• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes BADGER ORDNANCE mounting base

seb308

Private
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2010
FRANCE
Hello everybody,

I've got the oportunity to buy a badger ordnance P/N 306-56 - Short action Remington 45 MOA for the Schmidt & Bender 5-25X56 PM ll 5.1 oz.

Well, my question is, what if my scope is a LEUPOLD MKIV M2?

Is that mounting doesn't fit, or it doesn't matter?

Please help.
Thanks in advance

Re: BADGER ORDNANCE mounting base

For m2 and m3 Turret Leupolds your better off using a zero moa base.I personal woulnt use the 45 moa ,its used on the SB 5-25x56 to adjust and reach 2000yds depending on caliber your shooting.Badger makes a zero moa base or get the leupold two piece mk4 base.

You may not be able to achieve a 100yrd zero. It depends on the amount of travel the scope has.

Thanks a lot!

I was very interested in 'cause I had some trouble to reach 1000 meters in the past, and I had a hard time hold-off to reach my personnal record of 1300 meters with my M40A3 .308win.

So I would have been very interested in using a canted base.

The 45 MOA base will work if your scope has 100 MOA or more of internal elevation. If not then you won't get a 100 yard zero. Return the 45 MOA and get a 20 MOA for the Leupold. It will allow a 100 yard zero and get you to 1000 as I believe that scope has about 65 MOA of internal travel or so.

Ok, so I'll try something else.

However, do you know if 1300 meters is reacheable with a MKIV M2 elevation?