• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Balancing out a Vudoo 22" MTU in MPA Comp Chassis

dscl

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2021
Illinois
After a long 5-ish months my 360 is scheduled for delivery next week. I'm looking to balance out the rifle with some weight kits and was looking for guidance/advice in what to purchase.

Rifle details: 22" MTU barrel in a MPA Comp chassis w/ EC Tuner

It looks like the options are:

ProductWeight (ounces)Notes
MPA Internal Weight Kit35
MPA Competition Side Rails16Can't be used with Gray Ops External Weights
Gray Ops Side Rail Weights13.7-27.4
Gray OPS External Chassis Weights12-36Can't be used with Side Rails

Any thoughts?

5B84E4FE-F14C-4BFE-8A88-96DDA56239CE.jpeg

Vudoo gen2, 22” MTU, side rails, front Gray Ops weight, no internal weights. Balances a couple inches in front of the magazine.

Reactions: dscl
Vudoo gen2, 22” MTU, side rails, front Gray Ops weight, no internal weights. Balances a couple inches in front of the magazine.
This was incredibly helpful, thank you!

Since you have the side rails quick question for you, do you think something like an Area 419 RailChanger X would work? Also, was there an upcharge to do the custom color on the side rails?

I have never tried the Railchanger X so not sure. My experience with the side rails (pushed fully up when tightened) has been lever clamps (like RRS) mostly seem to work, longer shaft Arca knobs (like MPA RAT, Wiser Precision) work, short Arca knobs (like RRS pro) do not. Please note I have not tried every possible combination though. There was a small up-charge to match the color of the side rails but I felt it was well worth it. Gives it a more finished look in my opinion.

This was incredibly helpful, thank you!

Since you have the side rails quick question for you, do you think something like an Area 419 RailChanger X would work? Also, was there an upcharge to do the custom color on the side rails?
I run my Vudoo in a BA Comp chassis with the Comp side rails but I added the BA Comp Arcarail at the bottom as the knob on the RailChanger is a pain to maneuver without the extra clearance. I run the full GrayOps side rail weight kite and the monopod weight (from MPA) and my rifle balances at the front of the magwell (18" barrel with Area419 break and tuner).

I ran the MPA comp chassis with my 22” .90 barrel, side rails, and spigot and it balanced in front of mag well with an accutac bipod.
Just switched to a Manners PRS1 with a 24” barrel tapered from 1.25 to about .98” and have home made lead cast into an Area 419 weighted arca. She balances like an Olympic gymnast.

Attachments

• B2196688-9444-40AE-8493-081754227907.jpeg
    B2196688-9444-40AE-8493-081754227907.jpeg
    598.1 KB · Views: 115
I ran my 18" vudoo in a mpa comp chassis full internal wieghts and grayops external wieghts, the mpa plastic bagrider in the back " can't remember what they call it".
It did not balance well at all. Maybe with the sides rails it would have. Plus it had a feeding issue every so often, not alot though. I switched to a mdt acc, balanced perfectly now, haven't had a feeding issue yet. Just my experience

just wondering is it a 1:16 spin or did you do something more customized ? sweet looking gun anyway .

just wondering is it a 1:16 spin or did you do something more customized ? sweet looking gun anyway .
If you are referring to mine, it is a 1:16. The gun will never be the reason that I don’t perform well in matches. The operator is another story.