• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barefoot bandit

blazinpixels

Private
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2009
Rochester MN
Gosh that kid is able to elude police and fbi authorities... that is awesome... i hope he gets away and dosent have to do any time. he is a folk hero... if they cant get him after so many months they should just leave him alone

Re: Barefoot bandit

no link, no pics, jeez you suck
grin.gif

Oh yeah, I heard about him. He's only a year older than me. It really is an awesome story.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Colton Harris-Moore (born March 22, 1991), better known as Colt in his home town, is a fugitive from Camano Island, Washington. He is suspected in the theft of at least five small aircraft, a boat and two cars, and in the burglaries of at least 100 private residences in various locations around the Pacific Northwest of the United States and Canada. On the Fourth of July, 2010 he may have stolen an airplane in Indiana and fled to the Bahamas.

Harris-Moore became known as the "Barefoot Bandit" by reportedly committing his crimes while barefoot. In Fall 2009, police found footprints at an airport hangar in Bonners Ferry, Idaho, where a plane stolen from there crash-landed approximately 260 miles (418 kilometers) to the west near Granite Falls, Washington. Police in the San Juan Islands also found cartoonish, chalk-outline feet all over the floor of a grocery store that was broken into in February 2010.

Harris-Moore is suspected to be responsible for approximately 100 burglaries in Washington, Idaho, and Canada, including bicycles, automobiles, light aircraft, and speedboats.[3] It is believed that he learned how to fly small planes by reading aircraft manuals and handbooks and by playing flight simulator computer games.[4] One plane he stole was a Cessna 182 belonging to KZOK-FM radio personality Bob Rivers, which was valued at $150,000. The plane was later recovered from the Yakama Indian Reservation, though it was so badly damaged that it was a total loss.[6] He is known to visit areas with wireless internet access, and use a laptop computer.[7] Some locals believe that his burglaries are not for the money, but to experience the fantasy of the happy home life he never had as a child. According to local sheriffs, he often would slip into a home just to soak in a hot bath or steal ice cream from the refrigerator. Initially, he would steal only what he needed for life in the woods, as a survivalist. Once, he allegedly used one homeowner's computer and stolen credit card to order bear mace and a pair of $6,500 night vision goggles.[3]

On May 30 or 31, 2010, police found a handwritten note and $100 at a veterinary clinic in Raymond, Washington, approximately 95 miles (153 kilometers) southwest of Seattle. The note read:[8]

“ Drove by, had some extra cash. Please use this cash for the care of animals --Colton Harris-Moore, (AKA: "The Barefoot Bandit") Camano Island, WA. ”

In late June 2010, Colton had been a suspect of vehicle thefts stretching as far east as Illinois. The trail of suspected thefts attributed to Colton passes through Idaho, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, and Illinois. Police found a 2008 white Toyota Sequoia in Norfolk, Nebraska, which was reported stolen in Yankton, South Dakota. Later that day, several burglaries were reported at Karl Stefan Memorial Airport, located one mile (1.6 km) south of where the SUV was abandoned.[9][10] A truck owned by the town of Ottumwa, Iowa was later recovered in Dallas City, Illinois.[11] On July 4, 2010, a Cessna 400 single-engine plane was reported stolen from the Bloomington, Indiana airport – it was later found crashed in the shoreline waters of Great Abaco Island in the Bahamas, again leading to speculation that Harris-Moore was responsible.[12] Shortly afterward, seven break-ins then took place across the island, during which Harris-Moore was captured on a security camera. The Royal Bahamas Police Force has begun a manhunt, which Harris-Moore has so far been able to elude.[13] On July 6, 2010, a federal judge in Washington state formally federally indicted Colton Harris-Moore for interstate transport of stolen property/airplane theft. The FBI is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to his arrest, and federal agents believe that he is responsible for the recent Indiana theft.[14]
</div></div>
280px-Colton_Harris-Moore.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FarmBoy28</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gosh that kid is able to elude police and fbi authorities... that is awesome... i hope he gets away and dosent have to do any time. he is a folk hero... if they cant get him after so many months they should just leave him alone </div></div>

Hes a crook....Breaking into peoples houses, ordering stuff on their credit cards. Some homeowner is gonna put a round in him one night than the problem will be solved.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cleaner</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FarmBoy28</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gosh that kid is able to elude police and fbi authorities... that is awesome... i hope he gets away and dosent have to do any time. he is a folk hero... if they cant get him after so many months they should just leave him alone </div></div>

Hes a crook....Breaking into peoples houses, ordering stuff on their credit cards. Some homeowner is gonna put a round in him one night than the problem will be solved. </div></div>

He is a thieving punk,bet you would not have that warm and fuzzy feeling if he stole your property,would you?

Cleaner nailed it right on the head.

Too bad he didn't fucking die in that plane crash. Now when they do catch him, I'm going to have to pay for his housing and meals. Someone needs to catch him breaking in a house and blow his shit away.

I guess I missed when it became 1932 again and how I am supposed to admire every thieving douchebag who steals from anyone with more than I have.

About the only way I would feel any pity for the thief would be if he was owed money or personaly damaged by one of the people he stole from. There is no way all of the people he stole from did him any injury.

He is a scumbag and the only thing better than him catching one or more 230 grain hollow points, would be seeing his barefoot ass chewed to bits by my Shepherd and my Doberman.

If he thinks he can elude extradition in the Bahamas, he aint as smart as the cheerleaders believe.

"COOL"...."AWESOME"?????? Wake up you idiots,Are you 10 years old? Put down the controller and step away from the game console. This is real life now. These are real people, who actually worked real hours to earn real money to buy the things that this asshole sneaks in and steals. He decides that they are not entitled to their property, based solely on "I want that so it should be mine". When he is caught, and he will be, he needs to be spanked and then spend at least everyday of the next ten years in jail. You boys need to grow up.

He looks like he's just stealing for the thrill of it, which makes this all the more troubling. He doesn't look all messed up on drugs--he looks soft and pudjy, like he's all messed up on candy bars and his X-Box. It's not great, but at least a junky has a reason to steal.

Jack a round into this puke...

make him work off the debt he has accrued by stealing and theiving, and that will fix him

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FarmBoy28</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gosh that kid is able to elude police and fbi authorities... that is awesome... i hope he gets away and dosent have to do any time. he is a folk hero... if they cant get him after so many months they should just leave him alone </div></div>

Here is your chance to bail your hero out!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Minx</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> One plane he stole was a Cessna 182 belonging to KZOK-FM radio personality Bob Rivers, which was valued at $150,000. The plane was later recovered from the Yakama Indian Reservation, though it was so badly damaged that it was a total loss.[6] He is known to visit areas with wireless internet access, and use a laptop computer.[7] Some locals believe that his burglaries are not for the money, but to experience the fantasy of the happy home life he never had as a child. According to local sheriffs, he often would slip into a home just to soak in a hot bath or steal ice cream from the refrigerator. Initially, he would steal only what he needed for life in the woods, as a survivalist. Once, he allegedly used one homeowner's computer and stolen credit card to order bear mace and a pair of $6,500 night vision goggles.[3]
</div></div>

He's big news around here, apparantly he landed at the local airport, refueld with a stolen credit card and took off.

I listen to Bob Rivers every day!!! LOL KZOK, "Seattles Classic rock n-roll station"

kzok_wp_logo_r1.gif

Well I can tell you that The Rock in Nassau is not a fun place to be I know a few who have been there and carrying a weapon in the Bahamas is frowned upon. To try and run from Island to Island in the dark is harder then flying a plane. I'll bet he wishes he was back home.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: __JR__</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cut off his feet </div></div>

....and hands...

Although at face value it "seems" interesting based on his age but he is a common thief. Too bad one of the homes did not have a couple bare foot pit bulls.

Young American in a foreign prison....Time for a name change: The bare ass bandit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wadevb1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Young American in a foreign prison....Time for a name change: The bare ass bandit. </div></div>

Now that is funny! And you thought he was a legend outside of prison just wait to see how popular he gets with his cellmates.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wadevb1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Young American in a foreign prison....Time for a name change: The bare ass bandit.</div></div>

HAHAHA!!!

All he did was steal stuff. He didn't hurt or kill people, all this cutting off body parts and wishing for slow painful deaths is just stupid.

He deserves no more and no less than any other thief - a trial, a jury and if found guilty, then incarceration. We're not in Saudi Arabia or Taliban ruled Afghanistan for crying out loud.

I have to agree with Horizon on this one. He shoud get the punishment he deserves but I don't wish death upon someone for stealing things.

It even said he use to break in just to take ice.. you want to kill a boy because he took some ice? Yes I know he stole things of a larger nature.

I have been a vicitim of theft and so was my daughter. We have both had our homes broken into and property taken but it was all replacable.

His punishment should fit the crime and I don't think killing him would fit the fact he stole things. He didn't tryo to harm anyone or to hurt anything. If he was breaking in and holding people at gunpoint it would be a different story but he wasn't doing any of that from what I have read.

And his shooting at the cops when he was about to be apprehended was OK?

Killing might be extreme, but I'm all for a solid beating from the head of every household he stole from.

Since I think that the authorities believe he robbed at least 60-80 homes and stole/trashed around a million dollars worth of cars, boats and aircraft he'd be in for one hell of an ass whuppin.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: El Shavewa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And his shooting at the cops when he was about to be apprehended was OK?

Killing might be extreme, but I'm all for a solid beating from the head of every household he stole from.

Since I think that the authorities believe he robbed at least 60-80 homes and stole/trashed around a million dollars worth of cars, boats and aircraft he'd be in for one hell of an ass whuppin. </div></div>

I haven't read anything about his shooting at cops. It would change everything if he did. Where did you read this?

Oops. Time to make a U-turn.

When I first heard the story on one of the national news stories they said that he was involved in a shootout with Bahamian authorities in a stolen boat. His motor was shot out by the police and he dumped his gun overboard.

Doing a little research a later story said that he was involved in a shootout but it wasn't clear who was shooting.

Latest story from the AP - "He (Bahamian Police Commissioner Ellison Greenslade) said Harris-Moore had a weapon as he tried to escape on a stolen speedboat one last time, but he did not fire at police officers. Islanders reported seeing the fugitive in the area and some civilians even participated in the chase that ended with police shooting out the engine on the fugitive's boat."

He might be a poor misunderstood youth whose mommy didn't breast feed him long enough and his daddy never signed him up for flag football. In my world he's still a dirtbag and I hope his new sweaty cellie Bubba introduces him to the prison version of the Kama Sutra.