• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Banshee in 4.6X30mm!

Attachments

• DFC6FA87-F048-4412-8CA3-967D2BBC4FA4.jpeg
    DFC6FA87-F048-4412-8CA3-967D2BBC4FA4.jpeg
    342.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Haha
Reactions: AngryKoala
I'm surprised there isn't more interest on here. This looks like a fun little blaster.

I'm surprised there isn't more interest on here. This looks like a fun little blaster.
Yes, it does, but it's kinda pricey for a blaster and I have yet to see ammo for any kind of price I'd want to blast with.

Reactions: atomic41
I built a 5.7x28 bolt gun. It is a blast to shoot.

This would be a neat round to play with. I wonder if reloading would do anything for it cost or longevity wise on ammo supply.

Supposedly HK is going after anyone making ammo in the caliber, and requiring a PD order for ammo. Fiocchi stuff is like $1 a pop currently while it lasts.

@roostercogburn98

Details on that 5.7 bolt gun?
Rem700 SA, timney trigger, shileen 16in 1:14 SS barrel, manners stock, Leupold mk4 2.5-10, Badger rings, sitting on an old set of GG&G bipods. Usually wears a YHM SS Phantom as well. Launches 40g pills like magic for a tiny baby round. I’m getting right at 2300fps with a mild load of autocomp powder.
FF4F020A-7B4F-43D1-B2C5-D47D35AE409F.jpeg

Rem700 SA, timney trigger, shileen 16in 1:14 SS barrel, manners stock, Leupold mk4 2.5-10, Badger rings, sitting on an old set of GG&G bipods. Usually wears a YHM SS Phantom as well. Launches 40g pills like magic for a tiny baby round. I’m getting right at 2300fps with a mild load of autocomp powder.
View attachment 7754921

Very cool. Would love a bolt gun in 5.7 to go along with the SBR’d PS90

Reactions: roostercogburn98
Why a 5.7 over a .223? Just curious

Just to have something different. Same reason I have a bolt gun in 338 Spectre. I have all the normal bases covered when it comes to guns, so some oddball ones here and there keeps range trips interesting. Plus, it’s a great size for tinkering with different loads as it doesn’t use much powder.

I reload 40gr VMAXs over Autocomp for my PS90 and get an extra 100fps over the factory stuff without even getting close to max load, but still only burning 5.4gr of powder. Makes a pound last quite awhile:)

Why a 5.7 over a .223? Just curious
A buddy and myself built ours based off a conversation we had one day. Kinda started as could it be done. I built mine off a 700 frame, and he built his off and model seven frame. He went longer barrel with a slightly faster twist. Kinda fits in the reloadable 22 mag category IMO. I’ve shot this out to 400, but it gets wishy behind so small and relatively slow. Bottom line is we answered the question of could it be done. It just turned out to be a lot of fun to shoot really.

at least you can get SS190 for the 5.7x28 banshee if you feel the medical need. but this just.... why? if they were going to RDB for an oddball caliber I'd much rather the 7.5FK, or you know spend some engineering time making a bufferless bolt carrier so that the RDB system becomes very compelling as opposed to just one of the better ways to do a 9mm AR