• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Ballsy add by Brownells

264win

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 15, 2008
    whidbey island wa.
    This cracked me up. Wondering if they are going to catch some heat for this…

Attachments

• A408C838-1182-4260-B43F-61D2C522024E.png
      A408C838-1182-4260-B43F-61D2C522024E.png
      2 MB · Views: 1,311
    Yeah...I still don't get it. But that's OK. Can't get distracted from the world burning down in all the other threads.

Not inside, just took me a minute. Headed reads "Enjoy Shotgun Nirvana". And Kurt Cobain, lead singer for Nirvana ventilated his cranium with a shotgun...

I'll admit that one took me a second or 2 as well. But yeah, I don't see Cobain's estate being successful at any claim.lawsuit.

They had that one song and then everyone thought they re-invented rock-n-roll. And you can thank them for hairy chicks wearing flannel.
    And the albums Nevermind and In Utero had every producer and some bands trying to sound like Nirvana. Cookie cutter. The very thing Kurt was trying to avoid. But he did not have a problem with proven song structure, like "Something About A Girl." He called that a pop song. But overnight, bands had the tours collapse on them. Happened to Twisted Sister. For a while, Dee Snider was posting up fliers for his wife, who makes costumes.

Bobby Blotzer, the drummer from Ratt, went back to his carpet cleaner rental business to make the mortgage payments.

Rikki Rockett ended up starting his own company custom making drum kits to order.

Bruce Dickinson, the singer from Iron Maiden has a commercial pilot's license and flew for a few different airlines and then co-owned a company in Cardiff, Wales where they outfit planes and also provide transport services. He also flew the rented 767 they used for the "Somewhere Back In Time" tour. And the latest one, he flew a converted 747. And has also been rated on the 777.

David Lee Roth went back to school and became a certified New York City paramedic. (Donates the proceeds from his shifts.)

Sammy Hagar started making tequila and bought a restaurant in Cabo St. Lucas.

All this because of "Smells Like Teen Spirit."

Then, again, thanks to producers, hair metal became formulaic. And they did the same thing to grunge. One time, I was listening to a grunge song and realized that if you cleaned the guitar sound a tiny bit and convinced the singer to NOT sound like he was gargling with pebbles, it would be a Queensryche song.

But I digress. Carry on....

And the albums Nevermind and In Utero had every producer and some bands trying to sound like Nirvana. Cookie cutter. The very thing Kurt was trying to avoid. But he did not have a problem with proven song structure, like "Something About A Girl." He called that a pop song. But overnight, bands had the tours collapse on them. Happened to Twisted Sister. For a while, Dee Snider was posting up fliers for his wife, who makes costumes.

Bobby Blotzer, the drummer from Ratt, went back to his carpet cleaner rental business to make the mortgage payments.

Rikki Rockett ended up starting his own company custom making drum kits to order.

Bruce Dickinson, the singer from Iron Maiden has a commercial pilot's license and flew for a few different airlines and then co-owned a company in Cardiff, Wales where they outfit planes and also provide transport services. He also flew the rented 767 they used for the "Somewhere Back In Time" tour. And the latest one, he flew a converted 747. And has also been rated on the 777.

David Lee Roth went back to school and became a certified New York City paramedic. (Donates the proceeds from his shifts.)

Sammy Hagar started making tequila and bought a restaurant in Cabo St. Lucas.

All this because of "Smells Like Teen Spirit."

Then, again, thanks to producers, hair metal became formulaic. And they did the same thing to grunge. One time, I was listening to a grunge song and realized that if you cleaned the guitar sound a tiny bit and convinced the singer to NOT sound like he was gargling with pebbles, it would be a Queensryche song.

But I digress. Carry on....

I'm glad I just missed grunge.

Oddly enough the bands of my youth (sevendust, mudvayne, static x, etc.) are generally still touring if they're not dead.

Just went to "when we were young" with the wife and kid and watched the punk bands I remember from MTV (they used to actually play music videos). The guys from blink 182, the offspring, and rise against aren't young anymore, but they still put on a high energy concert.

I do enjoy what the Internet has done to help music. There's a ton of bands that are only still doing their thing because of the direct access and cutting out the record labels.

Reactions: Ronws
    Extreme left of field but it reminded me of this song

I'm glad I just missed grunge.

Oddly enough the bands of my youth (sevendust, mudvayne, static x, etc.) are generally still touring if they're not dead.

Just went to "when we were young" with the wife and kid and watched the punk bands I remember from MTV (they used to actually play music videos). The guys from blink 182, the offspring, and rise against aren't young anymore, but they still put on a high energy concert.

I do enjoy what the Internet has done to help music. There's a ton of bands that are only still doing their thing because of the direct access and cutting out the record labels.
    For a while, Tom Delonge would leave the band and do stuff. One time for a few years, he joined up with some engineers and such to pursue finding alien artifacts and reverse-engineering them. Imagine seeing Tom in a business suit. I watched a video of his presentation on it.

But at least we are back to all the small things. See what I did there?:)

Another interesting controversy in the retro video game community was Map 21 of Doom 2. The map is called Nirvana and when it starts the very first thing you see is a shotgun pickup directly in front of you. Also, Doom 2 was released worldwide only a few months after Cobain killed himself. Coincidence?

conspiracy-theory.gif