• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Badger Ring question

lostangel

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2010
El Campo, TX
www.inamorato.net
I ordered and recieved a set of 34mm Max50 rings.
It looks to me like the top of the ring is smaller than the bottom, if that makes any sense.

If you look through the rings, as if a scope was in them, then the top ring looks like it would be in contact with the top of the scope before the bottom half would. I can get pics up tomorrow if this doesn't make sense.

Is this normal? In the past, I always just let my smith get the rings, etc and do all the work. So I never really paid any attention.

Thanks

Patrick

Re: Badger Ring question

If you mean that the top would contact the scope through a smaller arc of the scope tube than the bottom would, that won't matter.

The top and bottom must not be in contact anyway - there must be a gap between the top and the bottom, so that the cap screws, under the proper tension, can maintain tension on the tube.

If I've misinterpreted what you wrote, then please do post a picture or pictures.

Lindy,
It looks like, if the bottom was a 34mm, then the top looks like a 33 or 32mm. I will post some pics this afternoon. I will grab the rings when I go home for lunch.

It's probably nothing, like you said.

Thanks

Patrick

Every set of badger rings I have had is the same way, all work fine. Just like Lindy said, it is due to the amount of surface contacting the scope tube.

madd0c

Yes it is normal, put them on you scope and it will make since. You are seeing the removed section of the circle to make the air gap. The rings clamp the scope so they can not make a perfect circle when you put them together.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Usdmgtr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes it is normal, put them on you scope and it will make since. You are seeing the removed section of the circle to make the air gap. The rings clamp the scope so they can not make a perfect circle when you put them together. </div></div>

Ah, I see. Makes sense when you put it that way.

Thanks guys. Now, if you guys want to come to Texas and teach me how to shoot this thing, then let me know.

One thing I know, after I put all this into the rifle, the only excuse for missing is "user error"

Still waiting on scope to arrive. S&B 5-25X56 mil/mil/P4Fine.

Patrick