• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrel blanks for ELR calibers… anyone have them in stock?

Jimmy D in AK

Myrmidon
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2010
Alaska (AK)
I’m looking to purchase a .375 1-8 “ barrel blank. Straight no taper finshining between 30-33” with no more than 1.375” OD. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx

Straight barrels with no taper have narrow node windows.
BAGW,

I have 2 other rifles (1 is an ELR caliber) without contoured barrels and they were both rather easy to develop loads for, I’m not saying you’re wrong, just that it’s not been an issue for me (yet). I appreciate the reply and you for taking the time.

Buy your barrel now that you need next year. Good luck on the search and don’t buy just one. These barrels/actions/stocks are long waits typically. K&P may be able to help you. Their waits are typically not as long as others if you’re in a hurry and there are a lot of his barrels on the line usually at each match.

The thicker and heavier your barrel is...the less the vibration of the 60K+ PSI explosion will cause your barrel to oscillate....and thus...easier to tune a load for. More mass...harder to make it move.

I've ordered a few barrels from KS arms up here in Canada, not sure if they ship to the states but they are usually only like 4-6 weeks for a barrel

Reactions: badassgunworks
Most of the time KS can deliver in 3 to 4 weeks in my opinion they are the best barrels that money can buy. Any twist, any size and length, any caliber and land count. rifle match grade cut barrels. Inc progressive gain twist.

Last edited: