• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ballistic Program Recommendation?

exhogflyer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2009
Near Albany, NY, USA
Hello and thanks for the help in advance...I did try searching but came up mostly with answers for phones.I recently scored a great buy on a Trimble Recon that I'd like to install a ballistic program for field use.Right now on my home PC I'm using the Nightforce program which works good and I could also get the same for the PDA.I've also been reading about Exbal, and also Horus has a nice program albeit expensive.My experience is limited on these but I do plan on learning and using one more.Can someone who has experience guide me a bit on choices? Thanks fellas.........

Re: Ballistic Program Recommendation?

I prefer field firing solutions FFS Some like Loadbase 3. Others like Ballistic FTE. I find that FFS is more consistent.

And I use FFS with my nomad 900L

Cheers

-K

+1 on Field Firing Solutions. It was amazingly good at Gunsite on long-distance 338 Lapua targets.

Cory Trapp (CoryT on this site) at Gunsite used to hold online tutorial sessions with the software...sort of a 'try before you buy' deal to see how FFS works. It might be worth checking with him to see if he still does these before you drop some pretty big coin on the software.

patagonia ballistics -loads of tools and a great programe ,less expensive than FFS and more comprehensive