• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BAR tactical rifle?

dylan clark

Private
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2008
Rector, AR
A while back I read of some rifles that where used at one point that where BAR sporters in 300win mag with 20rd detachable mags. They also had 1 piece stocks(mcm maybe?) and heavy barrels. Anyone know of someone who is building clones? Or anyone have any info at all about them? Guy on another site has a pic of a BAR in a 1 piece stock with a heavy barrel but it has the factory bottom metal. Seems like the company that made the originals was called ?-tech. Ring any bells?

Re: BAR tactical rifle?

20 round 300win mag magazines???? are you sure your not confusing the new BAR with the old Browning BAR from WWII? those had 20rd 30-06 magazines. i have never heard of a 300win mag 20 rd magazine....plus new BAR's share NO similarity to the original 1919A BAR or whatever the model number was(some one will correct me on that.)

No it was not the M1918 BAR. The Navy had some rifles of this type in 7 mag back a while ago based on the modern Browning BAR sporting mechanism. I am not sure who built the rifles for them but you might start with an inquiry to Robar to see what they know. They have been involved with the Navy on several projects for many decades.

I was just correcting the guy who said 1919 browning...
smile.gif

No, this actually happened, .300WM and everything. Unfortunately, there were durability issues. No great shock there...

Currently, the newest Rem 750/.30-'06 is also a contender (on my own personal vista) for something similar to a Designated Marksman role based on a civilian platform.

Rumor says 10rd mags can be obtained, and Gun Tests Mag says the prtoblems which have historically plagued the platform have been successfully resolved in this latest version.

There's one on my own 'to-get' list.

The .30-'06 is one of my selected minimalist 'do-most-all' chamberings (minimalist in terms of number of chamberings).

(.223, .30-'06, .44mag, 20ga; and .260 thrown in on a whim).

Greg

marc, thats exactly what I was talking about. Thanks for the link bro. I'd sell a kidney for one of those. I bet bedding one is a real pain.

and Greg if your into the Remngton semi-autos you might check out Accuracy INC. They make some nifty looking rifles, although I'm sure you probably already know of them.

Actually, I'm sorta on the naive side as that stuff goes. I'm suspecting they're something that would trigger my intense salivation, but beyond my financial reach. I only knew about the R750 because my Brother gave me a gift subscription to Gun Tests. More intense droolage there...

greg, its actually accuracy systems inc. not accuracy inc. my mistake. Their website isn't the best but I still wouldnt mind having a semi-automatic 6.5x55 with a .875 diameter barrel and a free float handguard. Prices aren't too terrible either.