• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Ballistic Table for South African R1M1 147gr 7.62

762Fundi

Private
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2006
Does anyone know where I can find a ballistic table for the South African R1M1 147gr 7.62???

The last I chrono'd I believe it was at 2760 fps.

Thanks

Re: Ballistic Table for South African R1M1 147gr 7.62

If you have the BC, velocity, temp and altitude you can plug it into the IPod touch/
IPhone APP.

Re: Ballistic Table for South African R1M1 147gr 7

How do I get the BC and which APP? From what I understand there are several APPs is there a better one?

I'm searching and finding stuff thanks

You might be able to find a surrogate for that SA bullet that has data published.

The 147gr 7.62mm NATO bullet has a sectional density of 0.221.

The Hornady 150 FMJBT is .226

Remember to adjust your Chrony data for distance from the muzzle.

Thanks for the help!

you could also use JLM site to run the numbers. by the way, what gun you runnin these thru and does anyone know what powder type/ make is used in these as i also have a good number of this stuff layin around?

I do believe the BC of that bullet is 0.42. I found it a long time again on a random internet search, and that is what I have been using.

I'm shooting a FN-FAL 50.64 with 21 in bbl. I have an Aimpoint M2 on it and am trying to figure out a ballistic table to decide on Zero and create a starter Ballisticard until I can confirm offsets.

Re: Ballistic Table for South African R1M1 147gr 7.62

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762Fundi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know where I can find a ballistic table for the South African R1M1 147gr 7.62???

The last I chrono'd I believe it was at 2760 fps.

Thanks </div></div>

Is it Pretoria Metal Pressings (PMP) made?

I might be able to find some tested dropdata for it, tried it years ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762Fundi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm shooting a FN-FAL 50.64 with 21 in bbl. I have an Aimpoint M2 on it and am trying to figure out a ballistic table to decide on Zero and create a starter Ballisticard until I can confirm offsets.</div></div>

I've been shooting the same out of my Springfield Armory SOCOM 16. I battle zero at 25 yards and get a repeat zero (confirmed) at 260yds +/-. I too am using BulletFlight2 and an ACOG TA33 calibrated for 7.62x51. PM me for more specifics.