• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Banged up USMC vet arrested over HP Parking space

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    Doesn't surprise me his home of record is Roswell, NM, my town. Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges. Vámonos!!

Reactions: Bender
    One thing kind of strikes me regard the after action report.

When I read in the Daily Mail article that he was awarded the Navy Cross it didnt jive with his rack shown in the pictures.

I thought it was more news media BS so I researched it and learned the unusual fact SSGT Esquibel declined the award for actions taken as a STA LCPl.

A. It takes balls to earn a NC.

B. It takes balls as big to tell your CO "Thanks but No thanks" in the USMC. Especially for something that shines favor upon the whole unit. I believe SSGT Esquibel had strong deeply affecting reasons related to the finer aspects of camaraderie for doing so. It is good he was not forced to wear it. Maybe someday he will come to understand that such a medal is not just an award to him but its also the guys that died while he took action.

Questions concerning his unit.

The reports indicate he was with 1/8 on the deployment he experienced his NC action.

8th Marines is a Second Mar Div Regiment.

The reports indicate he was a member of the First Mar Div.

I get it a Regiment can be attached to another Div. So when I did a float with 3/8 to Okinawa we were a part of the parent Third Div.

Does the 2nd Mar Div do anything these days?

One of those things I wish I could take back in life was when Colonel Veracautern Commanding "F" Company MSG BN upon hearing I had been with 3/8 asked me "2nd Mar Div? What have they done since WWII?"

I being 21 stupid and speaking before thinking said "What has any Marine done since WWII?"

and the Colonel said "Korea, Vietnam".

He had been with 9th Marines at one point and wore a VN service medal.

Wish I had of just said "You are right Sir, Thank you" and ate the rest of my lunch.

Damn First Marine Division! Why are you always the Bride and we of the Second are the fat bouquet catching Bridesmaids.

An analogy.....

Second Marine Division is to First Marine Division as Army is to Marine Corps

None of this is going to stop until settlements start coming from a place other than the tax payer and the criminals start getting fired and criminal charges

Settlements should be paid from the person responsible, the employees retirement fund or alternatively the agency's budget

And the criminal charges shouldn't be 2 tiered. No "civilian" would get away with fraudulent documents plus b&e, plus murder. Or murdering a drunken unarmed man in a hallway

Hard to believe that this happened in America.
    I travel a lot and I'm always thanked for my service when people see my plates.
    Sorry,but if I seen something like this happen in front of me,I'd have been arrested right along side him for something worthwhile.

What an awful thing to allow to happen in our country.

I'll bet way more than $250k was wasted through our shit legal system to even get to this settlement.

How come this man had to wait 7 years to clear his name, but everytime that shithead Connor Mc'Gregor is arrested it seems like his court cases are settled within a week. Fucking bullshit.

Damn, in Ohio they just ticket you and or have you vehicle towed. Why in the hell would they arrest him and slam him around???

And people are being conditioned to act based on orders/statute rather than reason.

Makes me fear for the future some.....

Than there is a ray of hope.

Just had a conversation with the boy regards what he did at school today.

Said they had a "Bubble Conversation" about the topic of arming teachers.

Way my son explained it the teacher was reasonable to the point of actually having some knowledge.

My son said the teacher mentioned that "a gun could not be drawn from the holster unless it was pulled out a certain way". My son didnt really understand what he was talking about but Im guessing he was talking about a retention holster.

Sounds like the teacher wasnt hitting the kids with scare tactics about "What if the pistol falls out and some child picks it up!"

Than the teacher spoke of any armed teacher being trained better than a police officer and I explained to him that might be likely so as any teacher deciding to be armed is likely a responsible, knowledgeable person in the first place that is voluntarily taking on a big responsibility, while police usually only train because they have to.

It was a great conversation and kind of a shocker for my AO.

Tommorow the guy will be probably boxing his stuff because some other kid had the same conversation with a parent and they didnt appreciate his talk as I did.

And people are being conditioned to act based on orders/statute rather than reason.

Makes me fear for the future some.....

Than there is a ray of hope.

Just had a conversation with the boy regards what he did at school today.

Said they had a "Bubble Conversation" about the topic of arming teachers.

Way my son explained it the teacher was reasonable to the point of actually having some knowledge.

My son said the teacher mentioned that "a gun could not be drawn from the holster unless it was pulled out a certain way". My son didnt really understand what he was talking about but Im guessing he was talking about a retention holster.

Sounds like the teacher wasnt hitting the kids with scare tactics about "What if the pistol falls out and some child picks it up!"

Than the teacher spoke of any armed teacher being trained better than a police officer and I explained to him that might be likely so as any teacher deciding to be armed is likely a responsible, knowledgeable person in the first place that is voluntarily taking on a big responsibility, while police usually only train because they have to.

It was a great conversation and kind of a shocker for my AO.

Tommorow the guy will be probably boxing his stuff because some other kid had the same conversation with a parent and they didnt appreciate his talk as I did.
    I forsee an emergency school board mtg. Props to the teacher for having the discussion.

I forsee an emergency school board mtg. Props to the teacher for having the discussion.

Met this teacher and he actually struck me as a little "light" on substance.

Looking at the handouts though kids are learning some good shit....Ancient Egypt, Classical Greece, Roman Empire.....even had a handout on the Code of Hammurabi perhaps the seed that begat the line leading to the Ten Commandments, The Magna Carta and our perfected Constitution.

6th grade history was where I had a teacher that made a difference in my life. Im going to reach out to this guy and thank him.

Holy shit!

On the ride home from baseball my son restarted the conversation regarding arming teachers/guns.

He asked about there being a lot of shootings in Boston and I told him there are areas in Boston that the government seems to limit opportunities to people than wont do anything meaningful to people that cause problems in those communities.

He than spouted off some facts "Aren't there only like 11,000 murders each year and the rest of the people, like 30,000 kill themselves and something like 160,000 save themselves with guns"

Those numbers are pretty good - MSNBC wouldnt admit to them.

Just sent his teacher the following...

Mr. Xxxxxxx,

Just wanted to reach out and say thank you.

I know you have been working with Odin regards his health issues and that has been a great help.

More so he talked a little about school today and he spoke to me about your "Fish Bowl" conversation topics.

I was impressed with the choice of important issues and that though both can present a minefield of heated passions Odin came away with balanced and reasoned interpretations of what had been spoken about.

I appreciate the accurate statement of facts regarding tough partisan topics and than letting the kids follow the facts to their own conclusions.

Thank you for being an example of the free exchange of ideas at a time when sides are trying to shut each other down.

Sincerely,

Too weird, Im guilty of painting the entire school system as nothing more than indoctrination.

Damn, in Ohio they just ticket you and or have you vehicle towed. Why in the hell would they arrest him and slam him around???
    -
    NPS has it's own Jail and a Judge stationed there in a lot of the larger NPS ruled ground like Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone ..Etc. . They are Armed Fed. Law Enforcement, with lot of the NPS Rangers rule there dirt like there own little Catbox, and no one pisses in there Catbox .

In Ohio and some other states the faster program that assist training school personnel to be armed providing approval by board. Who wouldn't want someone (could be the janitor) to have the ability to immediately respond to a threat to their kids? Yes the training is more than what it would take to pass a basic LEO course as far as firearms are concerned. I personally would feel more comfortable knowing there is few sheep dogs in there and that mental attitude is who I would want teaching my kids. I was blessed with several teachers and a principal that were combat veterans all left their mark on my brain and I appreciate that. I guess we strayed a little off the OP. The daily mail said allegedly was beaten if he won a lawsuit is it still allegedly? I don't know any LEO that would do that and don't want to I have a number of them in my family that wouldn't happen on their watch that I can guarantee.

I hope I bump into that fucking park ranger somewhere oneday.
    Probably works at Walmart now scouting wallmartions for precieved infractions eating grapes is a big one. Hopefully not allowed to do the parking lot.

financial compensation is not justice. perps(even if they are the boys in blue) have to do the time or face some kinda penalty.

You could bet your ass if it was a private business owner that cant afford/doesnt have the room to put in an ADA compliant ramp or bathroom they will pay the pound of flesh than some.

I got to think you give the benefit of the doubt in this matter.

Sounds like the Marine was just stopping to use the head than intending to move on.

Who goes hands on and starts kicking feet wide?

I get it for the guy whose job it is to ensure the parking lot is in order, I imagine at busier NPS facilities visitors will do all sorts of bizarre shit otherwise.

But you have the guy there talking to you. You ask hom to display his placard or whatever on his car. He tells you he will be one minute......you give him the benefit of the doubt.

You come back an hour later, car is still there with no placard, guy has fucked a deserving person and you than fines are huge and towing is usually part of the process.

Reasonable.....if you live your life reasonably so that disinterested people will consider what you did makes sense than you will probably avoid a 1/4 mil lawsuit.

This doesnt make sense irregardless if the "victim" is a hero.

A couple of thoughts after reading this. At first read, it seems (A) the park ranger was probably a badge heavy police wannabe who had to settle for being a "Park Ranger". One of those people who can't stand to have someone dare question his authority. But, that's at first glance. We do not get to hear the park ranger's account of this. I have to figure with the lack of respect most people have these days, the ranger probably catches people parking in handicapped spots every day. Do all those people get arrested? If not, then why was this guy, what was different here, why was he special? What we see here is one man's side of the story, promoted by the press because it's a great story that will sell....."Disabled Marine Hero beaten by Park Rangers for Parking in Handicapped Spot". Boy, there's a headline that will sell papers..... the old adage "If it bleeds, it leads" I'd love to see a complete video or hear from some witnesses other than his wife. The Marine is obviously a National hero, that is unquestioned. That does not preclude him from being a dick. So (B) Did he being this on himself by just telling the ranger to go fuck himself when told he couldn't park there? Was he REALLY as polite as he states he was and forthcoming about his disability, or did he promote the confrontation by being belligerent right out of the box? It could very well be a case of A, but it could also be a case of B. 250K settlement is not a big settlement for such an outrage, when a jury, if finding as he says, would probably award him millions. The fact the man's attorney, who would get his percentage of this, accepted 250K suggests to me there were things he didn't want to come out. There's more to this story I think. A or B, we will probably never know, but how quickly some people just jump to conclusions and are ready to join the lynch mob. You would think that after time and time again of stories coming out that outrage the masses, only to have facts come out later, that people would learn to apply some critical thinking skills before jumping to conclusions. Like I said, it could be A, it could be B, we will probably never know.....but there's more to this story.

My experience with park rangers is they usually have shitty training. Scarily bad. Then they never leave the microcosm of the park service. Proof positive is this example. If these rangers had spent any time in an
    urban patrol setting they would not get amped up over a potential parking violation. Plus, a parking violation wouldn’t have been an arrestable offense anyway so there was no reason to go hands-on. So now whatever money they saved on training, now gets spent on lawsuits.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    A couple of thoughts after reading this. At first read, it seems (A) the park ranger was probably a badge heavy police wannabe who had to settle for being a "Park Ranger". One of those people who can't stand to have someone dare question his authority. But, that's at first glance. We do not get to hear the park ranger's account of this. I have to figure with the lack of respect most people have these days, the ranger probably catches people parking in handicapped spots every day. Do all those people get arrested? If not, then why was this guy, what was different here, why was he special? What we see here is one man's side of the story, promoted by the press because it's a great story that will sell....."Disabled Marine Hero beaten by Park Rangers for Parking in Handicapped Spot". Boy, there's a headline that will sell papers..... the old adage "If it bleeds, it leads" I'd love to see a complete video or hear from some witnesses other than his wife. The Marine is obviously a National hero, that is unquestioned. That does not preclude him from being a dick. So (B) Did he being this on himself by just telling the ranger to go fuck himself when told he couldn't park there? Was he REALLY as polite as he states he was and forthcoming about his disability, or did he promote the confrontation by being belligerent right out of the box? It could very well be a case of A, but it could also be a case of B. 250K settlement is not a big settlement for such an outrage, when a jury, if finding as he says, would probably award him millions. The fact the man's attorney, who would get his percentage of this, accepted 250K suggests to me there were things he didn't want to come out. There's more to this story I think. A or B, we will probably never know, but how quickly some people just jump to conclusions and are ready to join the lynch mob. You would think that after time and time again of stories coming out that outrage the masses, only to have facts come out later, that people would learn to apply some critical thinking skills before jumping to conclusions. Like I said, it could be A, it could be B, we will probably never know.....but there's more to this story.

Agreed.

Possible when told to move his car he told the ranger to eat dick.

The remedy if you want to use your authority to make a statement is a $250 citation in my AO for unlawfully parking in a HP spot with vehicle not displaying a placard.

Even if the ticket is dismissed on appeal you have made your point.

If the Marine escalated to the point of inviting his own arrest than Im tired of the courts acting like a lottery system and providing awards because "Hey, its not my money, who cares"

Hero or not you act like a dick you get what you deserve.

So true we have only one side of the story but Im happy to assess further if we get a different story.

Why do we have park service in the first place and why do they have a badge.

The hats are cool and the brown leather gear with basket weave detail makes for good display of a Sig.

If not marbury ruling says its not legal for congress to do so

This is what theNPS has on their website about the constitutionality of the National Parks.

The authority for creating national parks is found in the Constitution under the “Property Clause” (Article IV, Section 3). “The Congress shall have Power to dispose of and make all needful Rules and Regulations respecting the Territory or other Property belonging to the United States….”

I dont think they should exist, but I never had an issue, hottest chick ever I seen in uniform, Indian Ranger Chick at the gate to teh Grand Canyon,,, didnt realize I had to pay to visit my land in the Canyon so I conplained to her,,,, at teh same time I was getting 3/4 chub,,, she was smoking fucking hot,,, fitted pants, noce medium sized titties,,, pleasant to talk with,,, did I mention smoking fucking hot....

well when I asked her to do a U turn past her gate area, was on my bike, she said just go in dont worry about the fee,, I declined the offer so as not get her in trouble and did a U turn,,,, still never been to visit any of my land that I have to pay for, fuckem,,, by man she was the hottest injun chick I ever seen til this day..

Other time I got pulled over in a park was big bend, dude just said stop doing wheelies, that i was scaring the old hippies.

Sadly that’s been my experience also.
    And ‘irrregardless’ isn’t a word.

And ‘irrregardless’ isn’t a word.

"Nerdbonics" dude....

Irregardless is a nonstandard synonym for regardless, which means “without concern as to advice, warning, or hardship,” or “heedless.” Its nonstandard status is due to the double negative construction of the prefix ir- with the suffix -less. ... The bottom line is that irregardless is indeed a word, albeit a clunky one.

"Nerdbonics" dude....

Irregardless is a nonstandard synonym for regardless, which means “without concern as to advice, warning, or hardship,” or “heedless.” Its nonstandard status is due to the double negative construction of the prefix ir- with the suffix -less. ... The bottom line is that irregardless is indeed a word, albeit a clunky one.
    Ok. So it is a word. Just a dumb word.

I dont think they should exist, but I never had an issue, hottest chick ever I seen in uniform, Indian Ranger Chick at the gate to teh Grand Canyon,,, didnt realize I had to pay to visit my land in the Canyon so I conplained to her,,,, at teh same time I was getting 3/4 chub,,, she was smoking fucking hot,,, fitted pants, noce medium sized titties,,, pleasant to talk with,,, did I mention smoking fucking hot....

well when I asked her to do a U turn past her gate area, was on my bike, she said just go in dont worry about the fee,, I declined the offer so as not get her in trouble and did a U turn,,,, still never been to visit any of my land that I have to pay for, fuckem,,, by man she was the hottest injun chick I ever seen til this day..

Other time I got pulled over in a park was big bend, dude just said stop doing wheelies, that i was scaring the old hippies.
    I’m not a fan of paying either. But after I thought about it, it makes more sense than using tax dollars to pay for the roads/parking/services. This way only people who visit the parks pay and not the whole country.
    To use tax dollars would be the more liberal way. Plus for about $20 you can get an annual pass to every national park.
    If you own 6 newish motorcycles and won’t pay $10 to acces the Grand Canyon, your losing out. Just don’t be pulling wheelies or boners.

I dont think there should be roads in these parks. or any other man made item.

This is a big Continent, parks are a very small portion of the shit we have to see, I am a principled individual, its not the amount of money, its paying to go see my property that pisses me off. Fukem.

The canyon itself is still very primitive. No roads in or out. Only one small primitive campground at the bottom.

Plenty of cool places to see on Forest Service and BLM. They are still free. I’m not a big National Park guy. Too many people. I would rather go out on the National Forest or BLM and not see anyone for a week.

Reactions: ArmyJerry