• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Barnes bullets

THUNDERBOLT68

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2009
TEXAS
Here are some of my bullets I have collected over the years.
BarnesBullets1.jpg

Notice the differant calibers
BarnesBullets2.jpg

Barnesbullets3.jpg

Re: Barnes bullets

I am a big fan of their bullets. I like the expansion without blowing up a whole front quarter's worth of meat.

My girlfriend took her first hog this year with the 168 grain tsx out of my .308.

Since bucks evaded me like the plague this year I can't speak to their stopping power; however, they sure do shoot nice at the range. I have complete confidence in their ability to get to the meat if I do my part right.

i like the barnes bullet but the all copper bullets are so expensive i cant afford to pratice with them. i usually use a game king and pratice extra. although i did take a elk at 438 with a 180 gx x bullet out of a 300 wby and was very pleased

Thunderbolt, Great Thread.

Hang onto those bullets, and you may also want to look at having them encased in lucite type stuff. There was a guy here who did that type of thing.

Point being though, that is a great example of the 'terminal effects' those bullets create. Only other point of curiosity that I'd have, is a retrieved bullet weight, and how much did it lose. (if any)

Carry on.

Cool that you found the bullets, I've never recovered a barnes. never tracked when shooting a barnes either
wink.gif