• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Barge

Arch

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2007
fake
www.chinesefortunecalendar.com
url]

Re: Barge

I was on DDG-98 the Forrest Sherman. I hoped everyday for 3.5 years that I would go to the pier and she would be burried to the mast in water. Being on that boat or any boat for that matter sucks balls!!!

Deth

I didn't know what the term "Extremely Arduous" Sea duty meant on my orders. That was before the four years,four months and twenty two days AT SEA on board the Paul F.Foster DD-964. Haze gray and underway was tattooed on you forehead. LOL!

Thats funny, Im in San diego working on the 68 and on my walk into work this afternoon the LHD-4 was transiting into the bay right past the 68. Big ships!

CJG

Really?
Why so harsh about a little time at sea? I spent my time aboard USS Valley forge CG-50, during the first Gulf War. We pulled into the Gulf the day before the bombs and missles landed. We spent 79 days at sea with out seeing land. The up side was we had plenty of money for our first Port of Call. Ya gotta love partying in a Middle Eastern Country during Ramadan.
SScott

Harsh? LOL. A little time? LOL even loudererer. When the Golf War ended I went 79 days without taking a shower. The upside with dysentery is washboard abs in only 4 days! Been on the Shreveport, La Moure County, Barnstable County, Austin, Peleliu, Inchon and the Nasty, pictured. Eat, pt, eat, read, eat, sleep... repeat. It's great fun when you carry a rifle, and don't have to wear those bell bottomed blue jeans and chip paint.

Ahh...the days of pissing off the Squids just by showing up for chow. It must suck being on gators for the Navy. I know we really didnt mean to. We tried to get off the ship as soon as possible and stay on land as long as they would could. I was on a bunch of ships...each one was like a new town or state. The LSD Oak Hill was new and would sprint ahead of everyone...then we would have to slow down and wait for them to catch up. I forget the name of the LHD that was with us on that float but it was really really old...like the layers of paint were the only thing holding it together. It was always breaking down...the Shreveport was not so much fun and was slow like a row boat...it actually lost its stearing control while transiting through the Suez Canal on the way home from the Gulf and had to limp to Haifa and fix herself up before she could sail back...

The JFK was cool...carriers are stupid loud though...I'm sure it was no accident that all us Jarheads were put in between the steam catapult or cable brake things...and every hornet sounded like it was going to crash through the overhead when it landed...best food though. Last float was on LHD-5 Bataan. It was brand spanking new as well...that was a nice boat. Decent food, a big gym, easy to find smoking decks...wide P-ways. Great ship.

I always felt bad when we would come back on ship after weeks of being in a desert without showers smelling worse than the local goats and had to walk right through the chow hall on our way to the berthing area...and it was always during chow. Poor bastards...still was a good time though.

Respectfully,

--KJ