• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Badger pics?

xsn10s

Private
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2006
Eastern Oregon
Alright who's shot a badger? I was lucky enough to get on a rancher's land last year and got this badger in MT.
1.jpg

Re: Badger pics?

Verminator2 bummer that you don't have any pics. A couple of buddies got one in your neck of the woods by chance. We don't like using rocks though, they don't have enough B.C.

I'll have to check on the pics, but I don't think I have any. I would definately not advise the rocks+badgers thing. Mean beggars.

Gut em, tie them to a stick and roast over a fire with lots of salt and pepper. Take off after they are well done and eat the stick
wink.gif

I've only shot one and it was 10 or so years ago, slid him to a stop running straight away(Texas heart shot)with a CCI Maxi-Mag +V out of a .22 Magnum at about 20 yards.

Nice Badger GoForBroke........

I called one up on a coyote stand a couple of years ago.

I had heard that this could be done but i thought it was bull shit! Not anymore!It was kinda cool watchin him come in though.Started with a primos raspy coaxer.He was just nosing his way in till i saw him and hit the squeaker.Then he came at me on the run.Shot him at 60 yards.One poke with the 220 swift.Got 15 bucks outa him from the fur buyer.Sorry no pics.Didn't have a digi-cam then.Still dont have one now!

I know of a couple guys who've called them in. If anybody has read about the "estrus chirp", I think that's what they call it now, for coyotes, a guy I know said it worked great on badgers. He was using it down in Texas calling coyotes and badgers before other people "discovered" it, he just didn't know what it was or what it meant. Anyway, I thought that that was interesting.

Very interesting,... I've heard that people have called them in with a distressed woodpecker call. I'm not good at mouth calls but I;m going to start practising. I got mine at 270 yds from a elevated position with a 22-250 55BT. He was down a hole looking up at me. Then he came out and did a death role on his back. Plugged him two more times and he went back down the hole. When I got to the hole I could see him in it a foot and a half down so I plugged him one more time just in case. I still was pretty nervous reaching in there for him.

<span style="color: #FF0000">" I still was pretty nervous reaching in there for him."</span>

I bet......I would hate to have my whole arm in a hole and have one of those bad boys go to work on it..
eek.gif

Yeah I was thinking the samething at the time. But I had to make sure he was dead and I wanted my photo op. He fit in that hole pretty tight so I wasn't too concerned about my arm. I was more concerned what would happen once I got him out!

This one time, we were going to a spot to shoot chucks and a BIG badger crossed the road(2 track) and went into a hole right next to it. I got the .204 out with some 32 Vmaxs and squeeked at it until he poked his head up. I shot him twice in the top of the head and he stopped moving so I went down there. I just about reached in there but decided to toss a rock in there. I did, and the stinkin thing was still alive
smile.gif
I grabbed the 22-250 and put another one in him and that finished him. This badger was just HUGE, once we got him on a scale he was only 24# , but he looked bigger than some 30# badgers that I've seen (haven't killed any).

My younger brothers been chased by 2 of them, the first one was in a open field when he lifted a bail of hay. Out the Badger came and it was on, he had to jump up on the trailer. The second one was in the middle of the night when he was staying on the same ranch(working). The chickens in the middle of the night were spooked over something he went to check it out(Unarmed????????) it was a Badger and the chase was on again. he made it to the camp trailer, the Badger was throwing a fit out side the door when my brothers friend pinned him to the ground with a arrow from a recurve bow they had on hand.

SMACK, that would scare the crap out of me. I know my neighbor has gotten chased once or twice on her pivot. I think they can run pretty fast can't they? At least faster an me
wink.gif

I seem to recall Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom had a clip of a badger fighting with a cougar or a black bear. In any case I wouldn't want one chasing me.

GFB. Thanks. I have some good memories watching those old shows...as Marlon sat comfortably narrating while the cameraman filmed... "Watch now as barefoot Jim tries to mount one of the wild mustangs in this herd and ride it across the raging river. It looks like he is on its back now lets see if he can ride it across the river. The river is crowding its banks because of the spring runoff here...ooohhh it looks like Jim is down somewhere in the river and the mustangs continue to cross..."

Arch, that is right up there with good ol' Jackue Cousteaou when he narrates : "Watch carefully now, while my son Philleeep and I, attempt to feed the sharks."

Classic.

GOFO, thanks again. I did not have the time to watch last night but just watched the video clips. I remember sitting with my dad and watching those episodes posted HERE.

"The 100 foot long anaconda is sure something to wrestle in the water..."

Awesome!