• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ballistics app?

Have both AB on my kestrel and iPhone. Very accurate ballistics program. I am not sure if you can pair the Kestrel Bluetooth model to the iPhone yet. I run the G7 curve models. They have the option to use G1 as well

I use G7 at home and validate in the field. I like that you can validate BC, and all of the information is stored on their server.

gseven - Ballistic Program

On my Iphone I have Ballistic AE, I use this if I need a down and dirty calc on the spot. I also like the mildot ranging feature.

I have Ballistics AE and Shooter on my Iphone/Ipad But now that Applied Ballistics is available for ios I will probably switch when all the bugs are worked out.

Applied and Ballistic AE, have the G7 range finder but with my 338 its always off by 2-4 MOA.

Strelok Pro. It includes the ability to do trajectory validation as well as compensating for coriolis effect and spin drift. Works with G1 or G7 BC and has a ton of built in reticles in the latest version. Also can work with a kestrel with Bluetooth.

Shooter. First round hits if I listen to it. I usually misread the wind and miss by what it said I should do.

I've tried and I have BulletFlight, Ballistic AE, and Shooter. IMHO, Shooter and Ballistic AE are equally accurate, assuming you put in the proper data, but I use Shooter exclusively now because it is a bit easier to use than Ballistic AE. Shooter allows you to save the information of each rifle separately from the information for each bullet/load combo. With Ballistic AE you save a profile for each rifle/load combo, which works but I like the way Shooter does things a little better. I think BulletFlight is the easiest to use, but the one thing that Shooter and Ballistic AE do that BulletFlight does not is allow you to input the feet per second velocity change per degree of temperature change. For my 308 loads using RE-15, I've chrono'd that variable to be about 1.2 fps of change per degree of temperature change, and that gives me dead on data out to 1000 yards. BulletFlight doesn't do that and I have to calculate that manually and input it into the program, which is a deal killer for me.

So on the ballistics ae app, when I find the projectile I am shooting the bc never does match the advertised bc. Am I the only one having that issue? Do I just need to correct the bc to the manufacturers bc?

Do any of these apps allow you to true the rifle to the app? I use Shooter, but haven't been able to input my actual rifle performance to true it. Do any of these other apps have that option?

Do any of these apps allow you to true the rifle to the app? I use Shooter, but haven't been able to input my actual rifle performance to true it. Do any of these other apps have that option?

Applied Ballistics does.

I use Applied Ballistics Tactical, coupled with the Desktop Analytic Program. This allows you to fine tune your ballistics. Nothing else compares.

Ballistics app?

With Shooter and Ballistic AE you can fine tune your results to fit your rifle by changing the BC in the bullet info. I shoot a 308 and Sierra 175 MKs and shooter gave me dead on predictions out to 900 yds which is as far as my range goes. For BC I used the Brian Litz G7 info preloaded in the app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have a applied ballistics app and quit using ballistic ae for the most part, I do have and love a applied ballistics kestrel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk