• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BallisticsARC app?

Bignic83

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2014
Anyone using this? Came highly recommended by Rifles Only down here in Texas. Uses google map overlay. Also has a wind meter that attaches to your iPhone. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

FYI, just getting into the Long Range game, so be easy on me LOL

Just bought this a few weeks ago. For the price, I'm very impressed. Make sure and read the manual online for determining wind direction. Phone must be pointed a certain direction in relation to the wind or your wind calls will be off. The dope it spits out seems to be spot on for me.

The app works great. I used it for the longest time and had good results. The app has some cool features and for the price you can't beat it. I eventually stopped using it and picked up a Kestrel just because I didn't want to rely on my phone. I am selling he weather meter that is used with the BallisticsARC app if anyone is interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had it on my phone for a while, but have been using Ballistics AE and Strelok mostly. Well, I decided to give it a whirl and I'll be damned if I don't like it better for use in the field. I find it streamlined, and quicker to use, especially since I've switched to shooting DA. The GPS range option is nice if you're at a new range, but not required to run the app. The truing feature is also great and easy to use.

I really like mine. I got into the beta group because my cousin knows the guy so Ive had a few words exchanged and all that. Joes a cool guy and most importantly he takes suggestions seriously so leave him some feedback. The free version is great for the calculator but if you want to build your ranges through the mapping feature youll have to pony up. The mapping is what sets this apart from others. Its basically just a JBM calculator dressed up real pretty.

I started using the paid version of Ballistics ARC on iPhone 6. Recently, I switched phone service and purchased an Android phone. The Geoballistic folks helped me to move my paid subscription from iOS to Android flawlessly. Their customer service is top notch!

I bought it a couple days (I rarely buy apps!) and used it yesterday on the range.
I set up a range and the data it gave was spot on.
Very handy app!

In this pic I put the wrong date, should have been 3/17/17!
I also added in range distances on the upper right photo. It would be handy to be able to name targets IMO.

JP_500yrds_4-17-17_zpsnw5t7d22.jpg

That looks like an awesome app. I currently use SHOOTER and love that app, but I may have to check into Ballistics Arc.

I've had the app for 5 months now and love it. I never grono'd my rifle just put in a velocity close to what I researched and what Hornady data book for my hand loads would be. I set up to a target at 515 "big rock" on a hill, and put in the dope it gave me. I hit high, dialed down till I hit it. I went from 4.3 to 3.8 mils. then I ran the velocity correction and it put me at 2940 and ran a chart out to 800 yards and everything was dead on! Now I tried the velocity correction once before at a 300 yard target and it didn't work...show velocity at like 1100fps worked at 515 for my 16" AR .223 so when they say you need distance for this to work they mean it. Just last week I got in the Weather Meter. Really like it and it works great. Temp takes a little time to adjust to the actual but get some air moving through the vents and it will match up fine. As soon as I get a scope in for the Creedmoor I'll take it to 800 and see how the velocity correction works with it.

I had read that but for some reason don't get it.
If the app calls for 10 MOA at 500 yards but it's actually 10.2 MOA, is that the number you enter into the elevation box?

Yes sir. Put 500 in the range box, 10.2 in the elevation box. Hit calculate and it will give you a velocity. Then hit use. That velocity will now be used for your dope chart.
Rifles only website has a youtube video showing this as well.

The app works great, the only problem is when there are multiple wind meters in the same area it's hard to update your info without getting out of their bluetooth range.

Stupid Question does the app only work with cell service? There are a lot of places in Wyoming and Montana that i'm at that have zero cell service.

No cell service needed. A buddy won the first PRS match of the year running it with his phone on airplane mode. I've had the bluetooth weather meter and app for 6-8 months, but didn't use it until recently. I've gone completely to it now that I have shot quite a bit with BallisticARC and checked it against my tried and true Kestrel a couple times. Target mode is awesome.

The app works great. I used it for the longest time and had good results. The app has some cool features and for the price you can't beat it. I eventually stopped using it and picked up a Kestrel just because I didn't want to rely on my phone. I am selling he weather meter that is used with the BallisticsARC app if anyone is interested.

Pm sent

Agree. It is my goto. The new Target Mode allows you to create a easily accessible list of targets, yardages and elevation & windage that are responsive to any changes in weather data you may input as conditions change. Also the el & windage accomodates a change in rifle too.

I do love the app...and the company is super responsive to emails and question. At 14.99 its a steal...i got the wind meter for $65 at Brownells with LE/Mil discount....that a lot of capability for 1/10 the cost of a Kestrel with AB.

When you say "Target Mode" are talking about using the map in "comp mode" and dropping target pins? I am not tracking a "target mode" screen.

Thx
ZY

I have the app and have set up my loads. Hoping the weather meter will get here before my next range trip. After reading others success with it I'm rather confident it will help. Also see strelok pro has connection capability to the weather meter so rather curious to see how differently they line up in predictions.

I have the app and love it. My weather station will be here tomorrow. Cant wait to use both together.