• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bag Rider for AI ASXR Chassis

300PRC

Psalms 18: 30-40
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2022
From Texas
This is my first post, my apologies if there is a thread already on this question. I have looked around the forums, and I am not coming up an answer for this question.

In the process of mapping out my first ELR build on a long action ASXR chassis. Does anyone have a recommendation for a solid bag rider, and who has it in stock?

Thank you,

Some like bag bullets

Dependabilt has one I’ve used and works good

Reactions: 300PRC
Some like bag bullets

That looks well thought out.
Is there any variation in the distance from the pic rail on the Dependabilt rider as in different hieght mounting spacers ?
Disregard: I looked on the site they have two different heights. The bag bullet is nice but havent used it and would prefer something that recoils parallel to the foregrip of the stock like the dependabilt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baron23
That looks well thought out.
Is there any variation in the distance from the pic rail on the Dependabilt rider as in different hieght mounting spacers ?
Disregard: I looked on the site they have two different heights. The bag bullet is nice but havent used it and would prefer something that recoils parallel to the foregrip of the stock like the dependabilt.
I haven’t used the bag bullet but I’m thinking of trying one. Where a slight slide of the gun or bag would adjust the height slightly. Vs squeezing or settling the rider in the bag

Last edited:
Reactions: 300PRC and XLR308
I haven’t used the bag bullet but I’m thinking of trying one. We’re a slight slide of the gun or bag would adjust the height slightly. Vs squeezing or settling the rider in the bag
Looks like a well thought out design, hell they could machine them out of stainless steel of various sizes or lightened slighty and eliminate the need for stock weights.

Some like bag bullets

Thank you for sharing these two, now for the tough choice. Which one to try first?

Have you had the opportunity to compare the bag bullet vs the Dependabilt Modular? The both look like really good choices.
No. I have the dependabilt. Want to try the bullet next. I think that smooth/sloped design would serve well for small elevation adjustments in the rear bag. I’m sure people on here have used them

More of a sloped vs flat bag rider comparison

Reactions: XLR308 and 300PRC
As the ole saying goes.. "Buy once, Cry once". This is a very nice, and I wasn't not even aware that is was out there. Thank you for sharing. So many options to choose from. lol
It is extremely well built, i personally like the fine thread version. The adjustments are perfect especially when paired with a Protektor rear bag. Your hand fitsnperfectly right by the adjustor wheel.

It is extremely well built, i personally like the fine thread version. The adjustments wind is it are perfect especially when paired with a Protektor rear bag. Your hand fitsnperfectly right by the adjustor wheel.

This is great feedback and I will most likely go this direction myself. After reading your suggestion, I noticed a lot of the competitors at the NightForce 2022 Challenge, were also using it. I am building this rifle because, I would like to shoot the 2024 event.

Reactions: Dil pickle
This is great feedback and I will most likely go this direction myself. After reading your suggestion, I noticed a lot of the competitors at the NightForce 2022 Challenge, were also using it. I am building this rifle because, I would like to shoot the 2024 event.
They look great too.

Attachments

• IMG_7525.jpeg
    IMG_7525.jpeg
    403.8 KB · Views: 145
Reactions: Rhed and 300PRC
IMG_5571.jpeg
Another shot of a ABR on a AI. Really like mines too.

• Love
How do you like your Wilcox?
Aw man.. I like it a lot. No regrets on the purchase. Very accurate with almost first round hits all the time. This is the high power (raptar s) G01 unit.

Aw man.. I like it a lot. No regrets on the purchase. Very accurate with almost first round hits all the time. This is the high power (raptar s) G01 unit.
That is what I like to hear. Out of curiosity how far have have you taken it with first round impacts?

That is what I like to hear. Out of curiosity how far have have you taken it with first round impacts?
The range I shoot at randomly changes the steel targets around. Ive have impacts out to 1200+- first round. Anything within 1000 no problem. Though, my cartridge I’m currently shooting is .308 which is the limitation.
What’s important on a Raptar or any WMLRF, is the zero set to the scope with the rangefinder. I have mines zeroed out to 2700 yrd using HI VIS on the Rap.

• Wow
I have one of the MKM bagriders and have been a big fan of it. If you're looking for an adjustable bagrider, obviously this isn't the right choice for you. Its performed well for me during field matches and I also like that it looks fairly factory in it's styling. Sorry for the horrible shadows.

20230430_181739.jpg

20230515_232847.jpg

No. I have the dependabilt. Want to try the bullet next. I think that smooth/sloped design would serve well for small elevation adjustments in the rear bag. I’m sure people on here have used them

More of a sloped vs flat bag rider comparison
If you do get the bag bullet, I would highly recommend getting the one with the aluminum pic rail attachment that he recently came out with, as opposed to the 3D printed one. My GF bought me one for Xmas last year and the plastic part failed and split in several places after 2 range sessions of light use.

Aside from that, I really can't recommend the version I had for the AXSR, because the bullet extends too far into the grip area and affects your wrist/grip. As you can see from this pic of my friend, he was having to twist his grip (with a wrapped thumb) due to the bullets position. I don't wrap my thumb when shooting and the bullet would still interfere with my wrist position. This was the lower version which was recommended to my GF by the owner, maybe the taller version would function better?

I liked the bullet on an MPA chassis, so I was disappointed with how it turned out on my AXSR.

VideoCapture_20230515-233617.jpg

Reactions: hafejd30