• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ballistic trauma

CABG

Private
Minuteman
Aug 2, 2005
I'm a third year in medical school and wrote up a powerpoint presentation on ballistic trauma. I thought I'd put it up on here if anyone is interested. There isn't too much medical jargon, so it should be understandable for anyone.

Click here.

Re: Ballistic trauma

Well done. Are studying at Vandy? Two questions:

Plumbism = lead poisoning?

Did the guy with the shotgun wound to the face survive. That was a mess.

Thanks.

Very well done! Much obliged to you for sharing your work!

For Goldie...yes, Plumbism is lead poisoning.

That would make a great safety reminder as well.

Very well presented.

Brain nice presentation, we have a local neuro surgeon Dr. Paul Maurer who does a presentation on terminal ballistics his work is also very insightful. Look into Dr. Marty <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">Fackler’s</span></span> work on the subject.

Edit: For my 6th grade spelling teacher Mr. RedRyder spell check correction....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well done. Are studying at Vandy? Two questions:

Plumbism = lead poisoning?

Did the guy with the shotgun wound to the face survive. That was a mess.

Thanks.</div></div>

As was answered by ORD, plumbism does mean lead poisoning. I'm not sure about the person with the shotgun wound. I do know it was a suicide attempt though.

Jaeger, I will look up their work. Thanks for the heads up.

That shotgun injury looks very familiar - was that by chance from another med school (or perhaps that injury is so frequent we've all seen one in ER rotations)?

Nice job covering the basics.

"Look into Dr. Marty Falcker’s work on the subject."

That would be Martin <span style="font-weight: bold">F<span style="text-decoration: underline">ackler</span> </span> <span style="font-weight: bold"> </span>