• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Banish 30

ollie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2008
Apollo Pa
I bought a banish 30 last year at a sports show kinda on a whim. I was told many things from the reps there that were false, but hey after 9.5 months I finally got my new suppressor.

That's where the nightmare started. I took it out of the package and wiped some anticease on the threads. Took it to the range and fired 5 shots to zero it in and get ready for deer season. Took it home and cleaned it, fired 3 more shots during season, 8 SHOTS TOTAL!!! Now the end cap is locked up and couldn't be removed. After calling them they instructed me to "beat it against a piece of wood" direct quote. Sent it back to them and was told they couldn't fix it it's now being sent to the manufacturer. This is over 4 months since receiving it and all they will do is pay for a tax stamp if I choose to purchase another one of there cans.
Also the 8 shots were 6.5CM.
I have had it with this company.

End rant.

There are too many good vendors and suppressors these days to give silencer central business. I get why they were initially appealing with the “direct to door” model but at the cost of good CS and overpriced suppressors. Now, unless I’m mistaken, you can get direct to door with capitol armory which is a much better vendor. There is just no upside for SC anymore IMO.

Reactions: DIBBS and FuhQ
There are too many good vendors and suppressors these days to give silencer central business. I get why they were initially appealing with the “direct to door” model but at the cost of good CS and overpriced suppressors. Now, unless I’m mistaken, you can get direct to door with capitol armory which is a much better vendor. There is just no upside for SC anymore IMO.
also...you could have just bought a TBAC

also...you could have just bought a TBAC
I didn’t buy a banish but yeah, if you are wanting to spend that kind of cash, a TBAC is much better for the money.

I bought a banish 30 last year at a sports show kinda on a whim. I was told many things from the reps there that were false, but hey after 9.5 months I finally got my new suppressor.

That's where the nightmare started. I took it out of the package and wiped some anticease on the threads. Took it to the range and fired 5 shots to zero it in and get ready for deer season. Took it home and cleaned it, fired 3 more shots during season, 8 SHOTS TOTAL!!! Now the end cap is locked up and couldn't be removed. After calling them they instructed me to "beat it against a piece of wood" direct quote. Sent it back to them and was told they couldn't fix it it's now being sent to the manufacturer. This is over 4 months since receiving it and all they will do is pay for a tax stamp if I choose to purchase another one of there cans.

End rant.
WHAT??? No fucking way! The Banish30 is the greatest selling suppressor of all time...........According to them... 🤣😂🤣

People keep falling for their shitty cans because the company lures them in with this whole "we can ship it straight to your door" bullshit... What they don't tell you is their cans are overpriced shit. I'd demand a full refund, plus the stamp and trust cost. Go buy something MUCH better from a company that actually builds their own shit in-house. Get a Dead Air Nomad, Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen, or TBAC can...You'll be MUCH happier.

Reactions: airborne_trooper

End rant.

Why did you want, or need, to remove the end cap?? If it's seized on, it's just like any other welded suppressor.

Were you hoping to find candy or treasure inside when you removed the cap? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I was told it needed cleaned after shooting it. Was told I would have it in 100 days, was told if I didn't like they would buy it back. I was told alot.

I was told it needed cleaned after shooting it. Was told I would have it in 100 days, was told if I didn't like they would buy it back. I was told alot.

You’re saying SC has now stolen your NFA property (not returning it, no refund issued)??

Did you get their guarantee in writing? Or just got salesmanned over the phone?

End rant.
Dude why did you put anti seize? That's where fucked up. No where in their manual does it say to put anti seize. I've never had an issue removing mine. When you apply antiseize you break shit. People to this day put anti seize on every God damn thing including spark plugs. Anti seize and lock tight both cause far more problems than they have ever solved. Unless you are instructed to use it DONT! If you took it to any gun smith they wiuld be able to take it apart. You might also want to try shooting a few roundss to heat it up and then remove the can and try removing the end cap while it's hot. The banish 30s are in line with TBAC. They are great cans, they do indeed supress and they are easy to clean. Don't blame silencer central for your stupidity. I don't think their lifetime warranty covers stupid.

• Haha
Reactions: Krob95
first post.

Banish = TBAC

great start.
We can get into the details at the end of the day they both supress. Is one better than the other? Probably... We are so spoiled with so many good options sometimes people waste a lot of time on marginal differences. Last time I shot my banish it effective suppressed my gun, it shot accurately and I was happy. You can absolutely get gnats ass and have an argument for TBAC being better. I own a Ruger American predator in 223 rem it shoots .5 moa all day with my reloads. It cost me $350. I also have a 6.5 rifle that I spent $2000 on doing a semi custom build. It shoots 0.25 moa. The 6.5 cost me 6 times as much and it's definitely not 6 times better. There is always something better. I chose to be happy with what I got and I try not bash what others have. TBAC is great. Ive looked at the data, from what I've seen TBAC is marginally better. I my opinion is marginal. I also like that the banish is user serviceable. I don't like relying on other people to service my supressor. I also like being able to use it on rimfire from time to time and it's cleans very well with a ultrasonic cleaner. The takeaway here is to read your goddamn manual before you do something stupid like apply anti seize where it isn't needed.

The takeaway here is to read your goddamn manual before you do something stupid like apply anti seize where it isn't needed.
Uh, and this is the installation portion of said manual, is it not? :unsure:

1685649197025.png

TBAC’s don’t get locked up anti seize. Just sayin 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: Packjam
Uh, and this is the installation portion of said manual, is it not? :unsure:

View attachment 8153465
See where it says nothing about anti seize. When you apply anti seize you essentially multiply the effective stress on the threads. Since this guy applied anti seize "hand tight no longer applies" by applying anti seize you've effectively allowed yourself to over tighten things. Do what the manual says, nothing more. I would never apply anti seize or locktite unless directed by the mfg. Locktite and anti seize have caused a lot of heartache. Another example.

TBAC’s don’t get locked up anti seize. Just sayin 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yea because they are sealed lol. They come locked up. Which can have some benefits. One benefit is you can't shoot rimfire through it and since you cant shoot rimfire through it you don't have to clean it as often.

See where it says nothing about anti seize. When you apply anti seize you essentially multiply the effective stress on the threads. Since this guy applied anti seize "hand tight no longer applies" by applying anti seize you've effectively allowed yourself to over tighten things. Do what the manual says, nothing more. I would never apply anti seize or locktite unless directed by the mfg. Locktite and anti seize have caused a lot of heartache. Another example.
Yeah, I see that and I also see where it doesn’t say don’t jizz on the threads either.

It doesn’t say a lot of of stuff which proves nothing.

I would not use anti-seize or thread locker on a DT suppressor either.

But the manual does in no way dissuade an owner for doing so yet you refer the OP to the manual and criticize him for not reading it when such a reading would shed no light on this particular issue.

Yeah, I see that and I also see where it doesn’t say don’t jizz on the threads either.

It doesn’t say a lot of of stuff which proves nothing.

I would not use anti-seize or thread locker on a DT suppressor either.

But the manual does in no way dissuade an owner for doing so yet you refer the OP to the manual and criticize him for not reading it when such a reading would shed no light on this particular issue.
So should the manual say don't look down the barrel of a firearm too? This is unique disease to the average American, it is known as stupid customer syndrome. It's where the consumer somehow believes they have the right to misuse products and then blame the manufacturer. This is why states are now enacting laws where you can sue a firearm mfg for selling a gun that someone else used unlawfully to kill innocent people. How is that someone else's fault. If I drive my car into a crowd should I be able to sue Ford? In life you need to use judgment. Not everyone is going to take the time to tell you the obvious. You need to take responsibility for yourself. The manual tells you what you need to do. Screw it on hand tight. It doesnt say soak it in a bathtub with water for 6 months. It doesn't say to fill it with rocks. It also doesn't say to put it in a rock tumblr filled with stones. It doesn't say alot of things. This isn't the bible. It's a simple set of instructions. Screw the f***ing thing on hand tight lol. Chezus Christ! Honestly if I were silencer central I would send you back the supressor you broke and tell you that our warranty doesn't cover stupid.

are @Packjam and @Quick1 the same person?
Are you some TBAC fanboy or something? I've woken the thunder beast roadies. All I'm saying is read your manual. Most high dollar supressors supress. Honestly ear plugs and a muzzle break outperform most supressors by quite a lot. I got my supressor as a toy mainly and also for predator hunting. I would never hunt big game with it. I like to hunt with a 22-24" barrel. No one makes a supressor shorter or lighter than a muzzle break. You can get a great break for $100 and phenomenonal ear pro for about $20. Lol a 2 inch supressor that cuts recoil by 70% and weighs only 3 ounces. Just screw it on hand tight lol! Don't put antiseize on your earplugs... I really have no obsession with my supressor brand. I happen to have a banish I also I've a sico as well. They both work great, I'm sure TBAC is good too. However I prefer to make love to my wife and not the bearded men that make supressors lol.

Personal preference here, but I like the fact that Banishers can be taken down and cleaned. Their baffle jack is nifty implement when you go more than the 300rds recommended for cleaning.

I've never understood the sealed can thing personally. 🤷‍♂️ But, everyone has their personal preferences. We're lucky to have so many options these days. There was once a time when there were only a handful of companies; now we have quite a few to choose from.

Reactions: carbonbased
So should the manual say don't look down the barrel of a firearm too? This is unique disease to the average American, it is known as stupid customer syndrome. It's where the consumer somehow believes they have the right to misuse products and then blame the manufacturer. This is why states are now enacting laws where you can sue a firearm mfg for selling a gun that someone else used unlawfully to kill innocent people. How is that someone else's fault. If I drive my car into a crowd should I be able to sue Ford? In life you need to use judgment. Not everyone is going to take the time to tell you the obvious. You need to take responsibility for yourself. The manual tells you what you need to do. Screw it on hand tight. It doesnt say soak it in a bathtub with water for 6 months. It doesn't say to fill it with rocks. It also doesn't say to put it in a rock tumblr filled with stones. It doesn't say alot of things. This isn't the bible. It's a simple set of instructions. Screw the f***ing thing on hand tight lol. Chezus Christ! Honestly if I were silencer central I would send you back the supressor you broke and tell you that our warranty doesn't cover stupid.
“Misuse the product”? If something is verboten then it needs to be explicitly stated. If silent, then the logical assumption is that it is allowed.

And antiseize is not some toxic chemical and the fact is you have zero idea if the use of it caused his end cap to be frozen in place. But you sure are quick w the judge mental comments.

So, you actually a Silencer Central employee?

Please don’t answer. I’m done w this thread and…frankly…you

Personal preference here, but I like the fact that Banishers can be taken down and cleaned. Their baffle jack is nifty implement when you go more than the 300rds recommended for cleaning.

I've never understood the sealed can thing personally. 🤷‍♂️ But, everyone has their personal preferences. We're lucky to have so many options these days. There was once a time when there were only a handful of companies; now we have quite a few to choose from.
Like @MarinePMI I’ve had a banish 30 (and a banish 223) for about four years. No problems. But the company is a little odd, I’ll give you that.

I have used this stuff on all the threads of my various suppressors (Banish, TBAC, Rugged) with zero problems. It’s a ripoff and I’m sure it is scooped out of some 55 gallon drum of special industrial grease and costs Griffin 2¢/jar but it works for me. A little jar lasts a long time.

That grey anti-seize, on the other hand, is the work of the devil!

Last edited:
Reactions: b6graham
I have a few silencers, I have a TBAC 7 which is great and I also have a banish 30. I’ve never had an issue with the banish after a few years and beating the hell out of it chasing sheep and mountain goats. I will comment on the anti seize thing though, I remember mine having grease in the threads when it was delivered. I don’t take it apart much at all but when I do I just grease the threads a bit similar to the way it came. After reading this thread I went upstairs and took off my end cap, it came off easily with no issues after not being removed for well over a year.

Dude why did you put anti seize? That's where fucked up. No where in their manual does it say to put anti seize. I've never had an issue removing mine. When you apply antiseize you break shit. People to this day put anti seize on every God damn thing including spark plugs. Anti seize and lock tight both cause far more problems than they have ever solved. Unless you are instructed to use it DONT! If you took it to any gun smith they wiuld be able to take it apart. You might also want to try shooting a few roundss to heat it up and then remove the can and try removing the end cap while it's hot. The banish 30s are in line with TBAC. They are great cans, they do indeed supress and they are easy to clean. Don't blame silencer central for your stupidity. I don't think their lifetime warranty covers stupid.
Ok since you believe I'm an idiot, should I have shot it when I got it back without any baffles in it, the reason they stated it was jammed was due to 2 bad baffles, or should I have believed them when they told me it was fixed and to go ahead and run a mag through it, even though it was without any baffles in it. I had to contact them again, resend it back again for them to install baffles in it. Go ahead fan boy tell me how dumb I am.

Ok since you believe I'm an idiot, should I have shot it when I got it back without any baffles in it, the reason they stated it was jammed was due to 2 bad baffles, or should I have believed them when they told me it was fixed and to go ahead and run a mag through it, even though it was without any baffles in it. I had to contact them again, resend it back again for them to install baffles in it. Go ahead fan boy tell me how dumb I am.
Wait…they sent you back an empty tube??!!