• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Balistic Calculators - Estimating MIL/MOA Clicks

GunnyUSMC

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2022
SC
I am new to the forum and i have seen questions revolving around this topic but never the same question and never really answered.

My ballistics calculator, like all the others, takes information such as caliber, bullet weight, muzzle velocity, BC, and other information to present a Bullet Trajectory chart. However, some calculations/results just dont make sense, at least not yet. Here is the question:

• My scope uses a H59 reticle in mils
  • My rifle is zeroed at 100yds
  • According to the app, my bullet will drop 3.85" at 200 yards.
  • In a normal world, if i were to make a 3.85" correction on my elevation turrent, that would require an appx 13 click (1.3MIL) adjustment. (This is based on each click is .1MIL and .1MIL is roughly = .36")
  • According to my ballistics calculator, the drop adjustment for this 385" Drop is 5.35 clicks (.535MIL).

I am so confused...

In other posts, people consistently just say "Trust the Ballistics Calculator" and dont ask WHY?

Unfortunately, my brain doesn't work that way.

Can someone explain why my Ballistics Calculator says to adjust my elevation only 5.35 clicks for a 3.85" drop when all my other learnin says that kind of adjustment would be more like 13 clicks?

Thanks!!

.1 mil @200 yards is roughly .72 inches.... 3.85"/.72"= .535 mils

What crayon eating math are you doing too get 1.3 mils?

Why are you even using linear measurements?

some tremendous work there to be studied later.
(Lithgow 101 using SK Reds (red devils)