• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ballistic Calculator and Table Generator, why not?

xcDave15

Private
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2012
PA
I recently picked up a Windows Surface RT because it was cheap (under $200 for package with keyboard) and I figured why not give tablets another shot. It is great except for the lack of ballistic software apps available.

Now I already have Strelok on my Android phone and I love it, but I wanted something for my tablet, so I built one in Excel.

I have used Excel extensively (building Actuarial Rating tools for the insurance company I work for) but one draw back of the Surface RT is its ARM based processor, thus it's version of Excel can't have macros or vba coding.

Side stepping this, I created a formula based spreadsheet that has user input (the white cells in first picture) and a quick view drop chart for a specified distance (red cells in first picture) and a drop table in 50 yard increments (second picture)

The only cells that can be modified on the sheet by the user are the white ones (so formulas don't get messed up by accident)

I thought it was a useful way to spend some of my free time while away from home and figured I would share.

Attachments

• BallisticDD1.JPG
    BallisticDD1.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 22
  • BallisticDD2.JPG
    BallisticDD2.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 24