• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Ballistic Calculator For Blackberry

700bdl

Private
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2006
Texas
There were members looking for ballistic calculators that would work on Blackberry Smartphones.... Well here is the answer to your quest.Read the following and follow the instructions to install the new OS,It contains "Documents To Go" which give you the ability to view and edit MS documents,word and excell documents.So now you can use the "pesja ballistics.xls" program mentioned here on the hide.After the OS download open the docs to go folder and check for updates and you will be given "sheet to go" which will operate excell documents.
I sent the ballistics program to myself as an attachment in an e-mailand downloaded the attachment and saved it .It works great!!!!
cool.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Software For BlackBerry® 8820 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.75 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.5.0.75
Consisting of:
Applications: 4.5.0.52
Software Platform: 2.7.0.66
File name: 8820M_PBr4.5.0_rel75_PL2.7.0.66_A4.5.0.52_Orange.e xe
File size: 75.92MB

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...3F7A83B1AC75B4

Instructions for installing on ANY 8820 (regardless of carrier)

1. Make sure you have Desktop Manager installed. If not, get it here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
2. Download the above file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the OS file you downloaded.
3. Locate the vendor.xml file and delete it. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
4. Plug in BB and Open Desktop Manager. You should be prompted to upgrade.
The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
If you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to DM again and run application loader again and it should load the OS to the device.

Link to the previous OS for this device, click here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My HowardForums' Feedbacks

Re: Ballistic Calculator For Blackberry

Blackberry site says link no longer exists. Do you have an updated link and also will this work on a Blackberry 8700? Thanks,

CMS

I cant get this to work on my black berry just says file type not recognized.

I was hoping to find something for a Blackberry as well. Sounds like the typical microsoft os software. Hard, if not impossible to use. No surprise.

That's an interesting characterization, given that the Blackberry is not running a Microsoft OS.

Field Firing Solutions and Exbal are two excellent and flexible ballistic programs and both run on Microsoft Windows Mobile platforms, although FFS runs only on PDAs.

Maybe you ought to can the Blackberry, and get one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 338WinMag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Google turned up quite a few interesting hits. I find this one intriguing as well as free. Says it works with BB's and Wm Devices and does Mils: http://sites.google.com/site/freeballisticcalculator/

Free so it can't hurt too bad, right? It'll have to wait until I get home from work though. </div></div>

did you like my program?

I really like it... thx... if I want to go in 25yrd increments out to 1000, how do I do that.... we notice that the range stops at like 600ish and so does the range card. thx again

Ring---do i need to access the site from my BB in order to get this calc? Or, would it be easier to dwn load file and the xfer it to my device? Any help would be appreciated...website was a little vague.

Thanks, Steven

Went to the site that was recomended by "Ring" but, didnt see a link to download app....sent Ring a pm and havnt gotten a reply, was actualy doing some more searching today for a app for the BB. There has got to be one out there,,,,the damn phone can do everything else and find it hard to believe no one has developed one for it!!! (i am pretty sure i dont have the capacity to develop one myself, otherwise i would!!)
If i find something i will post it for all...

Ward

just played with the one ring made again, gonna email the file to myself and open on my phone using microsoft xls, i will le you know if it works for me....

There is one I found on my BB app world from verizon, they want $3.99 for it, but it didn't get very good reviews, so I'm not sure if I'm going to get it or not.

That's all I have found for the blackberry so far.

I am looking for one as well for the BB let me know if you find one. In the mean time I worked a bit to update the xls file mentioned above a little bit to get it to 1175 yrds. Anyone want to review it and see if it looks correct?

Ever since this posted, I've been looking literally just about everywhere for a good BC for the BB Storm, so far, "0"! I'm slightly disappointed, if I can't find anything I might just get the BC watch with the horus BC in it! Its always good to have a back up plan!!!

Well the spreadsheet works well if I had excel on my phone. Looking for free excel type program to try it out.

I put the lat/long range calculator from Lindy on mine and it works fine. I think it is a .xls or excel program. So they should run any excel based calc program shouldn't it????
jh

Not sure the "docs to go" use to have a excel program in it now it is just word and power point. I will look maybe this weekend for a excel program.

hey guys,
i have just joined and i like the concept.
sounds good to me!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dallas12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is one I found on my BB app world from verizon, they want $3.99 for it, but it didn't get very good reviews, so I'm not sure if I'm going to get it or not.</div></div>
If it's the one I got from BB App World - you'd do well without it (I'm removing it from my BB). Besides, it uses <span style="text-decoration: underline">only</span> G1 BC, which won't help you much long-distance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's all I have found for the blackberry so far.</div></div>
Somebody in this thread pointed out a new app - I'm going to try it and compare results with JBM. Will report here.

Well, I've tried this GunSim app on my Blackberry Bold.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Test conditions</span>: 0.338 Sierra 250gr MatchKing, MV 2800 fps, twist 1:10", scope height 2.63", chrono distance 10 ft, zeroing range 100m, local weather 19F, 47% RH, 1013.7 hPa, wind 10 mph at 3 o'clock, local altitude 68m, target speed 10 mph moving from 3 o'clock towards 9 o'clock. Computing for 2000m.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Precision/Accuracy</span>: compared to JBM Online. At 2000m elevation adjustment was off by 0.5mRad (43.0 form JBM against 43.5 from GunSim), wind adjustment was off by 2.9mRad (554.6in by JBM, 320in by GunSim). Energy: GunSim 373.84ft/lb, JBM 379.7ft/lb. Velocity: GunSim 820.6fps, JBM 827.1fps. ToF: GunSim 5.079sec, JBM 5.049sec. Lead: GunSim 893.9in, JBM 887.7in.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Good</span>: I see great consistency with JBM - except in how wind drift (and spin drift
wink.gif
) is calculated (consistent 2+mRad difference for wind). Note that target lead for the moving target was spot-on even at 2000m!

It supports banded BC, including G7 BC. It supports distance/range in meters (and yards of course
smile.gif
) and the rest of the data in Imperial (fps, etc). Many nice features.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Bad</span>: I found the interface inconvenient, in places - counterintuitiv. Also, it was/is very slow on my pretty new Blackberry Bold (9650).

Ballistic table didn't go beyond 1700m when I asked for 2000m. On the other hand, the exact distance dope (specified for 2000m) was computed just fine (except for the wind).

<span style="font-weight: bold">Comparison</span>: It doesn't stand to Ballistic FTE or Bullet Flight on iPod Touch 4 - but it beats everything I've seen so far on BB. Which wasn't a whole lot to begin with - one stupid Ballistics 1.0 calc from BB App World, another under the same name and v2.0 (presumably an upgrade for it but made by a different company) that is even worse, and Pejsa spreadsheet (which IMHO really sucks as a ballistic calculator) that I couldn't quite get to work on BB despite having Documents To Go package installed.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Summary</span>: if you must have a ballistic comp on a Blackberry - this one is "good enough" and surely worth $8.99 the author is asking for it. <span style="font-style: italic">I just bought it, for the occasions my iPod isn't with me.</span> If you can relegate that function to iPhone or iPod - there are better choices. Not necessarily better precision-wise, but <span style="text-decoration: underline">much more convenient</span> to use, and faster.

P.S. I'll talk to the author about wind drift.

I downloaded gunsim for my new blackberry 9780. Seems like a great little program and will use it soon.

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">I apologize for being rush in recommending GunSim.</span>

GunSim application suddenly stopped working on my BB 9650 (after BB App World and Yahoo Messenger were updated - which should have no relevance to this app). All I'm getting is a message <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="color: #660000">Uncaught exception: Exception thrown in a midlet constructor</span></span>.

I told the author about this problem - will post updates here.

<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">Update:</span> after a couple of iterations, the last downloaded version worked, and still works (previous ones would stop working after a day or so). So the problem I've experienced has been fixed.</span>