• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bank Announces Liquidation of Sabre Defence

treebasher

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2009
Billings, MT
Thought some of you might find this interesting.

===========================================

http://www.shootingwire.com/story/231124

February 4, 2011

Bank Announces Liquidation of Sabre Defence

Sale by Secured Creditor , Cadence Bank, N.A., as Secured Party under Article 9 Uniform Commercial Code including: all accounts; inventory; general intangibles, equipment; documents; all Government Contracts (subject to approval and novation process).

Sabre is a licensed manufacturer of ordnance including automatic weapons. It is a contractor for the United States government, Department of Defense and also engages in the manufacture and sale of semi- automatic weapons.
Sealed Bids: No later than 12:00 p.m., February 14, 2011

Bid Acceptance: 5:00 p.m., February 14, 2011 (Except Tie Breaker)

Winning Bid Payment Due in Full: 5:00 p.m. on or before February 17, 2011

Back up Bidders Notified by 5:00 p.m. February 14, 2011
(all times stated are central time)
Qualified Bidders Only: Bids will only be accepted from "persons" holding a current and valid machine gun manufacturer's licenses issued under the United States Federal firearms laws, including but not limited to, the National Firearms Act, as amended, 26 U.S.C. §§ 5801, et seq., the Gun Control Act of 1986, as amended, 18 U.S.C. §§ 921, et seq., 27 C.F.R. §§ 478, et seq., and 27 C.F.R. §§ 479, et seq.

$100,000 Deposit. Deposit will be required of each bidder. Deposit to be made by wire transfer to Cadence Bank, NA "Sabre Escrow" or Irrevocable Letter of Credit in favor of Cadence Bank, N.A. Deposit forfeited if bidder does not possess appropriate license or for successful bidder not closing. All other deposits will be returned February 18 by wire transfer.

Opportunity to continue business at existing location with equipment in place.

Sale of assets, "AS IS, WHERE IS." No representations or warranties of Secured Creditor including fitness for a particular purpose or merchantability. All sales are final.

Secured Creditor reserves the right to cancel or delay or rescind the sale at any time prior to closing.

Bidding and Diligence details at sabresale.com

Re: Bank Announces Liquidation of Sabre Defence

I'll write you a Letter of Genuine Bonification

WoW !! they sure didn't last long, what ? about 3 - 4 years ??

soooo..., if you own a Sabre Def. gun you are sh!t out of luck as far as the warranty is concerned.

A) Sabre is only the tip of the liquidity iceberg. Times are tough everywhere.

B) Warranties are a crapshoot no matter who's fronting them.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A) Sabre is only the tip of the liquidity iceberg. Times are tough everywhere.

<span style="color: #3333FF"><span style="font-weight: bold">(so do you have any predictions as to who may be next to fall ?</span> )</span>

B) Warranties are a crapshoot no matter who's fronting them.

<span style="color: #3333FF"><span style="font-weight: bold">(very true, personally i have rarely ever depended on a warranty of any kind 30 days, 90 days, 1 year, or "lifetime"</span>)</span>

Greg </div></div>

when it comes to the gun/shooting folks i have been treated very well, the batteries in my EOTech leaked and really fouled it up, i called EOTech, they told me to send it back, and two weeks later i had a completely refurbished EOTech sight back on my M4

not so with NAPA, bought an alternator for my bronco, it was supposed to carry a lifetime warranty at ANY NAPA store, two months later 1,000 miles from where i bought the alternator it crapped out, the nearest NAPA store says we do NOT honor lifetime warranties. so i went 3 or 4 blocks down the street to Auto Zone and bought an alternator from them, AND this one positively is a "lifetime" warranty, it was replaced once in the last ten years.

A) No, I don't. Honestly, not the sort of info I'd be comfortable being privy to. As a customer, I doubt there's any reliable way to tell.

B) When I buy a significant item, I've held it in my hands first. Once the ownership transfers, I consider that I've bought the whole enchilada, problems as well as promise.

Typically, I will ask the seller outright what I might expect, what problems have been encountered, any hints of tips about getting better service out of the product. When I deal, I am up front and honest, and give the other party the benefit of the doubt.

If I find they were deceitful, I harbor little faith that subsequent dealings will offer a resolution. Lesson learned, now let's find our own solution to the problem at hand.

I do not consider it my obligation to humble or punish transgressors. If they screwed me, they'll screw others, and honestly, I'll let them get their hands dirty. Their choice.

I will advertise neither my own gullibility nor another's deceit. As a willing participant in any such transactions, I accept the price of my own gullibility, and have no need to enter into public dispute or contention.

I will give general notice of unintended defects, so others can make value judgements of their own.

For what it's worth, I seldom enter into any business with Internet acquaintances. What few I have done have gone well. They know who they are, and I respect their privacy. I much prefer eyeball/handshake transactions.

Greg