• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Balanced rifles

Dead Eye Dick

Command Spec 4 (formally known as Wiillk)
Supporter
Minuteman
May 18, 2020
North Louisiana
Practicing with PRS rifles shooting off of barricades has a real world benefit.

While hunting this year, several deer presented themselves only briefly before moving out of sight into the brush. Quickly adapting, my Weatherby Vanguard, in .25-06 with its current VX5 3-15 scope balances perfectly on the bottom metal. As I practice with this rifle before each season, this year, I tried soemthing a bit different.

While practicing shooting off of a barricade at Altus Shooting Solutions, I pulled up a chair and shot from a barricade with the Weatherby. As stated it balanced perfectly and perfectly mimicked the shooting stance in the stand.

So, sitting in the deer stand I am privileged to hunt out of, this rifle balances on my Armageddon bag and I keep it rested there. Using my PRS style hold, I have taken both deer this year, by having the rifle on the ready, balanced perfectly and in both cases making perfect shots. See pictures below.

D26F5567-D71C-4B2D-A1BD-DE002A4B234A.jpeg
3C516A7B-DC70-410B-A723-5D268E338E83.jpeg

my 6.5 wasn't balanced. it could not sit on a barracade or tank trap. i bought a weight kit but that didn't help enough and the fore end got real fat and ugly.

i took a trigger pull guage to it to find out how much weight i needed. i found out 3 lbs was required.

i ordered an arca clamp weight from DST called DaShaft, and the 3 lbs made a sweet difference.