• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Badger ring height for Nightforce 5.5-22x50?

oeser

Private
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2009
Utah
Just putting together my first bolt build and I'm getting ready to order some rings so I thought I better ask before ordering some rings that don't work.

I have a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 on it's way that i will be mounting on a Remington 700P LTR with a BO 20 MOA base. I would like the scope to be as low as possible but still fit some BC caps on it with a little clearance.

Will BO standard rings work or do I need mediums? Or more?

If you guys have pics of a similar application please post them.

Sorry if this has been covered before. I tried searching the topic but me skills must not be very good.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Re: Badger ring height for Nightforce 5.5-22x50?

Standard Badger rings will on a 20MOA rail w/50mm obj, but it is close. I would go with the Badger Standard Height (.885)

Does that leave room for caps?

This is why I would go with the Badger Medium Height (.885) It gives you the room you need.

Picture451-1-1.jpg

Thanks for the pic that helps a lot. So between standard (.823) and medium (.885) we're talking .052 more inches of height which is a little less than 1/16 of an inch correct?

Do you think I could get away with that much less. I just want it as low as I can go.

It looks like you have a standard 700P do you have any problem with cheek weld or does the stock pack get you high enough?

Yeah, I got an Eagle Industries Stock Pack and it works fine. As far as .052 of an inch, I wouldn't sweat that. My setup works fine.

I got the same setup on my 308. That is my .300WM above.

Thanks for the help 700P300, I've got an Eagle Industries Pack as well, that's why I asked.

Your right though, .052 higher probably is splitting hairs.

Hope to enjoy my 700p as much as you apparently do.

Crap, I just went to Triad and they don't have the mediums in stock. They do have the standards, do you think that will give me the room I need for caps?

I checked there too. I decided to go with Seekins mediums and ordered from Scott at LO. I've already got them in hand and I am pleased and impressed.