• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BallisticsARC

Undrgrndprdcts

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
Can anybody say whether they use the free or premium version of BallisticsARC and what the difference is? Also do you use their meter for data? Thinking about trying this setup.

I've been using the paid version. I forget the differences between free and paid. I will say this is the 3rd app I have ever bought in my lifetime and I like it.

It's very handy to mark your targets then mark the shooting position. Then click on the target in the app and it gives your your dope, after you have set up your rifle and ammo.
I also use their weather meter.
Overall for $100 for app and meter it works very well.

Here's a photo of a range that I photoshopped the distances in for reference. It shows the dope for the 505 yard target.
k4lorKj.jpg

I've been using the paid version for over a year and it's great. The firing solutions have put me on target from 200 yards out to 1000. I really like it's ability to range find. Here's a screenshot of one of my favorite ranges.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170705-074551.png
    Screenshot_20170705-074551.png
    26 KB · Views: 23
The free offers the jbm calculator to you but to get the full functionality (creating ranges, placing target pins etc) of the mapping you have to pay.

I use it and like it.

Thanks for the input. For what I do it seems like a plausible solution. Haven't really heard much negative on it.

Thanks for the input. For what I do it seems like a plausible solution. Haven't really heard much negative on it.

It just works.
I do wish that it had some of the stuff that other apps have like the reticles where it shows what the subtensions would equate to in yards etc, just nofty features, but at the same time those other apps dont have the satellite built into it.

been using the paid version for a bit and have no complaints whatsoever.....liked it enough that i bought the weather meter which is a no-brainer for the price(for example: if you shoot at an area with no cell service. traditional apps use the local weather station information which may or may not be accurate to your particular area. the bluetooth meter obviously doesnt care and pulls in data from your snapshot in time)

the program is as accurate as anything else ive used(trasol,shooter, Coldbore) the program is just doing the math, but its the ease of use which is the selling point for me.. i use/used it at matches and the dope was spot on to 1200. but as with any program, it will give you an answer good or bad. you give them bad info they will give you garbage back. BA simplifies things and can limit human error

the app showed its value at matches when morning temps were cool to the afternoon when it got hot and humid, used the bluetooth meter to pull in the correct DA and dope was balls on. the DA changed significantly and the speed and ease of the program are perfect for what i use it for.

i never post or comment much on topics, but this one is worth it.
the simplicity is a main point for me. i just need data, not cool bells and whistles. Ballistics Arc is the only program i use. and if you shoot matches its highly recommended.

Last edited:
So, BA can do multiple targets? I have the paid app and wind meter but haven't used it yet. Still trying to figure it out.

Used the meter and free version today and gave me accurate solutions to 1200. Easy to true up and great for varying conditions. Satisfied with the setup so far.

So, BA can do multiple targets? I have the paid app and wind meter but haven't used it yet. Still trying to figure it out.

In the bottom right hand corner next to "Menu" there is a tab called "Chart", hit "Chart" and itll give you the option of "Map", hit "Map" and itll give the option of "Comp." Comp is where you can range multiple targets.

I have been using the paid version with their weather meter for my .223 and 6.5CM. I shoot 2 different loads for the .223 and 4 for the 6.5CM. The software has been on point for all of them

Last edited:
Have any of you adapted the meter to a weather vane to accurately follow wind direction?

The wind and weather input is not live. You take a reading then it stores the data.

If you're in a area where there is no reception/cell signal, the map function will not work.

Also, the moa/mil setting applies to all loads, you need to change it if you switch from a rifle with moa reticle to another rifle with mil reticle. I wish the moa/mil can set up for individual load

I was gonna ask if the map worked with no cell service. Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't see anywhere to true the turrets (if needed). Does it deal with station pressure automatically? It's not like the Kestrel where you enter 0 for elevation etc...