• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ballistic Software Error ?

GOING FOR 2000

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2009
CA. ,ElDorado county.
I needed to upgrade my software to a windows based, so I purchased the Perry Systems Ballistic software to get the packaged program for my PC and handheld PDA.

When running the spin drift calculation, I have an error that I don't understand. When entering the following data, 978 yds.--.8 mils, the readout on my computer will be .8 mils but on my PDA it will read .08 mils for that range.

Why is there a '0' being inserted after the decimal point on the PDA but not on the PC for all ranges from 0 to 2000 yards?

The .08 mils readout is wrong field confirmed.

Re: Ballistic Software Error ?

a good iphone ballistics app is avaliable foe 20.00, its called ballistic field tactical I beleive

Re: Ballistic Software Error ?

Pretty sure in ExBal you have to shoot to determine the drift value for your rifle... they don't give you some arbitrary flat rate number. So the drift is part spin and shooter, because shooter drift is greater anyways.

I would just turn the drift off and move on down the road.