• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ballistic calculator question

gatorglockman

Private
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2010
Alabama, US
I a noob to precision rifle and I am learning. I have seen the Apple I-Phone ballistics ap and was impressed, but sadly, I don't have an I-Phone.

I do have a palm pilot and or an ability to create some charts (old school) to take to the field or match.

Can anyone solicit some ideas, links or direction on how to secure some data for my palm pilot or to print and waterproof? Free is good if it is out there.

Thanks for any insight that can be offered!

Re: Ballistic calculator question

If you don't plan on getting a I phone, look at getting the I touch they usually run about $150-180 and you can have multiple programs that are available on I tunes.

The one I am really liking right now is Mil Dot Ballistics, the range estimation on it is really good, fast, and goes down to .05 on the mil scale to give a more precise reading. Also has leads, hold overs, and other information displayed on the screen, with a double tap on the screen will switch from MILS to MOA to inches. The set up is a snap and very user friendly.

I also have the Knights bullet flight which is good and very user friendly but lacks in the range est, and moving targets features.

I have some videos up on my web site talking about them, I will be posting up a video on the Mil Dot Ballistics here in a few days.

http://www.vaportrailtactical.net/photos_and_videos

Re: Ballistic calculator question

Thx gents. Well...I got the old Palm charged and dusted off. Once done, I did locate a free Palm software site with 2 programs. Good news is I got one loaded. Hopefully it does the trick. It will be better than what I have now.

I Touch tip is a great one. Maybe I can pick one of those up used on the cheap in the future and go that route once I get in the game and functional.