• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barnes Loading Manual.............

base

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2009
San Francisco, Ca
I was wondering if anyone has the Barnes Loading Manual and could tell me the different recommended loads for the .224 55gr TSX bullet using Hogdon Varget powder? The different loads and velocity please. Thanks.

Re: Barnes Loading Manual.............

Hi Vegas, I don't have the book, but some more info is needed for the person who does.....you looking for 223, 22-250, 220swift...etc.

Also, if you don't find anyone to post the data then call/email Barnes, they are very good about giving you load data.

Oh, I'm also assuming that you're asking about the 53grTSX. I've never ran the 53, but have ran a bunch of the 62TSX in my 223AI. I like a faster powder than Varget and was running H335 under the 62's.

Welcome to the hide, and take the time fill out your profile before Boltripper finds you.

i'm shooting the 22-250. Barnes doesn't recommend Varget powder huh?

The solution is really very simple. Get ANY reloading manual and look up the data for .224 caliber 55 gr. bullets and use that. Work up the loads in the usual cautious way...really. I've done that with more than one type of Barnes bullet.

You could also consider buying a Barnes reloading manual. If you're shooting pricey Barnes bullets you can probably afford a manual.

thanks. Mr. Humble i saw that but it goes up to 53gr. i guess i can start from there and compare the manuals i have and find a load for the 55gr TSX-FB.

2 gr in bullet weight don't mean diddly. Start with the starting load and work up OR just by the Barnes bullets book. They are all I hunt with and the book is a bargain.