• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ban on Russian Ammunition

rlsmith1

Legalize Freedom
Minuteman
  • May 1, 2019
    Midwest
    https://tass.com/world/1328535

Saw a couple videos that covered this. However, it appears to only impact those in process for new or pending permits. I have no idea how the import process works. Is a permit issued for an entity (for a period of time) or is it issued each time ammunition is imported? One video said 30%+ of ammo sold in the US is Russian import.

Import permits are renewed every so often. So if this executive order stays in effect, every renewal will be denied.

Goodbye Russian ammo.

@THEIS could probably shed more light on export/import things.

When was the last time commies ran the Russian gov? Last ones ran the Soviet union , so same as those of most former com block countries?More commies running US admin than Russian one that is for sure.

Folks are still upset about the Trump election and blaming Russians for it because DNC promoted the hoax for years many dem voters still believe it true. They probably still believe stuffing the ballot boxes and 'optimizing the results from the Dominion voting machines was just defense from Russian meddling.

Reactions: BCP
    Sure, American Marxist are in charge of US Govt and have been since Obama seeded the govt with them. But that doesn’t mean we should support our adversaries, this is why China is eating our lunch… it’s worse now than it ever has been since, let’s not make it worse by continuing to fund Russian criminals, enough of that is going on here…

not one single reason ammo cannot be produced here in the USA at the same price or eve less per round not having to import it. The price is what made the sales, not the location of manufacture. If they would produce cheap blasting ammo here, no one would have been buying the crap anyway. That "shitty" ammo people think does not matter, is what stops a lot of local ammo companies from gouging more than they already do. It's not the russian ammo you will miss, it's the ammo pricing being realistic. Who wants to shoot 30.06 at 338 Lapua prices. Be ready for it. That said People like myself, who built a rifle based on the 7.62x39 round, are now better off rebarreling to .308. Who would ever pay 308 prices for x39 for a practice rifle. .22lr is not even an option as its nothing like shooting centerfire. Just wait though. 22lr will catch up to .223. This is extremely bad no matter if you ever bought cheap russian blasting ammo or not

Hopefully this will bring some new manufacturing to the US to support the Russian ammo calibers.

Just like how the tariffs on Chinese products spurred more manufacturing of goods here.

Hopefully this will bring some new manufacturing to the US to support the Russian ammo calibers.

Just like how the tariffs on Chinese products spurred more manufacturing of goods here.
    it will for sure, but it's a self defeating process due to the fact it will be at triple, to quadruple the price on the shelf when it does. Defeating the entire point.

it will for sure, but it's a self defeating process due to the fact it will be at triple, to quadruple the price on the shelf when it does. Defeating the entire point.
    I won’t argue that the price will easily triple.
    We will either have to throw our combloc caliber weapons away when they run dry - or make lemonade out of the lemons we have now.

We will either have to throw our combloc caliber weapons away when they run dry - or make lemonade out of the lemons we have now.
    i choose rechamber. If i'm paying more for the ammo, it damn sure will do more for my money.

Yeah I just got a x39 rifle because ammo prices were coming down. Now its like wtffff. But yeah. Me thinks the first American ammo company to start the 5.45 and 7.62 x39 ammo will make a killing on volume. I'm certain there are 10's if not 100's of millions of steel cased ammo purchased.

Yeah I just got a x39 rifle because ammo prices were coming down. Now its like wtffff. But yeah. Me thinks the first American ammo company to start the 5.45 and 7.62 x39 ammo will make a killing on volume. I'm certain there are 10's if not 100's of millions of steel cased ammo purchased.
    No issue ,as somewhere at company X in country y , Russian ammo is being repackaged as ''made not in Russia'' while the factory in Russia is changing the headstamp for the casings.

Last edited:
    No issue ,as somewhere at company X in country X , Russian ammo is being repackaged as ''made not in Russia'' while the factory in Russia is changing the headstamp for the casings.
    No doubt. It'll come from Bulgaria, or one of the other former comm block countries.

I've got a case of Russian steel cased 5.56 that I bought back 20+ years ago. I guess that will soon be worth around $30,000.

i don't shoot russian ammo, but is this going to affect things from serbia or czech countries?

Hi,

I have 50 million rounds sitting in Serbia right now. Send Midway USA, Brownells or one of the other "ammo distributors" my way, lolol

Sincerely,
    Theis
    Are you repacking to lighter boxes as well :devilish:

Reactions: camocorvette
    Hi,

I have 50 million rounds sitting in Serbia right now. Send Midway USA, Brownells or one of the other "ammo distributors" my way, lolol

Sincerely,
    Theis

How much physical space does that take up?

Great info all, looking forward to trying Coyote ammo that is definitely 100% manufactured in Serbia...

i don't shoot russian ammo, but is this going to affect things from serbia or czech countries?
    I have heard that Russian ammo makes up 40% of all ammo sales in the states. If that's true, it will affect all ammo pricing as supply and demand will dictate prices. BTW, everyone is talking about 7.62x39, but they import 9mm, 5.56 and others into the states. So shits gonna get expensive. So glad I listen to AJ

not one single reason ammo cannot be produced here in the USA at the same price or eve less per round not having to import it. The price is what made the sales, not the location of manufacture. If they would produce cheap blasting ammo here, no one would have been buying the crap anyway. That "shitty" ammo people think does not matter, is what stops a lot of local ammo companies from gouging more than they already do. It's not the russian ammo you will miss, it's the ammo pricing being realistic. Who wants to shoot 30.06 at 338 Lapua prices. Be ready for it. That said People like myself, who built a rifle based on the 7.62x39 round, are now better off rebarreling to .308. Who would ever pay 308 prices for x39 for a practice rifle. .22lr is not even an option as its nothing like shooting centerfire. Just wait though. 22lr will catch up to .223. This is extremely bad no matter if you ever bought cheap russian blasting ammo or not
    Who would be crazy enough to start up a plant when an executive order could shut it down tomorrow? Not sure if you have been paying attention, but the constitution and the Bill of rights haven't been getting w's lately.

Hi,

For anyone interested in setting up an ammunition manufacturing facility in the USA...you know...because it is soo easy.

I will wave my consultation fee and give you the equipment list and quote.

And just in case the PDF is too long, lol...
    1629736331124.png

Sincerely,
    Theis

Attachments

• MULTICALIBERPLANT-1.0.pdf
      48.2 KB · Views: 63
    How labor intensive is the mass manufacturing of ammo? It didn't seem too bad in the video's I've seen of the federal plant.

Ammo is frickin' heavy and expensive to ship. With Russian plinking ammo gone I wouldn't be shocked if we saw steel cased American made plinking ammo at close to the same cost as the old Russian stuff soon. Labor costs are higher, shipping costs are down and we land at similar cost once we reach new equilibrium.

I don't think American manufacturers wanted to get into the mess of competing with the Ruskys and investing in all that tooling when demand was met by imports. Not the case now.

Just speculating. I'm not that worried though. In the short term it'll suck, but I'm optimistic it'll work itself out. That's the beauty of capitalism.

Reactions: tomcatmv
    Hi,

For anyone interested in setting up an ammunition manufacturing facility in the USA...you know...because it is soo easy.

I will wave my consultation fee and give you the equipment list and quote.

And just in case the PDF is too long, lol...
    View attachment 7689786

Sincerely,
    Theis
    So when does your new ammo plant start putting out some product? why 32 ACP am I missing something ? Or just gotta keep those Keltec P32's fed ?

Labor is cheaper over the water but thats not the only thing.
    Property, buildings, permits, electricity, materials, taxes, etc all make up the cost.

We price ammo to the penny for low cost stuff. So every few pennies adds up quickly.

And in reality getting containers shipped to ports in the USA doesn't drive the cost of shipping up as much as warehousing and transport in the USA.

I may be off or missing a few details but I think I'm pretty close.

Add in that as @THEIS said the cost and time to start the ventures is much higher than people think with alot of hurdles / roadblocks. Its no surprise that its more cost effective to build a new plant in another country.

So when does your new ammo plant start putting out some product? why 32 ACP am I missing something ? Or just gotta keep those Keltec P32's fed ?
    Its a modular line if I remeber right so the payback even with small quantities is more about the option or availability to produce and take advantage of markets. When you buy a line just don't order the 32acp tooling🤣

what ban on what Russian ammo , this is not Russian ammo its Romanian made in Mexico these are not the droids your looking for we can go move along .
    1629738327279.png

Seriously I qould like to know who is going over and buying bulk in the sandbox to ship back.

You know who you are.

No issue ,as somewhere at company X in country y , Russian ammo is being repackaged as ''made not in Russia'' while the factory in Russia is changing the headstamp for the casings.
    Not the same thing but just so you know how it works my father used to fly 747s full of tulip bulbs out of Seattle to Holland they would sit on the ramp there for 30 days, they would then be loaded into another 747 and flown back to the states only now they were labeled grown in Holland and that would triple their value on the American market.

So how long until that actually impacts current pricing? This order is only against pending and requested permits. There has to be a decent amount here or at least applied for and approved.

In other words, how long to the other countries have to tool up to repackage War Dog style?

So how long until that actually impacts current pricing? This order is only against pending and requested permits. There has to be a decent amount here or at least applied for and approved.

In other words, how long to the other countries have to tool up to repackage War Dog style?
    Because of demand and supply you can already see ammo prices going up. Friday afternoon you could find 7.62x39 for .26 a round. Now it ranges from .54 a round up to $3.00 a round. It is not going to get any better for a couple of years or longer.

Not trying to disagree but I'm not sure a couple years is realistic.

We were just getting back to where we were pre-COVID 18 months ago. Not sure this will last years since we already met the new gun buyers' demand as well as satisfy a lot of people's panic buying (all fueled by huge gov stimulus). The price has certainly gone up over the weekend but that is due to anticipated restricted supply, not an increase in production costs.

My uneducated prediction is we will be back to where we were by 2022. Either domestic manufacturers will continue to meet demand (think 50 cpr for 556 ball) or others will get creative on how to get foreign ammo here with a slight increase in price (think 30 cpr for 223 steel case). This order expires in 12 months but we are also 18 months into flattening the curve for 2 weeks.

• Haha
    Reactions: 1moaoff
    Shipping cost have have gone from $1000 a container to $3000 a container for the items we bring in from Germany
    I know, I work with lots of machinery being sent in from EU. But warehousing and truck shipping here is going up almost as fast. And you have to break up alot of shipments as soon as its on US soil and pay a higher rate.

A 2k increase per container stings but icdont think its game ending for import purposes and costs

Not fast enough.

Reactions: rlsmith1
    Because of demand and supply you can already see ammo prices going up. Friday afternoon you could find 7.62x39 for .26 a round. Now it ranges from .54 a round up to $3.00 a round. It is not going to get any better for a couple of years or longer.
    I bought 223 for 42c/rd week before last. Same price Friday afternoon. Logged off work, went out to eat, came back at it as 49c/rd. Koinky Dinky? I doubt it.

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
    Hi,

Ammunition container load is roughly $20k shipping from Mfg to East Coast USA Port.
    Getting same ammunition container from East Coast port to central USA is right over half of that on top....

You will see prices go up now based on issue of not being able to get a new import permit for the same product(s).

Sincerely,
    Theis

While the Afghan withdrawal is happening , in contrary to mass media that is explaining how Russians and Chinese are now taking over Afganistan. Russians are closing down the borders and are ready to arm anyone that needs it to prevent any 'Islamic' spillover the border. So i guess the best place for repackaging the Russian ammo will now be Uzbekistan

''Russia's RIA news agency is reporting that the Kremlin stands "ready to deliver weapons and equipment to central Asian allies that border Afghanistan." Further RIA cited top officials who said these large deliveries would be done "at special low prices". ''

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
    While the Afghan withdrawal is happening , in contrary to mass media that is explaining how Russians and Chinese are now taking over Afganistan. Russians are closing down the borders and are ready to arm anyone that needs it to prevent any 'Islamic' spillover the border. So i guess the best place for repackaging the Russian ammo will now be Uzbekistan

''Russia's RIA news agency is reporting that the Kremlin stands "ready to deliver weapons and equipment to central Asian allies that border Afghanistan." Further RIA cited top officials who said these large deliveries would be done "at special low prices". ''
    You get an AK 12 and you get an AK 12, everyone gets an AK 12 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Soviets stored so much gear for the case of all out war that i am quite certain you can still get 1-2mio Mosin Nagants out of deep storage , by the way are these still considered Made in Russia if they have Soviet markings ,or does made in Uzbekistan fly :devilish: ?

Last edited: