• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ballistics of 30-375 Ruger

pc3

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 26, 2008
Australia
I remeber seein ga rifle in this round built on a suregon action.

where does this round sit in comparison to the various other .30 cal's around ? What speeds would you get with 210 Bergers ?

Re: Ballistics of 30-375 Ruger

I wonder how this performs in comparison with the .300 Norma wildcat Thye would both be near identical I would think !

pc3,

My version of the 30-375R has the shoulder set back about .10" so the regular version would have a 2-3 grains more powder capacity than a 300 Weatherby case.Just guessing at around 84-85 grains of H-1000 behind a 210.I think out of a long barrel you could expect 3025-3075 fps with 210's.The best thing I like about this case is that it seems like a very efficient design,very accurate!.The other thing is the cost of the brass.Only $43 for fifty and always available.I've had some cases that have been fired 15 or so firings and the primer pockets are still tight.Some of them have been pretty warm loads too.

Just guessing again

I think the 338 Norma case necked down to 30 cal would hold another 7-8 grains of powder over the 30-375R and getting up there a little above 3100 fps.Only downsides are a little less barrel life and price of brass/availability.

Berger bullets is supposed to come out with a 230 grain 30 cal VLD bullet this year.Hopefully the BC will be .720 or so.

Steve

Thanks folks,

I am having a .338 Norma Mag built in a Long Rnage Platform, and am considering a .30 cal built in a hunting rig around .300 win mag performance give or take. Barrel will be 26". Bullet of choice will be either 210 bergers or the new 230 bergers people are talking about. .300 winnie seems very practical and easy and thats one reason why thats the fornt runner at the moment. But I understand there are better cases out there. I suppose these problems are worse on the internet than when your actually hunting pigs etc.
laugh.gif