• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrel Chamber Question

Mike_Honcho

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2007
Two questions:

- (.308) I bought 16.5" 1:8 barrel some time back thinking I was going to shoot subsonics (I still have my original 1# of cheerio powder and half a box of 180 grn RNSP), I remember that it required factory new case dimension ammo. Long story made short - I never shot it.

- I spun it on and shot it. My reloads were all checked with a Wilson gauge and I am bang on min size and trim
- Chambering requires a hard shove and strong cam over
- Extraction requires a hard smack
- Primers look fine
- Shoots shoots easy 1/2 MOA naked, .4's with a THOR Ti / Lapua 175 SMK 43.5 RE15 Fed LP

A) What can be done about the chamber and extraction / chamber size?
B) How well do you think a 1:8 will shoot at 600? (about like a 1:10 / 1:12)

TIA

Figure out where its interfering. If the barrel is just chambered kinda short, try bumping the shoulder further by screwing your FL die down more. Forget the wilson gauge. If the chamber is tight at the base of the case(just north of the extractor groove), you may need a small base die.