• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Badger Tac latch Gen 1 vs Gen 2

cox308

BAMF
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2011
United States, Hawaii
I'd like to hear people's thoughs that have used these charginging handle latches. I've used the gen 1 and really liked it. I was wondering if there are any benifets to the gen 2 over the gen 1. Or is it just a preference thing??

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Re: Badger Tac latch Gen 1 vs Gen 2

On rifles with magnifying optics, I like the G1 because its easier to grab when the optic sits over it.

On rifles with irons(gasp!) or an Aimpoint, I like the G2 because it is bigger than stock but not as obtrusive at the G1.

When I use to spend a lot of time working "jocked up" in tactical gear, I found the G1 would get hung up on my armor and pouches. This would lead to the bolt being out of battery more than I liked....

249-02%5Be%5D.gif

Link to Badger G1 TacLatch

249-20%20Gen%20II.jpg

Link to Gen II TacLatch

I've sheered off several roll pins on Gen I's. You'll find neither are supported in the back so if you're aggressive with your tap/racks you'll break one eventually. The Gen II is supported a little more in front so it's less likely to happen.

I prefer the Chargemaster from Bravo Company over both Badger styles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LCJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've tried both and didn't like either one.

I like these a lot better (FWIW).

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/PRI-Combat-Latch-p/pri%20latch%20combat%200042.htm </div></div>

This was my experience as well. The Badger one seemed like it shagged on anything, which hasn't been a problem for me with the PRI latch.

The Gen1 likes to grab on to things, and digs into your back if you sling on your back. I got the Gen2. Now I use the BCM Mod4 medium.

Gen 2 isn't bad, little lower profile, any bigger than stock latch is gonna snag more. After I got one, I decided they're kinda pointless unless you're racking your bolt constantly then they save some wear and tear on the fingers. Turns out with or without magnified optics I really never had a problem, but I bought one due to marketing/hype. Atleast they're cheap. Maybe if someday there's more on the line than just time it'll be worth its weight in gold, doubt it.

I've used the Gen 1 and actually ripped it off when I was fast roping. Never used the Gen 2 but now I run the BCM Mod4 medium as well and only have good things to say about it.