• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Bag weights edit: and sizes and how I use em

spife7980

Luchador
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
Central TX
Just sitting here in the rain and decided to make some data points on bags Ive collected over time

Armageddon pintsized gamechanger heavy sand fill-6lb
image.jpg

Armageddon game changer standard fill-5lb 15oz
image.jpg

Wiebad mini fortune cookie sand fill-7lb 11oz
image.jpg

Wiebed mini fortune cookie standard fill- 3lb 4oz
image.jpg

Wiebad tatertot sand fill-10lb 14oz
image.jpg

Wiebad pump pillow- 1lb 4oz
image.jpg

Tab rear bag standard fill- 1lb 7oz
image.jpg

Tab rear bag long light fill- 2oz
image.jpg

Tab wedgie standard fill
image.jpg

Wiebad mini tac pad- 9oz
image.jpg

Edit: Armageddon game changer with the @Precision Underground light(ish) fill- 2lb 10 oz
which is less than half the weight of the standard fill and does seem to lock up solid (not as solid as sand but pretty good) in that its slightly larger than sand but smaller still much smaller than the normal beads.
image.jpg

edit edit: wiebad behemoth pillow 1lb 8.5 ounces
image.jpg

Last edited:
I like the comparison. I also have a few bags other than those already posted. When I get home on Monday, I’ll try and get some weights.

BTW, it looks like your post cut short after the Weibad TAC pad lite.

Reactions: Steel head
I like the comparison. I also have a few bags other than those already posted. When I get home on Monday, I’ll try and get some weights.

BTW, it looks like your post cut short after the Weibad TAC pad lite.
No, I just thought I was typing up top of the post and then I couldn’t find it. Discovered it back at the end once posted it so I’ve deleted the half formed sentence.

Reactions: lash
I have some of ones shown above, but I like these two that I filled with the desired weight of plastic beads. Also is a great makeshift
soft black-jack ala Charles Bronson's Death Wish movie (he used rolls of quarters).

The old OD duty sock just because; it's light (12 ounces) and I find it easy squeeze-control.

The Cordura 1lb-14oz. and under filled to control the squeeze too.
IMG_9024.jpg
IMG_9025.jpg

My biggest gripe with bags is not being able to get the mag and grip down low enough on some weird obstacles where a bipod would probably be better deployed but I’m obstinate and like bags. And I like the rifle to be settled down into the bag and not soft and settling further with every shot.

Full size game changer is the only bag large enough to keep the mag and grip (it IS above the floor there) off a flat surface but it still tips forward.
78627445-1E46-4F30-970B-82A097633D05.jpeg

Pint sized gc is the next closest but the grip still hits.
image.jpg

Tatar tot is the next. I’ve seen people turn it on it’s side as well. But that just seems to let it settle in even lower
image.jpg

image.jpg

Mini fortune cookie is basically the same as the tot but the tots wider when turned on the side. Not wide enough IMO.
image.jpg

Pump pillow is obviously the tallest but it’s also soft and not full of solid sand. No where near as steady.
image.jpg

The other bags are much better used in the rear. Wedgie is tall but it’s also now rocks easily and isn’t what I would call solid.
image.jpg

Last edited:
The fortune cookies seem to work best when you lay it over the edge but it also keeps it all down lower over all, you push into the bag but really you are pushing the bag intot he edge of the table. I prefer the game changers when they are just propped on top of something vs laying over. I seem to like the cookies for when you are solid into a prop and can really put some force on the rifle. The game changers to me seem to work better for free recoil where Im pressuring the rifle into the bag but not really trying to push through into the prop.

mini fortune cookie, very solid but also very low
image.jpg

Pint game changer, I think this is my favorite bag, its just as solid but it keeps me up just that smidge higher.
image.jpg

Fullsize game changer is great, just wish I had it filled with sand but similar to the pint in how I like to use it.
image.jpg

Tatertot is basically exactly the same as the mini fortune cookie, it just got extra space on the sides.
image.jpg

Last edited:
With my bipod up two notches which is where I’m most comfortable this is how I use the bag in the rear.

Tater tot, for those who pinch this is a dream bag with all that extra side material.
image.jpg

Game changer I dont like, its too wide to fit in perpendicular to the rifle between my body or out the port side its in the way of my arm so I go length wise but it still bothers my trigger hand, its pretty big.
image.jpg

Mini cookie is a fine rear bag but I do have to work to keep it at this height resqueezing it between shots as it basically wants to melt into a puddle with the sand and worn out waxed canvas.
image.jpg

Pint game changer is my go to, its great at stacking at this height and with it folded on itself like the cookies are it doesnt want to break down lower.
image.jpg

On thin props like my deer feeder ladders the game changers don’t fold as much and give a longer flatter base for the rifle to sit on. They pinch smaller towards the bottom so the fill can’t all slump down and keep it up top for a more solid surface.
Pint size
image.jpg

Full sized

image.jpg

The fortune cookies all have the material slump to the bottom and the rifle just has canvas between it and the rail. I drop the rifle on the bags and it bounces hard on the rail with no cushion.

mini cookie
image.jpg

Tatertot
image.jpg

Last edited:
On a wider surface the cookies really come into themselves though I feel.

The game changer obviously doesn’t suck here but you can tell a difference with its additional height above the surface, it just feels like it wants to rock slightly. Keeps the mag free but you can tell the additional leverage. Both ends like to stay equally filled it seems so you’re better served trying to split the prop evenly. Too wide a prop and you can settle the bad in very low.

full size game changer
image.jpg

pint sized
image.jpg

The cookies you can pack one end thinner and push the rest back and it does move the rifle back off the prop a bit but it also drops it down lower and you can feel how much more solidly bedded the rifle is on the bag in these situations.

tatertot
image.jpg

Mini cookie
image.jpg

Last edited:
That is one fugly color combo on that rifle. lol

I am not a comp guy, but I like the idea of having a bag for some situations I find myself in. This stuff makes shopping down the road a little easier without trying them all. Thank you!

@spife7980
FANTASTIC!!! Thank you for sharing all of this info.
Having spent all that money and time with these various bags, is there a material you prefer? As in do you like the waxed canvas or the cordura or that plastic grippy stuff?

That is one fugly color combo on that rifle. lol

I am not a comp guy, but I like the idea of having a bag for some situations I find myself in. This stuff makes shopping down the road a little easier without trying them all. Thank you!
HA! Thats its... 3rd or 4th stock/chassis. Originally the whole shebang was green but over the years its adapted and I dont care to get the cerakote oven out again.

That was my hope, giving some comparisons to make it easier for others to get an idea of comparison.

@spife7980
FANTASTIC!!! Thank you for sharing all of this info.
Having spent all that money and time with these various bags, is there a material you prefer? As in do you like the waxed canvas or the cordura or that plastic grippy stuff?
Waxed canvas is the clear preference, not even close. Thats what they are all mostly coming with these days by default anyways. The waxed canvas is a thinner material and it forms to the rifle super well where as the thicker non waxed cordura is a bit more rigid and you can tell that its resisting folding around edges more etc., it just fights you a bit more.
As for the bottom for the wiebad sticky grip I got on the tatertot... its really grippy. I can throw it down on the table and push and it stays. Normal waxed slides easily. So on something like a truck bed or painted steel that you can get the sticky down on the sticky is amazing, on trees and rocks you can still tell that its gripping so its worth it there too. That said is really only a 50/50 winner, the waxed molds around stuff well, the sticky just grabs on. Both work.

Edit: my main motivation for getting the sticky on the tot is that, at the match I got the tot cert from, I actually tore a hole in the bottom of my mini cookie with a sharp cut post so I’m hoping the sticky will resist getting cut open like that.

Last edited: