• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Bark River Bravo 1 ?s

Cleanmiss

Private
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2010
sacramento
Hey guys I just snagged a new bravo 1 and so far it seems pretty legit. For one it has some heft for sure, but it feels balanced and sturdy. I got it to carry while I'm hunting, camping, hiking and shit like that. I have a couple questions. First off what's the best way you use to sharpen em? Second has anybody used em for guttin and skinning despite their larger size? And any other info or recommendations. I searched a bit but didnt find too much. Thanks again for the help fellas

Re: Bark River Bravo 1 ?s

Look into getting a leather strop and a stropping compound. I believe Bark River sells their own compound formula. Another method is using sandpaper with a soft backing like a computer mouse pad. Check out some youtube videos on how to sharpen a convex grind. I own an Aurora, but never used it for game processing plus it's pretty pointy.

I really like the strop belt method from prior experiences but I will try both on this heavy blade. Thanks I appreciate the help

Strop is the way to go.. but it takes practice. But once down.. it's fast. I wouldn't say it's the best gutting knife. They have other knifes that excel at those tasks. That being said, you could make due. Check out YouTube and check out this guys channel.. everything you want to know about BRKT and hunting knives:
http://www.youtube.com/user/virtuovice?feature=g-u-u

I use mine on the big skinning tasks, but use a caping knife for the finer work.

I have been sharpening mine with an Apex Edge Pro, guess my convex edge is now not so convex!