• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship Ballistics Calculator

3me

Private
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2010
KC
www.3me.us
I am interested in getting some sort of portable ballistics calculator, but don't know much about them. I think I want something for a Palm Pilot device of some sort, but I don't know anything about them either. I would prefer a color display, but not a deal breaker. This is probably the only application I will ever use on it, so I don't need a top of the line model. I would prefer something that is ruggedized a little, and hopefully could stand a bit of rough handling. Water resistant would be good and I need to be able to read it in sunlight or darkness. Pocket sized would be nice, but it needs to be large enough to read and handle my man-hands. What do you suggest for a device and what software? Thanks.

Re: Ballistics Calculator

Got a I touch? How bout any smart phone. There is at least for the touch and who knows for the smart phones. I have bulletflight for I touch from KAC.

I too have ITouch and use Bulletflight. Also installed is Ballstic FTE and they bot work well. FTE has more options but is a bit more complex to operate. Bulleteflight if I had to pick one for the ITouch would be it. Now I have a Blackberry and need to look for something as good. From what I hear though not much for Blackberry.

By the way this topic has been covered alot. I know this is your fist post so make sure to use this Snipers Hide Google Search before asking questions.

Welcome to the Hide.
-Aaron

If you have an iPhone or iPad, do a search on the App Store for the word "ballistic" and you'll find about a dozen different ballistic programs, including those that have already been mentioned.

isnipe for iphone and itouch works great!! it has a new upgrade for spin drift and evitos(sp?)/corioulous effect has tons of factory loads and you can load custom loads also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kilo7788</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got a I touch? How bout any smart phone. There is at least for the touch and who knows for the smart phones. I have bulletflight for I touch from KAC. </div></div>

Same here

To the op you have 3 ways for a ballistic program.

Android phone------shooter

I-phone / I-pod touch-----ballistic fte

Pda------exbal

I have them all with my favorite being shooter for my android phone. It works really really well and since I am already carrying my phone with me I dont have to another ballistic calculator with me.

Mac

3me, I use a pda w/ ATRAG, at times it is dead on, very easy to operate. I've got 5 guns on my program. I've shot from 100 yards to 2000 w/ the program I have, conditions in - adjustments out... check it out.

5.11 HRT or Field Ops Watch...
- Rugged
- Waterproof
- Battery will last for years
- Just as accurate as others
- Lighter / smaller than a PDA
- Interface is reasonably easy to use with a little practice

It may not have some of the bells and whistles as some of the others out there, but I've been quite happy with mine for the last 3-4 years.

--Rootshot

I just looked and found three different levels of Bulletflight. Which would you recommend for the average guy that is not mil / leo and just wants to put lead on steel from a distance? I won't be shooting anything special either, just .223 and .308 and maybe .30-06.

The three levels range in price from $4 to $30

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anything app wise for a blackberry tour </div></div>
It has mobile java?

This should work (not available quite yet tho), works in Nokia phones as well:
www.vikingballistics.com

Shooter is a great program written by a member of the Hide.
$10.00 for the program from the Android Market.

The Motorola "Defy" is an IP67 (harsh use and water resistant) phone that is only carried by T-Mobile IIRC.
It can be ordered without a contract from places like this:
Defy
I would love to have a Defy, but I really like my carrier (Verizon) and the Defy is not compatible.
If the cost does not scare you, it will work fine even without having a cell contract on it.

I downloaded 2 different apps for my HTC desire. 1 is strelok and the other I forgot, but I have never messed with any of these and got to figure out what all the entries are for! I'm gonna have to search for all this stuff unless somebody can help me out on what data I need to have to make this useful. New world!

I use the Bullet Flight Military 3.0 Version in my ipod, it works very well with my 338LM it’s capable of multiple units, extremely fast and accurate. Note; like anything else, it’s only as good as what info you put into it.