• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ballistic AE BC Trueing

tnichols

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2010
Morley IA
I’ve been using Ballistic AE for several years with good results. However, I’m struggling to find a way to tweak the BC after trueing MV at the 600-700 yard distances.

Example is my 260 with a 142 SMK trues out at 2886 on the 655 and 775 yard targets. At 910 and 1030, it will trend high, so, tweaking the G7 BC would be in order. Just can’t quite figure out how to do this within the app.

This general load has lined up quite well for years, but I understand Sierra is now pointing this bullet. Am I missing something? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

I’ve been using Ballistic AE for several years with good results. However, I’m struggling to find a way to tweak the BC after trueing MV at the 600-700 yard distances.

Example is my 260 with a 142 SMK trues out at 2886 on the 655 and 775 yard targets. At 910 and 1030, it will trend high, so, tweaking the G7 BC would be in order. Just can’t quite figure out how to do this within the app.

This general load has lined up quite well for years, but I understand Sierra is now pointing this bullet. Am I missing something? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
I had this happen on ballistic AE
I often did custom BC curves.
at the top of the trajectory screen is BC and a options icon leading to bullets, loads, litz and custom.

I had this happen on ballistic AE
I often did custom BC curves.
at the top of the trajectory screen is BC and a options icon leading to bullets, loads, litz and custom.
I use Ballistic AE on my phone and mine showed bullets, loads, Litz, and other. I did manage to change the BC (I was overlooking the simplicity of changing it :rolleyes:). I only bumped the G7 of .301 to .302 and then shot at 775, 910, and 1,030. It seemed to line up nicely today anyway. I'll shoot it a few more times on different days to see if that is all that was needed.

Crisp morning with a 8-10 mph breeze, 8 degrees F, and -2200 DA

Reactions: _Windrider_
I use Ballistic AE on my phone and mine showed bullets, loads, Litz, and other. I did manage to change the BC (I was overlooking the simplicity of changing it :rolleyes:). I only bumped the G7 of .301 to .302 and then shot at 775, 910, and 1,030. It seemed to line up nicely today anyway. I'll shoot it a few more times on different days to see if that is all that was needed.

Crisp morning with a 8-10 mph breeze, 8 degrees F, and -2200 DA
Yea, shooting a few times to confirm is prudent.
Sometimes the custom multiple BC option in other is really helpful but usually the single BC works well as long as your not really stretching things out.

Yea, shooting a few times to confirm is prudent.
Sometimes the custom multiple BC option in other is really helpful but usually the single BC works well as long as your not really stretching things out.
Will do. I believe the single BC should work as my furthest target is at 1211 yards. I don't play at the distances you do :).