• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bank of America in the news today.

j-huskey

Jafo / Instigator !
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2001
AL
none
Won't loan $ to assault "style" rifle manufacturers like ruger but won't cut off sellers because of legal reasons...
Fornicatahs....

Pulling all of my money out of Merrill Lynch as they are owned by BOA.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
Fuck all of these cowardly and compliant corporations. We need to vote with out wallets and make sure they know. They'll soon learn that social justice warriors living in their parent's basement have very little money to spend.

Reactions: Basher
I'm working to move my funds and coose my account already, so this will only speed the process up! :confused:

Reactions: Jeffd
I quit doing business with BOA long ago.
They have pulled this type of shit before.
Like intentionally targeting black homeowners to refinace for a short term lower rate with a ballon in 5 years that went to 21%.Black homeownership fell from 12% to 4-5%. NO one, NOT ONE, went to jail.

Reactions: Bender
Cancelled savings account today. Waiting on money to transfer out of checking then it's closing. Wife's employer 401K is through Merrill Lynch and currently I can't find a good work around while still getting her employer match. So once it vests it'll move.

You mean I gotta shoot my Propane Tank "AND" Burn my Sippy Cup? Gawd Dammit !!! :mad:

1523486505878.png

We all need to sign a petition to boycott all these Co.'s if they follow these new guidelines and send it to everyone of them.

If anybody knows how to set one up I will gladly sign.

mostly PR. I doubt they stand on this too much but regardless I am happily BOA free

Left BoA long ago after they took $$$ our of an account and never refunded me, even after realizing the fault was theirs. My response... move all funds to their numero uno competitor. Fuck BoA.

You mean I gotta shoot my Propane Tank "AND" Burn my Sippy Cup? Gawd Dammit !!! :mad:

View attachment 6893113

Jeezus.......stay the fuck away from the propane tank.......won’t you ever learn ?

(Yeah, like you didn’t know that was coming.......(?....)......:devilish:)

OK, backing off from being a prick, get that plate and those screws removed, your shoulder should feel lots better....;) I’m rootin’ for you anyway, as I’m sure many others are too.......

Reactions: 1J04
Like intentionally targeting black homeowners to refinace for a short term lower rate with a ballon in 5 years that went to 21%.Black homeownership fell from 12% to 4-5%. NO one, NOT ONE, went to jail.

So you're saying Jessie Jackson, Obama, Sharpton and the like should have been prosecuted for blackmailing BAC and other banks?

Bank of choice?

PNC is still gun-friendly as far as I know. They implemented a policy some years back where you couldn't carry inside branches, but they reversed it relatively quickly after some backlash. I'd also take a look at credit unions like PenFed over banks.

I am opening a Navy Federal account on Saturday. As soon as my paycheck starts going there will close my 3 BOA accounts. Already cancelled my Citi card. F#ck these companies. If I was rich I would open a bank that was always pro 2A and court all the industries business along with all the gun owners...

I am in process of canceling bank of America accounts. Close Citigroup accounts also. When they asked why, I told them. The reps acted like they had heard that reason before, so maybe we are making them take note.

BOA can eat a dick.
This isn't the first time they pulled shit like this.
Are we awake now?
Maybe I should say woke.
Boycotts seem childish but hit them right in the pocketbook.

R

Friday I pulled all my money out of all my accounts with BofA. Should have a long time ago. Back in 2013 they were freezing money from gun manufacturers accounts and small gun stores. I purchased something from an armory down in TX and it got froze. I went to my local branch and told them o was canceling everything right now and then told them why. They immediately fixed it and I decided to stay cause I’d been there for ever and didn’t wanna hassle with transferring everything but it felt really fucking good when I went and told them why on Friday and pulled everything.

I still don't even fully comprehend what all happened in '08.. @pmclaine - if you seen the movie "The Big Short" does it pretty well get the gist of it or way off ?

I still don't even fully comprehend what all happened in '08.. @pmclaine - if you seen the movie "The Big Short" does it pretty well get the gist of it or way off ?

Guys like Barney Frank for years said banks were racist and unfairly either refusing or requiring high interest for minority customers.

Yes there were problems but instead of hammering the violators the typical knee jerk reaction required banks to eliminate just about all common sense in determining who or who shouldnt receive a loan and at what interest rate.

In addition banks came up with products that allowed lenders to meet their obligations for a period of time before the inevitable noose - that the bank knew was going to tighten - tightened and cut off the lenders air.

So as soon as the loans were made the banks pretty much knew they had a grenade with the pin out so what did they do? They bundled up all the loans and contacted one of their other bank buddies and sold the loans at a discount. And for some fucked up reason banks bought these things likely knowing they were going to explode. I imagine they used the purchase to boost their books claiming they bought financials with a future value of $X at a present value much less than $X giving investors the idea they were financial geniuses.

So by instead of ensuring equality of opportunity the government mandated equality of outcome in the free market. That shit never works and we all paid for the damage. And yet Congress was never blamed and right now they are doing the exact same thing.

Thats my uneducated rough understanding of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: oneshot86

No sympathy here. Unless the lenders flat lied or altered documents, the homeowners knew or should have known what they were signing. All they saw was an extra $XXX to blow each month. Five minutes on the internet would have told them everything they needed to know.

Reactions: Darkside-Six