• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Balancing Bergara B-14R in KRG X-Ray or MDT XRS

GearMaker

Private
Minuteman
Jun 25, 2020
If anyone has upgraded their steel factory barreled Bergara B-14R into either a KRG X-Ray or MDT XRS chassis, I would appreciate knowing what weight combinations you used to balance your rifle. I'm thinking specifically for the NRL22 and PRS rimfire matches. In the factory stock, the Bergara is tail-heavy. While the stock is nice, it doesn't have much provision to add weight or move the balance point to forward of the magazine well.

I've settled on either the X-Ray or XRS stock (similarly priced and within budget), which will require an additional purchase of weights and possibly forends to accommodate the weights. Particularly with the X-Ray, the forend is so short, I will need either the enclosed forend, or an Arca rail that extends past the forend to have enough space to run a bag lengthwise.

So if you are running the Bergara in one of these two chassis, are you happy with it, and what combination of components have you used to achieve the balance you want?

I added an arca rail to my factory stock, easy enough to add weight on the rail. It's in an MPA chassis now, balances right in front of the mag well without any weight.

I added an arca rail to my factory stock, easy enough to add weight on the rail.
Thanks! Which Arca rail did you use? And did you have to drill another hole in the forend to install it? Was that all you needed to fix the balance?

I'm using an xrs with the enclosed forend and with the internal weight (forward position) and a set of ~.9 lbs external weights it balances nicely.

Thanks! Which Arca rail did you use? And did you have to drill another hole in the forend to install it? Was that all you needed to fix the balance?

I used an Area 419 rail, I don't remember if I drilled another hole, I probably did. I thought it balanced fine with an atlas bipod on it. There's a photo of it in a painting thread. https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/to-paint-or-not-to-paint.7167186/#post-10815284 You could also drill holes or router a grove and add some weight into the stock.

Try the factory HMR stock with the Area 419 weighted rail and leave your bipod on the rail as more weight out front. I have seen other custom/home made weights added to the Area 419 weighted rail on the rail section that extends past the stock and under the barrel

You will need to drill and tap a hole through the factory stock for one screw. Other screw uses the sling swivel hole. May or may not use the sction screw hole depending on how you mount.

Not a bergara but I have a Vudoo with 18" mtu and it needed the enclosed forend and two weight sets to balance. The new arca forend that KRG makes has a lot more mlok slots then the older version I have.

Have a good friend with the XRS and bergara and he got a steel arca rail for it from 360 precision and it balances great with that thing on it.

vudookrg.jpg

I used an Area 419 rail, I don't remember if I drilled another hole, I probably did. I thought it balanced fine with an atlas bipod on it.
Thanks NewsShooter. That looks like the standard 12" Arcalock rail, not even the weighted Area 419 rail. I thought for sure I'd need a weighted version if I was going to keep the factory stock. How much does the balance shift if you take the bipod off?

I'm using an xrs with the enclosed forend and with the internal weight (forward position) and a set of ~.9 lbs external weights it balances nicely.
Thanks Xxerexx. I have to say the XRS with its longer forend (compared to the X-Ray) is a tempting option. Are you using the MDT weights or another brand?

I have seen other custom/home made weights added to the Area 419 weighted rail on the rail section that extends past the stock and under the barrel
Thanks Lightning8. I can drill a hole in the factory stock, but making custom weights is probably beyond my skillset.

The new arca forend that KRG makes has a lot more mlok slots then the older version I have.

Have a good friend with the XRS and bergara and he got a steel arca rail for it from 360 precision and it balances great with that thing on it.
Thanks RandomWAguy. That's a great looking Vudoo! With the KRG extended forend, does the flare at the bottom make it difficult to attach the M-LOK external weights? It looks like it forces the weights outward at the bottom. Do you happen to know which 360 Precision steel arca rail your friend has?

Thanks NewsShooter. That looks like the standard 12" Arcalock rail, not even the weighted Area 419 rail. I thought for sure I'd need a weighted version if I was going to keep the factory stock. How much does the balance shift if you take the bipod off?

Thanks Xxerexx. I have to say the XRS with its longer forend (compared to the X-Ray) is a tempting option. Are you using the MDT weights or another brand?

Thanks Lightning8. I can drill a hole in the factory stock, but making custom weights is probably beyond my skillset.

Thanks RandomWAguy. That's a great looking Vudoo! With the KRG extended forend, does the flare at the bottom make it difficult to attach the M-LOK external weights? It looks like it forces the weights outward at the bottom. Do you happen to know which 360 Precision steel arca rail your friend has?

I don't have the stock anymore, gave it to a friend who is buying a barreled action. Mine is in an MPA chassis now. Holes with a drill or a groove with a router and some lead shot with epoxy would work to add weight.

20231105_141441.jpg

Went to this because the AICS had to go back to my centerfire. Big heavy scopes help with balance. It's lighter than the AICS but it's not end of the world.

Screenshot_20231113_212345_Facebook.jpg

This barreled action has been a bitch for the last year or so with cold bore shift.

It's no longer being used for a PRS/NRL22 match gun since I can't afford to wait 1-4 rounds for it to warm up and go back to center. Especially with the amount of wind we routinely have. Once hot...it drives tacks with the best of them. It's infuriating. And yes, I've scrubbed the fuck outta of it.

I'm using the snyder precision external weights as they're the cheapest commercial weights afaik.

No issues with the weights on the forend, he got the steel one made for the manners and just used some mlok hardware to attach it.

I got mine to balance really well in an x-ray but it took a lot of weight. I added the aluminium forend, tuner, made a longer spigot and added a long chunk of brass inside the forend. The Razor is heavy as well so didn't hurt it. I've sold it since and now have a vudoo with another x-ray but a 20" MTU contour barrel which makes it much easier.

1700050093102.png

I got mine to balance really well in an x-ray but it took a lot of weight. I added the aluminium forend, tuner, made a longer spigot and added a long chunk of brass inside the forend.
Thanks Gtar, and everyone else who has provided their experience.

I'm a bit concerned about how much weight it will take to balance the rifle--in either chassis. I know with the X-Ray, I can use the forend, an internal weight, an Arca rail spacer weight, a heavy Arca rail, AND a set of external weights, but all of that adds up to more than the cost of the chassis itself. And then with the XRS, I can add the forend, an internal weight, and two sets of external weights. That's the less expensive option of the two, but still additional cost over the initial outlay for the chassis. I guess that's the nature of this particular sport; there's no shortage of things to spend money on.

Maybe I'll get lucky on a Black Friday sale.

The challenge is the B14R. Great starter for PRS22 etc. - challenge is the relatively light barrel and getting balance. I sold my B14R and moved to RimX with much heavier barrel. I help my shooting buddy with his B14R - bottom line, need as light a "butt" as you can get and as much weight forward of mag as you can get. If you do get a chassis - get one with "light buttstock". I picked up a XLR Envy Pro and it is light rear - I added minimal front weights (heavy spigot) because I have a heavy barrel. Good luck.

At some point - you may want to compare the cost of a replacement barrel (longer, heavier contour) vs costs of new chassis and adding weights.

At some point - you may want to compare the cost of a replacement barrel (longer, heavier contour) vs costs of new chassis and adding weights.
Yes, and that is a very good point. I have no doubt I'll replace the barrel in the future. I'm reading a few threads on here about people who have replaced their barrels and what is involved in that process. But in any case, I won't get a new barrel before adding a new chassis, so that sequences my priorities for now.

Thanks Gtar, and everyone else who has provided their experience.

I'm a bit concerned about how much weight it will take to balance the rifle--in either chassis. I know with the X-Ray, I can use the forend, an internal weight, an Arca rail spacer weight, a heavy Arca rail, AND a set of external weights, but all of that adds up to more than the cost of the chassis itself. And then with the XRS, I can add the forend, an internal weight, and two sets of external weights. That's the less expensive option of the two, but still additional cost over the initial outlay for the chassis. I guess that's the nature of this particular sport; there's no shortage of things to spend money on.

Maybe I'll get lucky on a Black Friday sale.

Xray needs the enclosed arca forend and maybe three sets of weights, 480+310+135(3 sets snyder weights)=925

Xrs just needs the steel arca, 550+165=715

Neither is cheap by any means but nothing in this sport is. As others have said may want to see if you can stretch for a better base gun or set the bergara up as your dream rifle now and if need be sell the bergara and fund a Rimx or Vudoo later.

Xray needs the enclosed arca forend and maybe three sets of weights, 480+310+135(3 sets snyder weights)=925

Xrs just needs the steel arca, 550+165=715

Neither is cheap by any means but nothing in this sport is. As others have said may want to see if you can stretch for a better base gun or set the bergara up as your dream rifle now and if need be sell the bergara and fund a Rimx or Vudoo later.
Thanks! That was exactly the information I was hoping to find on the X-Ray and XRS. I'm probably leaning heavily toward the XRS at this point. You hit my idea spot on. I'm going to get the Bergara set up to be my NRL22/PRS22 rifle and run it until I feel like it is holding me back. Then I will either pass it along to my sons or sell it to help fund the next step up, be it a Vudoo or RimX.

I wanted to give an update to my Bergara B14R saga. I went with the MDT XRS chassis. The photo below is the rifle in it's current form, with the exception that I replaced the MDT M-LOK weights with a set of Grey Ops CNC Hybrid M-LOK weights.

After the XRS chassis arrived I put the barreled action into it, and also added the 360 Precision M-LOK arca rail (which weighs 34 oz. according to their website). This didn't come close to balancing the rifle forward of the magwell, even with the arca rail as far forward as I have it. So, I ordered the enclosed forend and the internal MDT weight that fits inside it. That weight is another 16 oz, and I hoped that adding this would solve the balance issue. No chance.

Next I added the MDT external weights, which also didn't balance the rifle. After a little searching, I found Grey Ops CNC and their external weights. The Grey Ops weights are are heavier than the MDT weights (16 oz a pair) and also have M-LOK slots on the outside so that they can be stacked. I put a set of those on the chassis, but still no luck with the balance. Just for the sake of science, I also put the MDT weights onto the upper set of M-LOK slots on the enclosed forend, and even with both sets of weights, the rifle doesn't balance.

My conclusion is that it is going to take a LOT of weight to balance this thing. There is almost 4 lbs of weights in and on the forend of the rifle, not including the bipod. I'm considering trying to add a brass weight on top of the arca rail under the barrel. I saw a photo of a rifle with a brass weight in that location. It's that, or I slap a dive belt weight on with some zip ties... which isn't really the look I'm going for, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Now I'm thinking about the future of this rifle and whether a more easily balanced chassis would be the better way to go (and what would that chassis be?). I could have a new barrel put on it, but this one has less than 300 rounds through it so far, and a re-barrel would raise my overall cost closer to the RimX level.

I'm happy to hear suggestions from Bergara B14r owners who have found solutions to the balance issue.

20240127_093805.jpg

Last edited:
I wanted to give an update to my Bergara B14R saga. I went with the MDT XRS chassis. The photo below is the rifle in it's current form, with the exception that I replaced the MDT M-LOK weights with a set of Grey Ops CNC Hybrid M-LOK weights.

After the XRS chassis arrived I put the barreled action into it, and also added the 360 Precision M-LOK arca rail (which weighs 34 oz. according to their website). This didn't come close to balancing the rifle forward of the magwell, even with the arca rail as far forward as I have it. So, I ordered the enclosed forend and the internal MDT weight that fits inside it. That weight is another 16 oz, and I hoped that adding this would solve the balance issue. No chance.

Next I added the MDT external weights, which also didn't balance the rifle. After a little searching, I found Grey Ops CNC and their external weights. The Grey Ops weights are are heavier than the MDT weights (16 oz a pair) and also have M-LOK slots on the outside so that they can be stacked. I put a set of those on the chassis, but still no luck with the balance. Just for the sake of science, I also put the MDT weights onto the upper set of M-LOK slots on the enclosed forend, and even with both sets of weights, the rifle doesn't balance.

My conclusion is that it is going to take a LOT of weight to balance this thing. There is almost 4 lbs of weights in and on the forend of the rifle, not including the bipod. I'm considering trying to add a brass weight on top of the arca rail under the barrel. I saw a photo of a rifle with a brass weight in that location. It's that, or I slap a dive belt weight on with some zip ties... which isn't really the look I'm going for, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Now I'm thinking about the future of this rifle and whether a more easily balanced chassis would be the better way to go (and what would that chassis be?). I could have a new barrel put on it, but this one has less than 300 rounds through it so far, and a re-barrel would raise my overall cost closer to the RimX level.

I'm happy to hear suggestions from Bergara B14r owners who have found solutions to the balance issue.
Moving your internal weight to the forward position will help some. I'm kind of surprised with the trouble you've had, are you running a really heavy scope?

Here are a couple pics of mine with a bipod (1lb), internal weight in the forward position and a set of snyder precision weights balancing on a shmedium (heavy fill).

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 41
I have a B14 R and you are correct, the factory stock is decent enough, but very light in the front. I put mine in a KRG Bravo and it balances about 90%, meaning just about as well as my 6.5, but not quite perfect. I also have the extended spigot mount, which puts the bi pod out another 3" or so,
it isn't much weight, but it helps a little. I actually just now ordered the KRG heavy spacer to go under the Arca rail, it will add almost a pound and should put it at 100% balanced! At least I hope it does!

I have the steel version of this product on two rimfires. It weighs close to 5 pounds by itself.

https://dstprecision.net/store/p58/NEW__Da'_Rail.html

Both rifles did also need additional weights up front. The anschutz balances 2-3” in front of the mag well, and the RimX is more like 4-5”. They are heavy, but I like the weight. Very easy to spot rounds as they approach the target. The value of placing the rifle on a barricade and it not tipping in one direction or the other is huge.

Reactions: juliang
I’d sell that heavy turd of an XRS and buy the KRG you should have just gotten from the beginning since you were concerned about balance. The bravo and X-ray are much lighter in the butt than those MDT’s. You probably would have been better off putting a steel arca rail on your factory stock.

Reactions: sjmpcc022
I have a B14 R and you are correct, the factory stock is decent enough, but very light in the front. I put mine in a KRG Bravo and it balances about 90%, meaning just about as well as my 6.5, but not quite perfect. I also have the extended spigot mount, which puts the bi pod out another 3" or so,
it isn't much weight, but it helps a little. I actually just now ordered the KRG heavy spacer to go under the Arca rail, it will add almost a pound and should put it at 100% balanced! At least I hope it does!
Yes, that was my issue with the factory stock. I thought having my heavy arca rail extend past the forend (like a spigot) and mounting the bipod to it would help with the balance, but it hasn't--at least not enough. I hope you are able to get yours to balance in the KRG Bravo with the heavy spacer. Let me know if that works for you.

Moving your internal weight to the forward position will help some. I'm kind of surprised with the trouble you've had, are you running a really heavy scope?

Here are a couple pics of mine with a bipod (1lb), internal weight in the forward position and a set of snyder precision weights balancing on a shmedium (heavy fill).
I'm surprised, too! Moving the internal weight forward is something to try. I didn't realize that was a possibility.

I have the steel version of this product on two rimfires. It weighs close to 5 pounds by itself.

https://dstprecision.net/store/p58/NEW__Da'_Rail.html

Both rifles did also need additional weights up front. The anschutz balances 2-3” in front of the mag well, and the RimX is more like 4-5”. They are heavy, but I like the weight. Very easy to spot rounds as they approach the target. The value of placing the rifle on a barricade and it not tipping in one direction or the other is huge.
I saw da'Rail a few months ago, but then could not find the website again. At the time, I thought it was a bit pricey, but after purchasing all the different weights and weighted arca rail, the da'Rail would actually give me more weight up front and be cheaper overall. I'll definitely keep it in mind. I agree 100% on the importance of not having the rifle tip on a barricade. I spent my first match wasting time re-acquiring targets when any slight move off the stock had my barrel tipping skyward.

I’d sell that heavy turd of an XRS and buy the KRG you should have just gotten from the beginning since you were concerned about balance. The bravo and X-ray are much lighter in the butt than those MDT’s. You probably would have been better off putting a steel arca rail on your factory stock.
Who knew, right? I didn't realize the KRG was lighter in the rear than the XRS. Live and learn. The KRG is still an option.

Thanks everyone!

Yes, that was my issue with the factory stock. I thought having my heavy arca rail extend past the forend (like a spigot) and mounting the bipod to it would help with the balance, but it hasn't--at least not enough. I hope you are able to get yours to balance in the KRG Bravo with the heavy spacer. Let me know if that works for you.
I got the e mail that it shipped today already, I'll report back when I bolt it on!

I'm surprised, too! Moving the internal weight forward is something to try. I didn't realize that was a possibility.

I saw da'Rail a few months ago, but then could not find the website again. At the time, I thought it was a bit pricey, but after purchasing all the different weights and weighted arca rail, the da'Rail would actually give me more weight up front and be cheaper overall. I'll definitely keep it in mind. I agree 100% on the importance of not having the rifle tip on a barricade. I spent my first match wasting time re-acquiring targets when any slight move off the stock had my barrel tipping skyward.

Who knew, right? I didn't realize the KRG was lighter in the rear than the XRS. Live and learn. The KRG is still an option.

Thanks everyone!
For those starting off on balancing the stock B14r barreled action, get the stainless steel version. It is only a few inches longer but every bit counts.

KRG Bravo is a good option because it is very light, especially the back end.

To the OP, suggest trying the following before going for a new stock.

1. Get an EC barrel tuner. I think it’s 9 oz and weight at the end of the barrel and you can tune different ammo.
2. Have a machinist drill and thread a brass cylinder that you can attach like a suppressor on the end of your barrel.
3. Get a Cole Tac rail and flat bag, then fill with sand and attach it to the arca rail.

A combination of the above will get you to your goals but much cheaper than a new stock.

Here’s mine balanced on a tripod head with the Cole Tac rail and sand bag. Now balanced, stable, and weighs -15.5 lbs.

YMMV, happy shooting
IMG_3411.jpeg
IMG_3410.jpeg

To the OP, suggest trying the following before going for a new stock.

1. Get an EC barrel tuner. I think it’s 9 oz and weight at the end of the barrel and you can tune different ammo.
2. Have a machinist drill and thread a brass cylinder that you can attach like a suppressor on the end of your barrel.
3. Get a Cole Tac rail and flat bag, then fill with sand and attach it to the arca rail.

A combination of the above will get you to your goals but much cheaper than a new stock.
Hello Mr. Wolf, I've seen some of your rifle build projects here, so I appreciate you commenting on mine. I have heard a lot of good things about the EC tuners, and am leaning toward getting one myself. That will indeed help a little with the balance. I never thought about having a brass tube threaded onto the end.

For those wondering about whether a KRG stock would have made a difference in the balance, I decided to try it out and see. The answer is: No.

It's not a 100% fair comparison because I do not have the KRG T-slot weight, which obviously would help. I also only have two M-LOK slots on the forend, so I can't install my Grey Ops CNC weights. I mounted the MDT weights instead, and also attached my heavy 360 Precision arca rail (one caveat to the 360 Precision arca rail on this chassis is that the forend is slightly rounded on the bottom corners, which creates some rocking with the arca rail that is not idea).

The photo below is the rifle in the KRG X-Ray. As you can see, the forend is a lot shorter than the MDT XRS, so the weight isn't as far toward the muzzle to help more with the balance. Out of curiosity, I started putting some small weight plates (barbell ones) on top of the arca rail where it extends past the forend. With the bipod attached, it took 2.5 lbs of additional weight to balance the rifle. Personally, I think that's crazy, but it shows that these chassis were not designed with rimfire rifles in mind--at least not ones with shorter/more narrow factory barrels.

20240216_214257.jpg

Reactions: Mr. Wolf
For those starting off on balancing the stock B14r barreled action, get the stainless steel version. It is only a few inches longer but every bit counts.
I didn't know that option existed until yesterday. If I had known, I would have probably went that route.

As I said, mine is 90 ish% there in a KRG Bravo and a spigot mount, I'm sure after the Arca heavy spacer we got a winner winner!

An aftermarket barrel is probably not much more expensive than a bunch of weights. My rifle is getting annoyingly heavy to balance with a 20” pipe. Next will be 24-25” full profile to lighten up the whole package.

An aftermarket barrel is probably not much more expensive than a bunch of weights. My rifle is getting annoyingly heavy to balance with a 20” pipe. Next will be 24-25” full profile to lighten up the whole package.
Yes, that is the direction things are going for me as well. I can buy more weights to slap onto it, buy a more expensive chassis with more M-LOK slots to slap more weights onto that, or I can have a long, heavy barrel put on it for about the same price.

IMHO drilled and threaded brass rod is the best bang for your $... and you can color it black to make it look like a suppressor and give off false pretenses that you are a noob running a suppressor in rimfire matches.

For smaller balance needs, I found the Cole Tac Backbone Bag frame with the Waxed Flat Bag filled with sand a great option as it will definitely shift your weight forward and also have a slim profile "gamer" bag that fits most small shooting holes.

Bonus: if you flip it over and mount it on a tripod with a double sided Arca rail, you have a great binocular glassing stand and a shooting perch for NRL Hunter style shooting.

1708209292328.png

YMMV, happy shooting

IMHO drilled and threaded brass rod is the best bang for your $... and you can color it black to make it look like a suppressor and give off false pretenses that you are a noob running a suppressor in rimfire matches.
Thanks Mr. Wolf. Have you had a machinist make one of these up for you? Any sense of what the cost may be? Also, no accessories are needed for me to give off false pretenses--my shooting alone is bad enough to accomplish that! :D

• Haha
Reactions: juliang
I personally have not but I've seen some competitors in my local area with it but a competent gunsmith with access to a lathe should be able to do it pretty simple. Talking to others, it was ~$100.

Recommend using fishing weights tied to the end of the barrel to estimate how much brass stock you'll need.

Hope that helps and you'll find that once the rifle is balanced, shooting positional stages are not a big deal, just let the rifle settle down and balance, and with a good trigger press, it's easy to spot the bullet trace which is all the difference in the world in this game.

Best wishes

Reactions: GearMaker
Here is the balance point on my MDT XRS with the Bergara 20" Barreled action. I'm certain the Scope with the 17"length and Atlas Bipod add to the weight but I don't use any chassis weight. I only shoot for entertainment off a bench and most of the time I use a Lead Sled II since it's more stable than I am. Weight as you see it is about 15 pounds.

IMG_3776.jpg

Mine balances pretty much perfectly in a bravo. No idea how much heavier the x-ray is. Spigot with either the ckye pod or a Harris out front and full arca rail. Could do the heavy steel rail to pull it forward slightly.

For reference, I stuffed 4 lbs of buckshot in a bravo to balance a 24" #8 taper (1.125-.930 straight) for the 243.

My Arca weight/spacer came today! I won't get a chance to install it till Friday, but my rifle also balances almost perfectly in a Bravo with no extra help.
In fact, I was shooting Sunday with a friend of mine, she is very new and just started shooting. We shot my B14 R and a Ruger Mark 2 22/45. I had the rifle on a 4' stepladder, balancing on a schmedium Gamechanger, heavy fill. Pretty sure the rifle would still be there on the ladder if I would have left it. FYI....once I figured out the wind, it was brisk, she hit my 1" mini gong at 85yds from on the ladder!

Here is the balance point on my MDT XRS with the Bergara 20" Barreled action. I'm certain the Scope with the 17"length and Atlas Bipod add to the weight but I don't use any chassis weight. I only shoot for entertainment off a bench and most of the time I use a Lead Sled II since it's more stable than I am. Weight as you see it is about 15 pounds.
I'm surprised it balances so well with no extra weight. That heavy 20" barrel sure must make a difference! And yes, the Harris adds almost a pound, and it being way out front helps.

Well here it is with the KRG heavy weight under the Arca rail. The extra almost 1# under the barrel seems to help with balance and the gun seems more grounded, if that makes any sense? When you set it on a bag, it feels like it's not going anywhere!

Attachments

• B14 R balance.jpg
    B14 R balance.jpg
    563 KB · Views: 38
Well here it is with the KRG heavy weight under the Arca rail. The extra almost 1# under the barrel seems to help with balance and the gun seems more grounded, if that makes any sense? When you set it on a bag, it feels like it's not going anywhere!
Nice! I'm glad it balanced for you! I think having your bipod out so far on the spigot helps as well. With the contour of the KRG forend being slightly rounded at the bottom, does the arca rail/spacer setup have any rocking, or is it rock solid? Thanks for posting the pic!

Nice! I'm glad it balanced for you! I think having your bipod out so far on the spigot helps as well. With the contour of the KRG forend being slightly rounded at the bottom, does the arca rail/spacer setup have any rocking, or is it rock solid? Thanks for posting the pic!
I'm certain the bi pod is helping out a lot! Rock solid is a good way to put it! I was able to get 10 screws in it to hold the spacer and rail on, and they load you up pretty good with different length screws. I had to grind about .125" off of 3 of them, but it worked out awsome!