• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Range Report Ballistic coefficient

Re: Ballistic coefficient

For L.C. use Sierra's numbers: .490 to 1000 IF you're only using one number. That's a G1. IF you have a program that will handle multiple BC's then Sierra publishes .505 above 2800 fps; .496 from 1800 to 2800; .485 below 1800. My older Sierra III only handles 3 entries. Sierra now often breaks down the numbers over 4 entries (when this happens, I compute an adjusted entry to squeeze 1 pair of the four into one entry. I won't bore you with details. Go to the Sierra website and you can download all the BC's.

Without knowing Corbon's bullet choice, I'd wag it and just assume Sierra's numbers.

Re: Ballistic coefficient

If you go to JBM you can get Bryan Litz's tested numbers applied to your data input and get extremely good numbers (assuming you put in good data).