• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ballistic software, and ballistic scopes

Godbullet

Private
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2012
Tx
Howdy all,

I don't admittedly know much about this and internet searches are turning up just a bunch of unclear answers on this. What I am doing is wanting to get software/ballistic computers for a mile to 1.5 mile shots. The BORs seems ok. I like that it fits onto the scope and holds lots of data. Also it might be reprogramable since it can plug into a PC, and more advanced options could be imput. The Zeiss Hensoldt with SAM or the built in ballistic computer seems fairly advanced and does just about everything but plot and stack the windage and pull the trigger. Trouble is the scope costs almost $12,000.00. There are PDAs which have the horse system and horus. Which in your opinion has the best or most complete software? Thanks.

-Jordan

Re: Ballistic software, and ballistic scopes

Field Firing Solutions is the best and most complete software.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HeroFish</div><div class="ubbcode-body">davide -- what device do you run FFS on?</div></div>

Field Firing Solutions has to be installed on a PDA; however, there are applications for the iPhone, iPad, and Android operating systems that are used by many, many shooters with very good results.

Take a look at Ballistic: Field Tactical Edition.

KillShot, I have Ballistic: FTE on my iphone. But I have to say, the FFS website does a very good job about making the sale :). I am not convicned however enough to spend the $$$ (and its 3 figures). However, I would like to hear from folks who have used both what FFS gets them that an app like FTE doesn't.

how much is the FTE herofish?

I got "bullet flight" by knights armament when it was still $10 for the iPhone/iPad. With updates, inflation, and who knows what else, it is now $30. Good app, yes. Do I feel that there is any software out there that will replace a good ol fashion paper data book? No.
In my experience, many will get you close. But nothing is 100%
I say pull the trigger, write it down, adjust if need be, repeat.
-Sons

Oh, and by the way, the Field Firing Solutions is $395 and from what I've seen via video and images, it and the <span style="font-style: italic">JBM Ballistic: Field Tactical Edition</span> has pretty much the same input options. The price of the <span style="font-style: italic">Field Firing Solutions</span> also doesn't take into account that you <span style="font-style: italic">must</span> have a PDA that accepts an SD card because that's what the program is installed on. That being said, when you add up the cost of a decent PDA and the program, the Ballistic FTE is much more attractive.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 14pt">Field Firing Solutions - $395</span></span>

Main-QuickStart.gif

Presets-QuickStart.gif

Elev%20Typ.gif

<a href="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ballistic-field-tactical-edition/id303254296?mt=8" rel="nofollow" target="_blank"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 14pt">JBM Ballistic: Field Tactical Edition - $19.99</span></span>
</a> http://ballistic.zdziarski.com/

mzl.yhsexcch.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.chwkgiqn.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.hpcblhex.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.xtwgqrxt.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.qgiipsoy.320x480-75.jpg

One thing about the FFS program is that it will track targets if you move. The software is capable of bluetooth inputs and tracks wind and atmospheric conditions for you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Moots</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One thing about the FFS program is that it will track targets if you move. The software is capable of bluetooth inputs and tracks wind and atmospheric conditions for you</div></div>

From what I understand, using the iPad in conjunction with a Kestrel, it will do the same thing via Bluetooth when using Ballistic FTE but I could be wrong about that so don't quote me.

you cannot compare apples with pears.... FFS has much more and interesting tools....... targeting, loophole, target coordinates acquisition, offset, ecc ecc the better algorithm I've ever seen.... I've calculated the BC of a custom bullet for a .408 and I've shoot with the calculated BC till 1900 meters with a perfect dope...... so no several bullets to find the correct elevation...first round on target....

but I agree with other people in the forum.... for the most part of the shooters population... JBM online is the better choice, and is free....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh, and by the way, the Field Firing Solutions is $395 and from what I've seen via video and images, it and the <span style="font-style: italic">JBM Ballistic: Field Tactical Edition</span> has pretty much the same input options. The price of the <span style="font-style: italic">Field Firing Solutions</span> also doesn't take into account that you <span style="font-style: italic">must</span> have a PDA that accepts an SD card because that's what the program is installed on. That being said, when you add up the cost of a decent PDA and the program, the Ballistic FTE is much more attractive.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 14pt">Field Firing Solutions - $395</span></span>

Main-QuickStart.gif

Presets-QuickStart.gif

Elev%20Typ.gif

<a href="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ballistic-field-tactical-edition/id303254296?mt=8" rel="nofollow" target="_blank"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 14pt">JBM Ballistic: Field Tactical Edition - $19.99</span></span>
</a>
mzl.yhsexcch.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.chwkgiqn.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.hpcblhex.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.xtwgqrxt.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.qgiipsoy.320x480-75.jpg
</div></div>

It keeps coming up as an "I believe" or a "I think" so the facts are Iphone and or the Ipad CAN NOT connect to the kestrel to automatically update the atmospherics into any of the ballistic programs/apps out there. This is due to any device connecting to an apple product having to have an Apple approved Bluetooth module. It is a hardware issue not a software issue. I’m sure if enough people request Kestrel to use an Apple approved Bluetooth module in their kestrels they may start producing these. I will start a poll in as a new topic to see if there is enough interest and if so I will push for Kestrel to produce these devices using the poll as a reference.
Here is a link to the poll:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3372307#Post3372307

I have just purchased the FFS and will receive it early this week.

FFS is by far the most comprehensive program out ther at the moment. One thing they have going for them is the continuing research and updating of there software.

It takes into consideration Latts and Longs (coriolos), bullet path direction, burn rates, possible scope error and more.

Once I receive it and my Nomad I will have to dedicate some time to see exactly how well it works.

I think the obvious major consideration would have to be the cost of set up but also understanding of different variables and desired maximum cable distance of your weapons system.

Just my 2cents.

I'm with Davide in that there are sevel cheaper ballistic programs that will get you on target but if you want a program that has all you need and more FFS is the best in my oppenion. It is a feature rich program that I have been using foe over a year now and is my go to program for anything past 600 if I want dope for first round hits.

ok what is a kestel? I am new at all of this. Are you saying FFS can connect to a scope? Or does it have a mounting device to the scope/rifle?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Godbullet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok what is a kestel? I am new at all of this. Are you saying FFS can connect to a scope? Or does it have a mounting device to the scope/rifle?
</div></div>

http://www.kestrelmeters.com/

slideshow_1.jpg

I think this is one area for me where I will start out with a lower cost item, and use it until I reach its limits. I am new at long range, so once my rifle is done, I will have enough to work on getting rifle, scope and ammo on target at 1000 before moving out to farther distances. If I get everything else squared away, and move to 1750 and am inconsistently making hits, I may move to the more expensive software in hopes it might provide some benefit.

Now, like I mentioned, this is new to me, so if you think I am way off (all you long time LR shooters) please chime in and set me straight. I figured my money is better spent on a great rifle and scope, and then work out my ammo. Saving the upgraded ballistics software for after those.

One other very powerful option is ColdBore 1.0 from Patagonia Ballistics.
It's way less expensive than Field Firing Solution (FFS) and for less than half the money you can get both, the PDA and the PC version.

FFS is only for PDA, that's it.

CB1 has more features than FFS and <span style="font-weight: bold">Desktop & Mobile</span> at less than half the price.

14uao3d.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: saccunari</div><div class="ubbcode-body">de una sega quante ne sai.... </div></div>

ci vuole poco....a saperne piu' di te....

FFS is the best field device out there. Take the time and do ALL the up front work and verify everything. On extreme range shots the slightest error in your settings or input will result in a miss. It will take you a couple weeks (at least) to figure out everything and verify all the varables

I have seen the iPhone apps go to hell after 1500m,

During the Gunsite Class, I was trending alongside FFS with Bulletflight, as well another student was doing the same thing. We both noticed at everything appeared to be very close, output data wise, but then after 1500m, BulletFlight with the iPhone started to be 1 Mil Off on both iPhones. We couldn't figure out what changed, except the range and it threw the program off. Two separate guys running updated phones and the results were the same.

I use "APPS" for casual shooting and checking data, facts, etc, but when I am shooting on my dime I use a NOMAD with Field Firing Solution and ColdBore on it. The dedicated system with integration to my Kestrel, Laser and GPS really works as well the data has always performed for my out to 2000m flawlessly.

very good.....I hope to join asap your range with my .375 ..

anyone compared 'shooter' with ffs? because 'shooter' can directly work with a kestrel over bluetooth, which bulletflight does not seem to be capable off.

while i did find http://snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2874622 , it does not address the point about compatibility with kestrel/bluetooth

edit: just found that bulletflight (the full version) can also deal with kestrels via bluetooth. hrm ... but the price is about twice as much as 'shooter'

gee opening my personal goal up is going to paint a target on me for forum blasting. That said, I want a program which I can use to help me shoot a group at 1.75 miles on a point target. It would be nice if I could make an IR laser However the difference between a 1.5 mile point group and a 1.75 group is a world away. This is going to be on a special high altitude (10,400 ft) range which is largely shielded from wind by an even higher ridge which is next to it. Under these ideal and known conditions I want to try to make a group as far as 1.75 mile someday.

Frank wrote " I have seen the iPhone apps go to hell after 1500m"

so, for your goal FFS is the way to go......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Godbullet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">gee opening my personal goal up is going to paint a target on me for forum blasting. That said, I want a program which I can use to help me shoot a group at 1.75 miles on a point target. It would be nice if I could make an IR laser However the difference between a 1.5 mile point group and a 1.75 group is a world away. This is going to be on a special high altitude (10,400 ft) range which is largely shielded from wind by an even higher ridge which is next to it. Under these ideal and known conditions I want to try to make a group as far as 1.75 mile someday.</div></div>

The Kestrel integration is not the key, it's nice to have but not the key.

The integration of the laser range finder is not the key, it's nice to have and helps streamline the process, but it's not key.

The same with the GPS, although designating targets and being able to recall them is good, it's not key.

What makes Patagona ColdBore and FFS better is the ballistic engine. Unlike the Apps it's not a point mass solver which in my opinion is touchy when it comes to working the data. The Apps are very drag profile dependent and can very at distance to a greater degree because of Point Mass.

FFS and ColdBore don't use point mass, they handle the curves in a different manner and they are not as dependent on the drag profile. A solution in theses programs using G1 have proven to be more accurate at longer distances than any App using G7.

Any program can get a 308 on paper at 1000 yards with the first round. Nothing special there, but when you cross that threshold and go beyond, the point mass limitations begin to show. I have tried it and seen it on several occasions first hand. I tend to run more than one program side by side, as well most people use Apps over dedicated systems and it's easy to see. they fall down, esppecially if they turn on all the features or let the app pick the atmospheric data. They like to pull details from miles away because they only draw data from a few places.

Apps are cheap, Apps are everywhere, and Apps are easy to get, but that is a double edged sword for a lot of shooters.

totally agree.....nothing to say..... sometimes English language is perfect to explain better easy thing..... in Italy there are several persons with this " battle horse "...... with a cheaper programs I'll do the same thing of FFS........ is not true, but is also true the opposite......they are not able to understand the differences...

i'm curious about integrated kestrel anyway ... my feeling is that a kestrel is just 'too' local and is hard pressed to compete with the feeling you have for the entire wind downline ...

hrm. maybe i should get a kestrel and just sit in a field, watch my environment and compare with the reading of the kestrel ...

All wind starts at the shooter, without a baseline to begin you cannot start your down line estimate to any degree of accuracy. Especially if you don't practice.

Plus the kestrel is not just for the wind, but for the atmospheric data like Barometric Pressure, Temp, etc. When an IPhone gives the "app" weather information it can pull that information from as far as 100 miles away depending where you are shooting. It Comes from select locations like Airports, if you don't shoot near the airport what good is the data from the airport.

So true Lowlight so true!!

so is your recommendation to get Coldbore 1.0 with a Kestel? If so, which model kestel would you recommend for maximum efficiency? do I have to go with the 4500 or could I get a less sophistocated model?

I'm a .308 shooter. A few times a year I get to compete out to 1000 yards. Is there an advantage to any of these over a Kestral and FDAC cards? Keeping in mind that I'm not likely to spend the coin on a Nomad PDA and the high end software.

I keep thinking about getting an ipad touch and downloading one/some of these apps. Then I start to wonder if it would just be a distraction from working on the fundamentals if the FDAC is getting me hits? (Not that my hit rate is 100%, but the misses are not from bad data.)

I also wonder if these programs are as fast as the more simple route of using the Kestral/FDAC cards?

The Kestel has a fan on it. I assume that it can only measure the wind where you have it set up. This means it is limited for longer shots down range. Or does the Coldbore 1.0 have some sort of windage stack based on doppler radar, GPS, or some sort of mass weather plot? Kestel sounds good and all but if all it can do is plot the wind where I am at it will do me little good. The wind inside of 200 yards has little effect on the round. In fact, with a .416 barrett or a .408 cheytac would be affected very little inside of 300-400 yards due to their incredible muzzle velocity. Then again, I have never fired either of these cartridges so I can't be certain. I do however find little use in plotting the wind at my position with a $800 to $1700 machine when what matters more is the wind downrange.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Godbullet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Kestel has a fan on it. I assume that it can only measure the wind where you have it set up. This means it is limited for longer shots down range. Or does the Coldbore 1.0 have some sort of windage stack based on doppler radar, GPS, or some sort of mass weather plot? Kestel sounds good and all but if all it can do is plot the wind where I am at it will do me little good. The wind inside of 200 yards has little effect on the round. In fact, with a .416 barrett or a .408 cheytac would be affected very little inside of 300-400 yards due to their incredible muzzle velocity. Then again, I have never fired either of these cartridges so I can't be certain. I do however find little use in plotting the wind at my position with a $800 to $1700 machine when what matters more is the wind downrange.</div></div>

You do realize that you are in the company of former, retired, and present military and SWAT snipers, right? No, I am not referring to myself but Lowlight and NOMAD, amongst many others on this forum. I realize you are new here so I just felt it pertinent to let you know the caliber of guys we have on here. If they tell you the wind at your muzzle matters every bit as much as the wind downrange, you can take it as a fact because they've been there and done that.

The Kestrel is used for several things but don't take my word for it, see for yourself.

http://www.kestrelmeters.com/collections/kestrel-military-shooting-meters

Killshot I am not disrespecting either Nomad or Lowlight. I was asking if the kestel can only plot wind at or near my position and not downrange. If so, then I the shooter am still going to have to estimate my windage downrange. If all the kestel can do over a PDA is plot wind at my position then I don't see the purpose in spending the money on it over a PDA with the Coldbore 1.0 (btw lowlight I read up on the coldbore and it sounds like exactly what I am looking for to compliment my own estimations for taking a shot) No matter how expensive or sophistocated my toys are there is no substitute for actually working out what I am up against myself. Too many people are looking for a more or less turn-key electronic spotter or worse a turn-key shot. There is no substitute. That is why I wonder why spend the money on a kestel if a PDA will run the same program and I will simply have to estimate the windage myself both down range and at my position in lieu of plotting the wind where I am taking the shot.
And FYI Killshot, I am a former US Marine who was in bootcamp less than a month after 9/11/2001. During my 4 years I was in Iraq in 2004 and before that I was doing counter-terrorist operations in the Phillippines in '03. I shot expert all 4 times during my 4 years and I've seen Scout Snipers shoot marksman. Yes, long range shots are not something I am too familiar with but I know my way around a rifle out to 500 yards without a scope. I doubt very much that many people can qualify expert in the Marines with an M16 A2 (later A4) and hit the E-Mod (human outline) 9 out of 10 times at 500 yards. Despite this, I know I have much to learn and that is why I am asking questions about things I don't know much about. If you are not willing to help answer my questions opting instead to defend forum leaders from falsely percieved arrows from me in hopes of garnering their favor, I'll thank you not to post on threads that I start sir. I joined this forum to replace my ignorance with knowledge. What I didn't do is join to start some drama by arguing about matters of opinion from experts on topics I know little about. Thank you.
smile.gif

No disrespect to you Godbullet but you don't know the first thing about doping the wind.

I'm not gonna educate you on it here, or the use of a kestrel, but if you don't know the wind at the shooter to within 1 MPH or better you are not "estimating" it down range without years, and years of practice. All you know it is blowing.

All wind "estimates" begin at the shooter, and once the bullet, any bullet leaves the barrel it is effected by the wind. The milli-second it starts off course, it stays off course, and all ballistic programs work off the wind velocity you give it. The more accurate the velocity, especially at the shooter, or computer, the more accurate the prediction.

Ps, I am a 5th award expert, my average of those 243.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sled</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a .308 shooter. A few times a year I get to compete out to 1000 yards. Is there an advantage to any of these over a Kestral and FDAC cards? Keeping in mind that I'm not likely to spend the coin on a Nomad PDA and the high end software.

I keep thinking about getting an ipad touch and downloading one/some of these apps. Then I start to wonder if it would just be a distraction from working on the fundamentals if the FDAC is getting me hits? (Not that my hit rate is 100%, but the misses are not from bad data.)

I also wonder if these programs are as fast as the more simple route of using the Kestral/FDAC cards? </div></div>

With CB1 you can do the same thing as with FDAC and even better.

Let me explain why.

Here is some info. from CB1.0 user manual:

<span style="font-size: 14pt">Complete custom solutions for the <span style="text-decoration: underline">user's loads</span> can be created in seconds.</span>

34zb0bk.jpg

Here is a look at a customized table for a 338-300 RUM:

Note that the DA SOLUTION tab is being used.

2jcg55e.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"> Then by using the buttons on top you can either have it exported on Excel to edit and leave only the info you want or export it to PDF format.

And the software pays for itself... </span>

Eaglet - are you using the desktop version to create data cards, or do you use the mobile version also?

I'm wondering about the speed for match conditions. For general range shooting, where time is no constrained, I'm sure this software is better. Actually, either way I'm sure it's more accurate.

Any recommendations for a low end PDA to run this software?

Thanks.

DA Cards adjust on the fly... you use one card based off your bullet. Then as conditions change you use the appropriate column ---> same as the FDAC, however this as bit more fine tuned to your particular Rifle / Load combination.

The cards you print in ColdBore are really a back up, or primary however you choose to use them. But look at that the columns those are the conditions you choose based on the DA of the location. Trued to your track data, which can be established at your home range.

For a match you have plenty of time to consult your cards. I shot K&M with a rifle that only had 20 rounds through it, <span style="font-style: italic">(actually pulled a brand new barreled action of out a fixed stock 3 day before leaving, stuck it in a chassis and drove on down the road. )</span> zeroed at an Indoor Range at 100 yards here in CO then hopped on a plane the next day. I traveled to FLA and only used a printed card the entire match... worked perfect.

The scope was calibrated, all 20 shots prior were through a chronograph and I made sure the zero conditions were correct. After that I just changed the conditions for Florida, printed the card, dropped it in some lamination and off I went. The load was actually from a different rifle, still no worries.

No love for Android devices? I use Strelok Ballistic Calculator. It's available for free in the Play Store (stupid new name for the Android Market...). It uses the G1 drag model. I can not provide any personal evidence yet for its accuracy but ease of use is great including multiple rifles, multiple rounds, slope effect and a nice large graphical reticle library. It has many outputs beyond just scope adjustment. Last but not least the software is being continually updated as well with fixes and enhancements.

I have no connection to the company nor product.

What I do today is copy the FDAC data to individual, smaller range cards that I can laminate and hang on my scope during a match. I check the DA from time to time during the day and change cards if needed.

The advantage of the software that I see for me - I could create my same smaller range cards but they would (hopefully) be more accurate for my rifle/load. The cost advantage would be that I would not need to keep buying different FDAC cards (Impact now has databook pages for more loads) each time I change what bullet I'm loading or change caliber.

Maybe having the desktop version would convince me a I need the mobile version. But for me personally, I don't see myself messing with a PDA during a match. I'd prefer to have my cards printed and use them. If I load the software to a laptop, I could maybe see taking that to the range to mess with the numbers and check the results right there.

Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sled</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eaglet - <span style="font-weight: bold">are you using the desktop version to create data cards</span>, or do you use the mobile version also?

I'm wondering about the speed for match conditions. For general range shooting, where time is no constrained, I'm sure this software is better. Actually, either way I'm sure it's more accurate.

Any recommendations for a low end PDA to run this software?

Thanks. </div></div>

Sled, I use the desktop for that and wayyyy more. As Lowlight said, I use them as backup, and they're definitely a great back
up. Life would be dull without my desktop application. It does so much for me; compering loads, seeing the graphs, and after all the hard work :) it talks to my pda and sends all my loads to it.
I don't believe speed is an issue with the pda, I don't see my self using the cards when I can use my pda and have so much power in my hand for whatever changes I need in the field.
I have both, the pda version and desktop version. If I would only have one, it'd be the PDA, though I'd be very upset without the desktop version.

The PDA version will run on Windows 2003, Windows 5.0 and Windows 6.0 right off the top of my head. I believe you would have to have the 6.0 version to be able to use the Kestrel 4000 or 4500 with the blue tooth and get atmosphere conditions on the fly.

I have used the Dell Axim X50V and X51V; they can be bought used for not that much. Check on ebay.

Good Shooting!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sled</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What I do today is copy the FDAC data to individual, smaller range cards that I can laminate and hang on my scope during a match. I check the DA from time to time during the day and change cards if needed.

The advantage of the software that I see for me - I could create my same smaller range cards but they would (hopefully) be more accurate for my rifle/load. The cost advantage would be that I would not need to keep buying different FDAC cards (Impact now has databook pages for more loads) each time I change what bullet I'm loading or change caliber.

Maybe having the desktop version would convince me a I need the mobile version. But for me personally, I don't see myself messing with a PDA during a match. I'd prefer to have my cards printed and use them. If I load the software to a laptop, I could maybe see taking that to the range to mess with the numbers and check the results right there.

Thanks. </div></div>

I read what you're saying!

I have to say that I WILL NOT go on a hunt without my PDA and
the backup cards.

Last year a young man that I taught to reload for long
range work with his 300 RUM, took an Elk at 950 yards that was
constantly moving. I was spotting for him and running the PDA,
we had no problems to put him in the freezer.
grin.gif
smirk.gif

No more tables for me. I'm using my Sightron MOA-2 reticle with Strelok+. I can easily use the hashmarks at any magnification now despite the fact that the scope is SFP (which I prefer). Been waiting a long time for this
smile.gif

reticle.jpg

OK, I checked out the prices on those Dell Axim used. They are certainly in the price range I'd consider spending.

Anything besides the operating system and memory that I need to look for on these when I buy one?

Thanks.

Any iOS users running iSnipe? I've been using it for a while and found it to be pretty darn accurate. It's got a really nice interface and has some slick features. I don't recall how much it was...I got it a while ago. They've been good with updates too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sled</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK, I checked out the prices on those Dell Axim used. They are certainly in the price range I'd consider spending.

Anything besides the operating system and memory that I need to look for on these when I buy one?

Thanks. </div></div>

Only what I mentioned before. Windows 6.0 would be great, otherwise I would just get Windows 5.0

The Dell Axim uses two types of memory, one is the compact
flash memory card and the other is the SD memory Card.
An inexpensive card of at least 512 megabytes would do so when you have installed the application you backup the whole PDA onto the memory card and if anything ever goes wrong you can just restore the backup and no problems. This is true when doing it in the same PDA that you originally installed it in.