• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ball-head lube. ?

deersniper

Protecting the Sheep
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    What are you using to lube your tripod heads ?

My anvil 30 is getting gummy from storing in a vehicle all the time. Then cold weather really locked it up

73E40AC6-23BE-40BB-82A9-4F8AC063BBD4.png

Reactions: dirtytough

Here’s one that shows the Anvil-30 disassembly and cleaning. At 3:20 he discusses oil and where to use it (if you wanted to).
    🍻

Reactions: Baron23
    I would clean it really well and run it dry.

I do like super slick stuff for a light lube that does very well at not drying into a sticky varnish or attracting dirt.

This stuff is really good. Lubricant is suspended in alcohol carrier. Spray it on, let it dry. Acts like a dry film lubricant, but kind of hard to explain.
    It's slick, but not greasy at all. Great for bolt guns where you don't want a bunch of dust static clinging to everything.
    IMG_6652.jpg

Shrug, I've never used anything in any of mine.
    I have MANY different kinds that I've long used for photography.
    Recently used the big ones for rifle use.
    Still working good.

I usually just lube the head and leave the balls dry. But maybe I'll try both next time.:p

Is that for your shaft? He clearly was asking for ball and head lube. NOT the shaft. :rolleyes:

:p

• Haha
    Reactions: Nik H
    I haven't found a bad product from them yet. I use the blue cutting paste damn near every day.

What's amazing is how few people have heard of them or use their products.

Probably once a week I have a conversation about Boelube and then Naval Jelly is the other one. Both amazing products that people don't know about.