• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Banish 30 & 26 Nosler

Ruining your democracy
Minuteman
May 25, 2022
Shithole
I have never owned a suppressor before.

I would like to get one for a 6.5 CM AR10 that would be compatible with a desert tech SRS with a custom 26 Nosler barrel. Would the Banish 30 work?

A can rated for a .300 magnum will work. You'll want a magnum rated can, due to the gas volume you will be developing.

Reactions: 232593
Thanks for that. And no issues with it going from AR to bolt gun provided threads are the same?
Ar10 SHOULD have 5/8x24 threads, unless it is something unusual. A direct thread can for a .30 cal SHOULD have 5/8x24 threads (US market). Be aware there are unusual cases where they aren't standard. Rifles or cans made for the European market will have metric threads.

I don't have one but I am constantly watching or reading about suppressors and I normally hear good things about them. I think the one you are talking about is the titanium one which at 9" is 13oz which is nice.

I have a rugged surge and radiant and the surge is like 21-23oz full 9", now that is kinda fucking heavy. Its a great and super quite suppressor with a great warranty but its heavy. Not knowing much about suppressors never having used one before I got the rugged surge I didn't know what characteristics mattered most to me. But I can tell you now that something under 15oz is nice for how I use them and sound reduction matters to me also.

I wouldn't put a 100% titanium can on my ar15 that I use to put 300 rounds down every weekend. Think about what kind of fire volume you expect from the gun its going on. Last thing for me is how is the suppressor serviced for cleaning. If you shoot enough it will need cleaned.

Here's some of the best options out there right now...

Dead air is losing credibility fast. They put a batch of bad cans and folks are at 100 days and ay worse with no comms and no can as they wait for repair. Avoid and I’ve got a DA can.

Dead air is losing credibility fast. They put a batch of bad cans and folks are at 100 days and ay worse with no comms and no can as they wait for repair. Avoid and I’ve got a DA can.
I'm well aware, but I've also had my Nomad-LT for almost 3 years now, and it's an amazing can. But they were not really having issues with their Ti cans...Mostly just the Stellite baffles in their Sierra5 and Sandman suppressors.

I actually have all 3 of those cans, and recommend them all.

Most of the lack of comms from their CS is from shitty KGM not updating their system, and pushing DA repairs back for their own contracts.

I own 4 DA cans, but I would avoid a Sierra and Sandman right now.

All three can work with a cartridge with the pressures of a 26 Nosler ok?

A can rated for a .300 magnum will work. You'll want a magnum rated can, due to the gas volume you will be developing.
I have been told that carbon build up can lock the suppressor to the barrel making it extremely difficult to remove. Are there there any brands that are resistant to this?

All three can work with a cartridge with the pressures of a 26 Nosler ok?
Yes. All 3 are rated all the way up to .300 RUM and .300 Norma Mag, which are both much bigger case capacities than a .26 Nosler.

Of the 3, the Otter Creek Hydrogen-L 7.62 is the best bang for your buck, and is a great can. Sounds great, ultra lightweight, excellent build quality and customer service. I have 4 OCL cans (3 Hydrogens and 1 Polonium).

The TBAC Magnus-HUB is a true precision can, and their runout proves that. Sounds great, and is the currently ranked #1 quietest .30 caliber can on the market. I have one of these as well, and it's an excellent suppressor. I can highly recommend it.

The Nomad-LT is an exceptional can, as well. The price is mid-way between the OCL and the TBAC. Quality is right there with the others, as well. Granted, Dead Air has been having some QC problems lately, and that has led to some CS and communication issues. I have not heard of any consistent (or pattern of) issues with any of their titanium suppressors, only the Sierra5 and the Sandman suppressors due to a bad batch of Stellite baffles that got shipped to them. If you want to risk it with a Dead Air can, and you get a good can, you won't regret your Nomad-LT purchase.

I have been told that carbon build up can lock the suppressor to the barrel making it extremely difficult to remove. Are there there any brands that are resistant to this?
That only is an issue with piss-poor designed quick-detach and muzzle device systems. Direct-thread doesn't have any issues, and suppressor mounting systems that have a big taper in front of the threads don't either, because it keeps the carbon from ever getting to the threads of the mount.

If I were to go with a large-thread QD-style mount, the Dead Air XENO would be my go-to. I run the KeyMo system on all my AR's and a couple of bolt guns that I swap suppressors around on a lot. Both are great systems.

For majority of my bolt-actions, and precision rifles, I run direct-thread with an Otter Creek Labs Zer0-DTA 5/8-24 titanium mount for HUB threads. It only weighs between 1 to 1.1 oz, and only sticks out from the back of the suppressor about 1/16". So it adds virtually no weight and no length to the suppressor. It keeps things light and short, and is perfect for direct-thread cans and lightweight rigs.

Last edited:
That would require many, many rounds, an attachment that leaks by coupled with never removing the can.
You do need to wipe your threads down when cleaning your bore, then reapply a very light coat of grease.

If I run a 20” 6.5 CM with any of the cans previously mentioned should I do a rifle +1 or + 2 gas system?

That only is an issue with piss-poor designed quick-detach and muzzle device systems. Direct-thread doesn't have any issues, and suppressor mounting systems that have a big taper in front of the threads don't either, because it keeps the carbon from ever getting to the threads of the mount.

If I were to go with a large-thread QD-style mount, the Dead Air XENO would be my go-to. I run the KeyMo system on all my AR's and a couple of bolt guns that I swap suppressors around on a lot. Both are great systems.

For majority of my bolt-actions, and precision rifles, I run direct-thread with an Otter Creek Labs Zer0-DTA 5/8-24 titanium mount for HUB threads. It only weighs between 1 to 1.1 oz, and only sticks out from the back of the suppressor about 1/16". So it adds virtually no weight and no length to the suppressor. It keeps things light and short, and is perfect for direct-thread cans and lightweight rigs.
Will the “KeyMo” work with the TBAC Magnus you mentioned?

That would require many, many rounds, an attachment that leaks by coupled with never removing the can.
You do need to wipe your threads down when cleaning your bore, then reapply a very light coat of grease.
A moly grease or will that Lucas Oil gun grease work ok?

Have you used this one by chance?