• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Ballistic FTE output & OPBZ

fusiachi

PFC Snuffy
Minuteman
May 12, 2008
South of Expected
The range card generated by Ballistic FTE contains dope based on its calculation of optimum point blank zero rather than the zero value I've selected. Operating in SIMPLE mode will give me the proper dope for my zero, but the HUD information is based on OPBZ regardless of whether I'm in SIMPLE mode or not. Would somebody be kind enough to point out whatever it is that I've missed?

Re: Ballistic FTE output & OPBZ

What version are you using? Its not happening on mine...HUD is showing my intended zero range, not OPBZ. The dope chart shows my zero on the top row as 'zero range'. 3rd row shows Optimum PBR Zero.

If you go to your settings applet on the home screen of your ipod/iphone, click on the Ballistic FTE settings tab...

My settings are as follows:
Ballistics computer -- JBM
Simple mode -- Off
JBM Computer -- Calculate OPBZ -- On
atmosphere -- zero -- load from favorites

I don't see anything else that would cause the issue. I'm running 2.3.8

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Powder Burns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What version are you using? Its not happening on mine...HUD is showing my intended zero range, not OPBZ. The dope chart shows my zero on the top row as 'zero range'. 3rd row shows Optimum PBR Zero.

If you go to your settings applet on the home screen of your ipod/iphone, click on the Ballistic FTE settings tab...

My settings are as follows:
Ballistics computer -- JBM
Simple mode -- Off
JBM Computer -- Calculate OPBZ -- On
atmosphere -- zero -- load from favorites

I don't see anything else that would cause the issue. I'm running 2.3.8 </div></div>

Thanks for the reply....my settings and version are identical to the ones you've listed, but the HUD output is consistent with the OPBZ for this load of 258 yards as opposed to the 100 yard zero I've selected. I checked this by running the numbers through the JBM online calculator.

I run mine with the Calculate OPBZ -- off

Mine works as I think it should!

Now I do have mine. Look in the setting app on the main screen, and get into the Ballistic settings. There's one near the bottom under "Head-Up Display" that lets you toggle between two setting for zero range. It doesn't look like exactly what you need, but maybe a change will fix your problem. Mine is set for "load from favorites".