• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Badger Thruster Brakes

BCJR

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2006
S.E. AK.
can the od of a badger thruster brake be turned down or do you have to chamfer the ass end to match the barrel contour?
thanks

Re: Badger Thruster Brakes

All mine I turn down to match the OD of the barrel. Looks much nicer that way. I think that there are two sizes also.

They are designed to work both ways, but have it turned down if your barrel isnt too thin.

You mean like this
grin.gif

BYRON3.jpg

I was going to order one of these in the morning from triad, is the 5/8-24 the right thread for a remington varmint contour, 300wm?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JML403</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was going to order one of these in the morning from triad, is the 5/8-24 the right thread for a remington varmint contour, 300wm? </div></div>

Yes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCJR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">are they effective? </div></div>

Yes as long as you don't turn it down too small.

Thanks HateCA, and that is one clean install you posted! If my local guy does HALF that good, I will be happy.

That looks great, I'll add a comparison picture in a couple weeks when it should be done.

edit- Triad is out of stock on the 5/8 says the lovely new site. Can anyone point me in the direction of another dealer with them in stock??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JML403</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That looks great, I'll add a comparison picture in a couple weeks when it should be done.

edit- Triad is out of stock on the 5/8 says the lovely new site. Can anyone point me in the direction of another dealer with them in stock??</div></div>

I have one I'll sale you for $70+shipping. PM me if you're interested.

Just got mine back today. Had my guy turn the ass end down, I think the varmint contour is pretty thin and turning down the whole probably would have left a nub... It looks decent though, almost along the lines of a Holland with the back trimmed down.

Question: I know they are timed, just how crucial is it to have a perfect "timing" upon installation?

P2080720.jpg