• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Baro on Kestrel / Strelok

Andrew863

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2018
Russellville KY
I have done alot of looking but can't seem to find the answer. I have a older Kestrel NV4500 that I use wind and conditions and use Strelok for ballistics. I'm not sure how to set the barometric pressure and altitude. When I check it on Strelok the baro is close but alt.feet is way different. I'm really not sure what to do. I shot a comp that goes to a mile last year and I guess got lucky and made 2 impacts, but I really want to get this figured out. Thanks for any help as I'm lost as last year's Easter egg.

On the kestrel baro screen it should be set to ref 29.92. That will give you absolute or station pressure. This will feed strelok

eta cancel that, you have a 4500. That won’t communicate with iOS (if that’s what u r using). You will have to manually input the kestrel weather in strelok

Reactions: 6.5SH
So is that still what I need to set it at on the kestrel and should I not use the internal baro and alt on Strelok on my phone. It is a note 9 if that matters.
On the kestrel baro screen it should be set to ref 29.92. That will give you absolute or station pressure. This will feed strelok

eta cancel that, you have a 4500. That won’t communicate with iOS (if that’s what u r using). You will have to manually input the kestrel weather in strelok

So is that still what I need to set it at on the kestrel and should I not use the internal baro and alt on Strelok on my phone. It is a note 9 if that matters.
I’m not an android guy but the internal barometer is more than accurate. That is station pressure.

On the kestrel in order to get station pressure you set the baro ref to 0 and that gives you station pressure on the kestrel.

What do you mean by alt? DA or altitude?

25DFF976-E0ED-429A-AF82-36E31C8B030F.jpeg
930EDA09-A5F3-46CE-AB3E-0A617AAE4402.jpeg
I just happened to have a 4500 sitting here. This is how it should be set

Reactions: Andrew863
One more question do I need to turn the sync alt off? If I don't when I set the BARO at 0 then set the alt ref at 29.92 it will change the BARO?
yes off. But the alt screen is meaningless honestly when using station pressure. If you had it set up where you are using barometric, corrected, pressure it has merit,

But yes, turn sync off.

and on the altitude screen turn sync baro off.