• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ballistol

SQUATCH

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2010
In a Cave
Just wondering if anyone on here uses Ballistol for cleaning their firearms or even around the household. For those that have not used it give it shot and see what you think. For those that have used it what is your thoughts?
Ballistol website

SB was totally dead and not sure why this popped in my head.

Re: Ballistol

Don't use it here (yet?) but the first thing thought of when I saw this thread is that tall jar of blue stuff on the Barber's bench.

smile.gif

I've used it for years on all types of things - firearms included. Had some Blackpowder shooters turn me on to it 15 years ago. It works great for routine clean-ups, quick/field type stuff, running a patch down the barrel, etc. It isn't the best with regard to heavy-duty rust protection though - I prefer other products for that. I don't use it on any of my precision rifles, but more for hunting, plinking or range-gun type of firearms. I'm just more picky about cleaners, lubes etc., for the rifles.

Haha
smile.gif

You wonder about EU products and we import US products
smile.gif

Seriously there is a standing joke about Ballistol and hunters something along the lines (imagine a commercial) that this stuff is useful from weapons care, leather care, wood care, and if your hunting dog has hemorrhoids big B will take care even of that. Around the house where ever you go and for what ever need...big B is there.

It's ok product but certainly not special or as any universal stuff not excellent for every application. Robla is an ok copper/lead remover however i think it contains ammonia so using Patchout,Forrest foam&Co, KG12 etc... is much better. What i've found is also a good oil which is primarily used for cars - Krown. So trust me guys, unless you need to take care of your dog's butt you skip the Ballistol.