• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Badger ring Problem

metalic

Private
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2010
Illinois
url]
</a> Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]
url]
</a> Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

I was removing the rings from my base today and when I loosened the nut it fell apart. I had it torqued to 60 per Wheeler fat wrench. Has anyone ever seen this happen? I bought them used off the hide exchange. What kind of warranty does Badger have? Is warranty Transferable? If There's no warranty will they sell the piece to fix this?

Re: Badger ring Problem

I've had it happen several times but Marty will take care of you if you call Badger Ordnance up and explain the situation. I even got a couple of spares at no charge from him in case it happened again.

I would almost say that there is no such thing as a "Badger Problem", just because of how outstanding Marty is with supporting his products.

Call Badger, they will take care of you.

Thanks
I figured they would take care of it but was curious if it was something I might of done to cause this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Metalic,

Are your Badgers rings steel or alloy??? </div></div>

Alloy

Metalic
What kind of base are you using? I have only seen this happen using other mfg of bases that were not cut correct the ring clamps failed cause they weren't made to the mil spec picatinny rail.

If you are using a Badger Base then I would have your torque wrench checked.

Marty will send you new clamps free of charge just give him a call.

Its a NF 20 moa base.

I will give them a ring in the morning. Thanks for all the help

You have to love Great customer service.

Called Marty this morning and he sending me a pair for free.

This is why you should spend a little more and deal with a company from the USA.