• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Badlands Unknown Distance(UKD) class AAR

MWDG3

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
May 7, 2006
Owasso, OK
www.badlandstactical.org/

Great UKD class this last weekend at Badlands in Grandfield OK. This was only their second UKD class which isn't on the schedule yet. Instructors were Tillman Co. OK Sheriff Bobby Whittington and Steve Suttles. The link above provides instructor bio, definitely worth a look. Basic Precision Rifle is not a prerequisite for this class.

Day 1 started out with 4 hours of lecture regarding safety, range rules, fundamentals of UKD engagement, range estimation methods and reading wind. Mr. Suttles briefly covered marksmanship fundamentals before cutting out for lunch. Next we headed to the 1K range to confirm zeros and holds to 1000 yards. Over the next two days we engaged approximately 60 targets ranging between 300 and 1000 yards in 3-12 mph wind. At one point on Sunday, due to terrain, I was holding 2 minutes left with a steady right wind on my face.

Badlands has 4 separate UKD ranges now with many plate sizes for a multitude of angles and distances. Bobby mentioned future ranges out to one mile. This is one class I'll definitely repeat.

Equipment wise my Howa out performed the shooter as usual. The new Sig Whiskey 5 2-10x42 tracked well. Ranging with 10 power proved a challenge. TH-100 25 MOA elevation turret was very solid. I still need to learn how to fine tune the zero stop. Squeezing information from Sig customer service was a nightmare. Great little MOA/MOA hunting scope.

B6wkmUm.jpg

klrhKgS.jpg

KbnSIzg.jpg

i9bugZ0.jpg

Also if you can't hold your liquor, don't show up.

9A0tKRr.jpg

Last edited: