• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Barnes VOR-TX

TACTICAL45

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 17, 2007
    Where ever they send me...
    I recently bought some ammo, in the package deal is 40 rounds of Barnes VOR-TX 168gr tipped TSX BT. Anyone with information on this, what would you compare it to?

Mods. I wasn't sure where to put this, this was the closest section I could find.

Last edited:
    Those are great bullets for hunting. As loaded cartridges, they aren't the most accurate. I reload those and get very good results. Vor-tx ammo shoots about 1-1.5 MOA out of my rifle.

Not sure they are comparable to any other ammo or bullet.

Roger, I did some of my own research and found it to be for hunting. Seems to be well liked, I was wondering how accurate it was for others. Haven't seen much data on that. What is the grain, rifle, distance and such you shot with the ammo?

I've shot it out of my Savage 10 and my M1A. I loaded the cases with 41.5gr IMR4895. Groups were around .75 MOA at 100. I've taken game animals at out to just over 200 yds. Only required 1 bullet.

I know I'm late to the party on this one, but I thought it would be good to share. My personal experience is the 169 gr vor-tx shoots almost identical to the Federal Sierra Match HPBT. I've shot them out of two guns with the same result at distances up to 200 yards.
    I've been wanting to stretch it out, but haven't had the opportunity yet.